IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

should i upgrade to AWC 3 ???

intruder

after reading some of the responses on this forum i am not sure i want to upgrade ???

i have the free version of WAC2 and everytime i use it the update opens my browser automaticly and it's driving me nuts...lol

is this upgrade worth the hassle or should i just keep what i have ?

also the update routes me to major geek and i am not sure wich link to click on. i have tried a couple links on major geek but they don't seem to lead to AWC 3

can anybody offer some advice and how i can find the correct link on major geek to upgrade ?

ASC3 had a few ups and downs for a few during the betas, but yesterdays new build has polished the last bug in my view.

go for it have a good look around the options its greatly improved over AWC2. If you do not get on delete and go back to AWC2.

Would like to see you feed back lets us know how you get on.

Be very careful before installing ASC3 because it has some bugs that need to be taken care of before it can be considered stable. If you want to try it, you should make every backup possible with another tool so you will revert back in case things go wrong. Your system may not be affected but you should be on the safe side, otherwise your system might go to the crapper like some other PCs as I am sure you've read in this forum. Trust no one when it comes to your PC. That will save you a lot of headaches. Good Luck.

Hi intruder,

If you ask me, I would advice you to upgrade to ASC 3, but please read as much posts as possible about the safe usage of it, with backing up and creating restore point to your system. You will find tons of information about it in this forum.

You can find alternative download liks in this post including IObit's own server.

A hint for you:

If you want to keep AWC2 after installing the ASC 3, rename the folder of AWC2 to your choice such as "INTRUDER" before installing ASC 3 and after everything is OK, rename the "INTRUDER" folder again to original AWC2 folder. That's it, you will be usig both, but don't try both simultaneously at a time.

Cheers.

they should of left it the way it was ,cause people like me that don't know alot about computers can damage them

sapphireblues,

Taking into consideration of your quote above, you could have put your wordings in a much constructive way in the preceding post. Since you don't know the knowledge level of another person .

Going all around the forum and writing similar comments about ASC 3 will not help anybody.

Yes, there may be some bugs in the new version, but don't forget that there are so many persons using it without a glitch.

Warning is alright, but asking, if somebody wants to wipeout all Windows using it, is not fair.

Please be more constructive and try to solve your Pro problems directly with IObit.

Thank you.

Go with Pro

Hi intruder-Look through the forum,and analyze it's content.Now take into account the fact that most people are only posting on the forum because they have issues with the utility.Now take into account the hundreds of thousands of working installations around the world,and ask yourself-if this was such a problematic utility,why aren't there posts in the thousands!There are always going to be people with issues,the difference is those willing to work to solve them and admit that maybe their particular configuration is not suited to this application.And those that prefer to point the finger and cast blame on the utility,when ineptitude and and unwillingness is their real enemy.I've been running Iobit Betas for nearly a year now,and had no issue that wasn't resolved through this forum-granted ,I am very hands on and persistent,because that's what it takes to run Betas.In my opinion,install the Pro version and give it a go.Do not be dissuaded by a half dozen chronic whiners.Install and enjoy.

Now take into account the fact that most people are only posting on the forum because they have issues with the utility.Now take into account the hundreds of thousands of working installations around the world,and ask yourself-if this was such a problematic utility,why aren't there posts in the thousands!

What's your point? That goes for every software out there. People who have issues will post but the more important question you should ask is that: do they find a solution on this forum? most likely not because the developer or the so called experts on this forum try to avoid the problem and start blaming something else right away; you read things like: "you should configure your details," "update your drivers," "did you do a clean install," etc. Yaa, that should take care of all these bugs! I almost fell off my chair from laughing when I saw a new sticky with the title S O L V E D I S S U E S (Coming Soon!). This is funny. Is there any solved issue? Browsing through this forum, I rarely see anything solved. In fact most people give up at the end of every thread.

second, there aren't posts in the thousands because a lot of people don't even want to bother reporting all these bugs. If they are lucky and their pc is still working, they uninstall the application and that's that. If their pc is screwed, they can't reach the forum and even if they could, it is too late.

There are always going to be people with issues,the difference is those willing to work to solve them and admit that maybe their particular configuration is not suited to this application.

This is always the answer for every problem. Of course every pc has a different configuration and the developers of the application has to take this into account; it is easier to fix one application than to change every pc's configuration.

And those that prefer to point the finger and cast blame on the utility,when ineptitude and and unwillingness is their real enemy.I've been running Iobit Betas for nearly a year now,and had no issue that wasn't resolved through this forum-granted ,I am very hands on and persistent,because that's what it takes to run Betas

In fact it is the other way around, the so called experts on this forum try to blame everything else but ASC with all its bugs that have been there time after time.

Also, not every user on this forum is an expert Mr. expert and nobody has the time or patience to keep testing ASC when it says it is a stable release. Other people may not have the expertise to troubleshoot their pc after it has been screwed by a so called stable release.

My final words of wisdom: Good for you, keep testing those betas.

What's your point? That goes for every software out there. People who have issues will post but the more important question you should ask is that: do they find a solution on this forum? most likely not because the developer or the so called experts on this forum try to avoid the problem and start blaming something else right away; you read things like: "you should configure your details," "update your drivers," "did you do a clean install," etc. Yaa, that should take care of all these bugs! I almost fell off my chair from laughing when I saw a new sticky with the title S O L V E D I S S U E S (Coming Soon!). This is funny. Is there any solved issue? Browsing through this forum, I rarely see anything solved. In fact most people give up at the end of every thread.

second, there aren't posts in the thousands because a lot of people don't even want to bother reporting all these bugs. If they are lucky and their pc is still working, they uninstall the application and that's that. If their pc is screwed, they can't reach the forum and even if they could, it is too late.

