IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IMF 3.2 is worthless

Pat Riot

Iobit Malware Fighter 3.2 is worthless to me right now. Even as I'm posting this, I have had to close three popups. My browsers keep opening new tabs that tell me I have a malware problem, and they don't let me close them so they hijack my computer. I have to reboot to get control back. I would think that Malware Fighter 3 would clean that up for me, but no. Neither does ASC8 and I've run them both several times in my attempt to clean up my computer. I'm looking for a program that works, if you know of any. Iobit Malware Fighter 3 isn't working for me on this one. Thanks.

Hi Pat Riot,

Sorry to hear that.

What is the name of the malware that you mentioned? Please tell us more details so that we can help you remove it.

By the way, please boot your PC in safe mood and run your IObit Malware Fighter again to see whether it can remove it.

By the way, IObit Malware Fighter 3.3 is available, please update.:-)

• 4 weeks later...

I have discovered that MF3.3 is not very good as a virus checker. In fact PC Magazine said that during the tests "Malware Fighter Pro completely Tanked out". As a subscriber to MF3.3 Pro I am deeply shocked to hear that MF3.3 Pro is not fit for purpose. They went on to say that ASCU8 was more affective than the MF3.3 Pro, although not a stellar performance. If I had known this at the time I would have never supplemented my ASCU8 Pro with the MF3.3 Pro. ?It seems I have totally wasted my money.

The article went on to say that most comparison sites don't even list IOBit in the line-up, Is the new MF4 going to rectify this situation?

I have discovered that MF3.3 is not very good as a virus checker. In fact PC Magazine said that during the tests "Malware Fighter Pro completely Tanked out". As a subscriber to MF3.3 Pro I am deeply shocked to hear that MF3.3 Pro is not fit for purpose. They went on to say that ASCU8 was more affective than the MF3.3 Pro, although not a stellar performance. If I had known this at the time I would have never supplemented my ASCU8 Pro with the MF3.3 Pro. ?It seems I have totally wasted my money.

The article went on to say that most comparison sites don't even list IOBit in the line-up, Is the new MF4 going to rectify this situation?

Hi j_maybury,

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate uses IObit Malware Fighter Engine, but they have big differences as Advanced SystemCare Ultimate is an anti-virus program while IObit Malware Fighter is an anti-malware program. IObit Malware Fighter can be a good complement of Advanced SystemCare Ultimate. So it's recommended that you use them together for better security.

For the issue " most comparison sites don't even list IOBit in the line-up, ", could you please describe it more clearly so that we can look into it?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi lizajo,

Thanks for your feedback.

No product can remove all the threats, for there are always new threats. We will collect the related database about popmog.com to ensure that IObit Malware Fighter can remove it later.

Now please follow the steps below to remove popmog.com

I. Uninstall the programs/toolbars/plugins that you suspect with IObit Uninstaller, especially the programs installed in the period when you got the adware. Then click Powerful Scan to clean any leftover.

Download IObit Uninstaller from http://update.iobit.com/dl/iobituninstaller.exe

II. Reset browser settings of Google Chrome:

1. Open Google Chrome browser

2. Type this in the address bar chrome://settings/

3. Navigate at the end of the page and click on Show advanced settings

4. At the bottom of the page, click on Reset browser settings to remove all changes made by popmog.com

Reset Internet Explorer Settings:

1. Open Internet Explorer software

2. Navigate to top menu and click Tools > Internet Options

3. On Internet Options window, select Advanced tab

4. In order to reverse modifications caused by popmog.com, click on Reset button to bring back Internet Explorer's settings to their default condition.

Reset Firefox to its default state:

1. Open Mozilla Firefox program

2. Navigate to top menu and click on Help > Troubleshooting Information

3. Click on Reset Firefox button to erase the effect of popmog.com

III. Delete some needless IP addresses in the path below:

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts

IV. Enter your Control Panel, then find scheduled tasks when you can delete some unknown tasks.

V. Open your Advanced SystemCare, click the Toolbox tab to find the tool Startup Manager. And then disable some unnecessary startup items.

If you don't have Advanced SystemCare, please download it from the link below and install it:

http://www.iobit.com/downloadcenter.php?product=advanced-systemcare

VI. Carefully check that files under the following directories, and delete the files whose names are related to the infected malware.

C:\Windows\System32

C:\Windows\System32\Tasks

%programfiles%

%appdata%

%LocalAppData%

%temp%

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%

%COMMONFILES%

VII. Right click on the desktop icon of your browser, choose Properties, under Shortcut tab, check Target if there is any other website address after iexplore.exe, chrome.exe, firefox.exe, and remove the site address.

Please let us know the results.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Archived