IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASCU7 ask for update over and over again

Oldtimer

I accept the message about update. Program does the update with no error messages.

After some time a new update message comes up. All sizes between 6 an 25 Mb.

14 days to renewal of licenses. I will see this fixed before I buy IOBit again.......

Win7 Home P. ASCU7, Malware Fighter and Smart Defrag with License.

ASCU 7 and all other IOBit programs is now uninstalled.

I doubt I will run IOBit again.

Computer running a lot better with MSSE and Win defender..

Malwarefighter has let trhrough a couple of trojans. Defender found them and fixed the problems.

"The Mods" where are they, "hirche"?

ASCU 7 and all other IOBit programs is now uninstalled.

I doubt I will run IOBit again.

Computer running a lot better with MSSE and Win defender..

Malwarefighter has let trhrough a couple of trojans. Defender found them and fixed the problems.

"The Mods" where are they, "hirche"?

You seem to have resolved the problem yourself, by removing all Iobit products. A drastic measure to say the least. However, that is what freewill

is all about. The ability to make choices and accept the consequences, good or bad.

As for the Mods??...if the Mods had an answer they would have provided it. You posted your issue on a Friday, which is the beginning

of the weekend, and the Iobit forum liason will not be available again until Monday, and she will have the answer for you.

So, you removed the Iobit products, not because they are bad, but because you lack patience. Remember, this forum is made up of volunteers who

give of their time and knowledge freely, and are entitled to also have a private life.

Best of luck with MSSE and Win Defender, and if you experience any issues with them. good luck with the MS forums/support.

You seem to have resolved the problem yourself, by removing all Iobit products. A drastic measure to say the least. However, that is what freewill

is all about. The ability to make choices and accept the consequences, good or bad.

As for the Mods??...if the Mods had an answer they would have provided it. You posted your issue on a Friday, which is the beginning

of the weekend, and the Iobit forum liason will not be available again until Monday, and she will have the answer for you.

So, you removed the Iobit products, not because they are bad, but because you lack patience. Remember, this forum is made up of volunteers who

give of their time and knowledge freely, and are entitled to also have a private life.

Best of luck with MSSE and Win Defender, and if you experience any issues with them. good luck with the MS forums/support.

A drastic measure??? I had to do that. When I stopped Malware Fighter Pro and started WinDefender, 3 trojans "popped up" got removed and my PC is back to normal.

IOBit and MSSE/WinDefender is NOT the only programs in the marked.

How about that. Why so sarcastic, Mr. Moderator?

I fail to see how you viewed my reply as sarcastic. I merely presented the facts to you. If WinDefender found threats which IMF missed, then you could have passed on the relevant

information to Iobit which would have helped them to improve their product, It would also have helped other users. This is what we do....help each other. No program is 100% perfect.

You are absolutely correct, that IOBit and MSSE/WinDefender are not the only programs on the market, thereby giving us many choices.

I see no point in labouring this issue any further, as your issue is resolved and you are no longer using Iobit products. I sincerely wish you well with whichever products you choose.

:!: Users of ASCU should expect frequent updates!

Hi Scannan,

I would like to add one point that frequent updating of any anti-virus software is normal and in fact, should be an expected function by the Users.

I don't want the title of the topic to mislead the users.

For all, please see the attached image how many times MSSE/WinDefender is updated in the last 10 days!

Users of ASCU should expect regular frequent updates and it is a good thing to protect the PC from last moment malicious releases.

On the other hand, I forgot the number of the malware IMF have caught and MSSE/WinDefender missed since I have installed Windows 8, 8.1 :-)

Cheers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n197276[/ATTACH]

:!: Users of ASCU should expect frequent updates!

Hi Scannan,

I would like to add one point that frequent updating of any anti-virus software is normal and in fact, should be an expected function by the Users.

I don't want the title of the topic to mislead the users.

For all, please see the attached image how many times MSSE/WinDefender is updated in the last 10 days!

Users of ASCU should expect regular frequent updates and it is a good thing to protect the PC from last moment malicious releases.

On the other hand, I forgot the number of the malware IMF have caught and MSSE/WinDefender missed since I have installed Windows 8, 8.1 :-)

Cheers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n197276[/ATTACH]

16 updates in 10 days, each a couple of kb's can not be compared to IOBits updates (between 6 and 28 Mb's several ties a day ;-(

A search on rewievs of AV and Malware programs do back me up in my disappoinment of the IOBit-package. So do my computer ;-)

I should have done this searches earlier. Instead of searching help here.

Good night and good bye.

I get 2 updates a day from both Malwarebytes and AVG....so in 10days that is 20 updates each...and you are complaining about 16...I for one am delighted that I get the updates.

It assures me that I am up to date and being protected.

Listen and read. "Enoskype" had got 16 upd. in 10 day, right?

I have trouble with SEVERAL updates (between 6 and 25 Megabytes a day.

Something is definately not right.

Going to this forum to ask for help was a mistake. How can a "moderator" act like this ? :-(

Archived