IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

automatically detect proxy not working

ageekhere

In settings - automatic service - autoUpdate

You are given 3 options

direct connection

Automatically detect proxy

Specify proxy server

When I fill out the Specify proxy server, Advanced SystemCare is able to connect to the update server to check for updates.

However when using Automatically detect proxy using system settings Advanced SystemCare is unable to connect to the update server.

So the Automatically detect proxy is not working.

I tested the Automatically detect proxy feature on a few different computers, (all have the same issue) so I do not think the information the tool will provide will be of any help.

To test on your end try

Setting up a proxy on port 3128

block port 80 and 443

See if Advanced SystemCare 9 can connect to the update server using the Automatically detect proxy option.

If you still need the information from the tool let me know.

Hi, run a few more test and found where the issue is.

Advance system care when using "Automatically detect proxy" Still wants to go direct and use ports 80 and 443 and is not be reconfigured to go through the proxy.

Specify proxy server works fine because I can tell it to use port 3128;

"Did you set the proxy in Internet Explore"

Yes, I have a home proxy network (all lan to wan data goes through the proxy), Other programs that I use have no issue with Automatically detect proxy.

here is my wpad which works fine.

function FindProxyForURL(url, host) {

if (isPlainHostName(host) ||

isInNet(dnsResolve(host), "192.168.1.0", "255.255.255.0"))

return "DIRECT";

return "PROXY 192.168.1.1:3128";

}

So to test this issue setup a proxy and rout all traffic through it, Block port 80 and 443 and set Advance system care to use "Automatically detect proxy".

Let me know if you need more information, but I expect this is more a technical issue rather than a user issue.

Archived