IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Build your own XP SP3 Recovery Disk

detailer

Great link again detailer

Thank you!

This is a good idea if one has to use the sfc command, when ones Windows Install disc isn't prepacked with the update to SP3.

Thanks again

Regards

solbjerg

This isn't a walk in the park(at least not for me)but neither is the alternative.If you're in my position with an old XP2 disc,this could save your bacon.Comes with a slideshow for extra guidance.Take a look at this "how to"article.

The easiest way ( if it's your own computer) is to make an Image of your system with the free "Macrium Reflect" backup programme and save it to another partition or removable HDD. You can then use its Rescue Disc to restore the Image, if required.

xp sp3

Could someone make this more friendly to a computure dummie like me. I know how to create a new folder, but where is the root folder of my hard drive .I know how to open Windows Explorer. what happens after I insert my original cd . How do I navigate to my cd drive. After I select every thing ,how do I copy it to the folder I create.Last of all don't I have this all ready on my pc, since I have automatic up dates turned on. add and remove says its already installed on my pc. I guess what i'm asking, is this some thing I need to do now, or when i'm in trouble. I have heard alot of people have lost their help and support and maybe more after windows up dated to this xp sp3. Has anyone else heard this rumor? [garybear]

garybear

Ted has the best option, get some cloning software such as ghost or trueimage or the free one posted by ted. [if you have a maxtor or seagate HDD drive they have free tools on their official web you can download]

the sofware copies all the info on your hard drive to either dvd or a secondary hdd then if your HDD packs up or windows gets badly corrupted with a virus etc you copy your backup to you C drive.

[remember to do a regular clone backup]

The easiest way ( if it's your own computer) is to make an Image of your system with the free "Macrium Reflect" backup programme and save it to another partition or removable HDD. You can then use its Rescue Disc to restore the Image, if required.

Hey Ted, I just down loaded Macrium Relect. Idid the create a backup of an entire disk c; It took 3 dvd's 12.742gb. I t said it completed. I marked the disk's 12&3. All seemed well, but now every time I axcess the program, it says you have not created rescue CD. If I answer yes,then it seems to want to do what I thought I already done. Can you help please?

Hi, garybear,

You really only need the Rescue CD if you have to do a Restore and can't access the Macrium Reflect programme. However, it's a good idea to create one anyway, just in case.

Once you've done your backup and saved your Definition file, you only need to click that Definition file at a later date to create another backup. No need to enter all the same parameters again.

I've found Macruim Reflect provides excellent support and you can learn heaps from their forum. The guide file supplied with the programme is very comprehensive too.

http://support.macrium.com/

PS. I'd consider investing in an external USB HDD if you're considering regular backups (I keep two consecutive backups on mine). If you must use DVDs perhaps rewritable ones would be more cost -effective. I do know that Norton Ghost didn't like rewritable CDs.

Best of luck.

==============

Archived