This is always the answer for every problem. Of course every pc has a different configuration and the developers of the application has to take this into account; it is easier to fix one application than to change every pc's configuration.

In fact it is the other way around, the so called experts on this forum try to blame everything else but ASC with all its bugs that have been there time after time.

Also, not every user on this forum is an expert Mr. expert and nobody has the time or patience to keep testing ASC when it says it is a stable release. Other people may not have the expertise to troubleshoot their pc after it has been screwed by a so called stable release.

first of all rsandy, when we try to "avoid" the problem, it is because 1/2 to 3/4 of the problems have been solved that way. the other 1/4, we try to help and most likely we will find a solution- be it from the developers or the people in this forum. and what do you mean you dont find solutions. when you find problem threads that are dead, that means it was most likely solved.

if they want to uninstall the application, fine. let them. if their pc stops working, theyll get it fixed, curse the program, and let it be.

"Also, not every user on this forum is an expert Mr. expert and nobody has the time or patience to keep testing ASC when it says it is a stable release. Other people may not have the expertise to troubleshoot their pc after it has been screwed by a so called stable release."

and thats WHY we have the people that help others on this forum. and what do you mean nobody has the time or patience to keep testing ASC. they distribute it as beta to see if there are bugs. if there are, they work on it. however if nobody tests the beta, there are no bug reports. without bug reports, THERE IS NO FIXING OF BUGS. this beta has been in beta for quite a while with barely a complaint. Therefore, it is brought out of beta and though of as a "stable" release because the developers dont have any bugs to work on. then they release it, and as soon as a bug report comes in, they start working on it. thats the way things get fixed. how do you think software is released? they put it in beta, get some bug reports and start working on them. see? no bug report=no waiting. the developers are constantly checking the forum and waiting for those reports. for the time being, we're here to help.

What's my point?

Rsandy,Now you're joking,right?Because after your last post,I'm laughing.I'm sorry for your dissatisfaction with the product and the attempts of this forum to resolve your issues.You and one other individual have presented this obscure "bug" to this forum.Has it been resolved-no!Have you made any attempt to resolve this issue by working directly with the developer?I suspect not as there is no post from you indicating such.We here at the forum are volunteers(I am anyway),and certainly have made every effort to help you.I personally invested over four hours of my time searching for information to resolve your problem.I believe there were more than a dozen responses to your concerns.So in response to those attempts,you choose the phrase "What,no more bright ideas?"(Oh yeah,that will get you help)Next you choose to taunt with"Wishing the bug would go away"and "This program always messes up my...",and"God knows what that does."Then,lastly,you decide to ridicule the product by taking the "Big Brother" tact and warning off any of those interested in the utility based solely on your experience.(Well done)Let me ask you,how often do you see Windows updates from MS?,or look at scan results from a utility like Secunia?Sorry,I forgot,you're the guy that "won't let Windows choose anything for me",so you probably seek out all of your own updates one at a time,because you're not a "newbie"My point,which I will attempt to make again,is that all software is a "work in progress"be it Beta,RC,or Final.None of it is perfect.For you to bash this product because of your obscure problem is absurd and the way you go about it is childish.As rude and unappreciative as you've been,I still wish I could present you with the solution to your problem,if for no other reason than to show you that we do try to help people here! My final words of wisdom: Too bad for you,grow up and take your issues directly to Iobit,or uninstall the utility,pack up your attitude,and go whine on some other forum who's product doesn't work for you.And yes,I will continue to test Betas,thank you very much,because I know how to seek out solutions to their problems without being an offensive jerk(your case excluded)

Hi Rsandy

On a final note I would like to see some expert comment, that addresses issues with the programs problems.

From my past experience with you I do not have examples that you have tried to solve your problems by trying to change your own settings.

This is certainly not an expert approach!

Fx. you had some very strange colour settings - one of them minus 43 where the standard was 50, - why??

We are still awaiting your expert solution to this.

We can use all the help we can get from kind users, that want to share their experience with others in a positive way.

We in the forum are almost all of us ordinary users that are trying to help inexperienced users with problems.

Derogatory comments are only useful if they are undeniably true.

solbjerg

Pound some more crap our way

It's funny to read all the crap from everybody on what works and doesn't. I am having problems too (color goes black and white whenever the program runs) and have talked to a lot of IT friends that work for places like IBM, Dell and Apple. They have all told me that I should delete and move on. All the chest pounding is just a joke. Why would someone pay for something that seems to not work right when you want it to. I sure the hell don't need to be running all the extra programs like CC and defender and all the other crap that seems to be the problem. Maybe if the programs would run with the other programs instead of trying to take over all the programs. The more I read on the forums here the more I just want to delete and move on. I am not going to readjust everything for one program. Sorry that IOBIT has put a flop just like Windows. Oh yea Apple has had their flops too, they all do. I'm sure that all us whinners are at fault. Feel like I am dealing with my kids. I wouldn't pay for this now.

Some of us are not aware of the question asked in the title of this thread.

The question was, if the poster should upgrade to Advanced SystemCare 3 FREE from Advanced WindowsCare2 Personal.

Both of the programs are free, and nothing to do with paymet of any kind.

I think we have heard enough of it Ladies and Gentlemen.

This thread is closed.

Thank you for your input.

Archived