IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware Fighter v4 beta

ffireblade

I tried version Malware Fighter v4 30 day trial and the product itself was excellent.

However when the trial ended I was left feeling I had been somewhat suckered into a honey trap. The product repeatedly flashed up messages threatening all protection would end at the end of the trial period but in fact it appears the anti-virus protection and browser protection end but the malware protection carries on as per normal. That felt like scare mongering to me. Also I find that the product if left on your PC to do it's anti-malware task, then initiates pop-up nag screens at random intervals when your working to try to force you buy the pro version 4. Again I really don't appreciate that and neither with many other users I suspect. Avoiding unwanted pop-up nag screens are precisely the reason users install an anti-malware utility, they don't then expect to have to contend that software employing the self same tactics.

I am now rather cautious of installing the latest beta of Driver Booster in case it's the same stunt to introduce nag screen tricks. Iobit really need to rethink their increasingly pushy approach.

Hi ffieblade,

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you used any other trial version except IObit Malware Fighter v4? If you have, you might know that the situation you met is normal after the trial ends. When the trial version ends, all the Pro features will not be available. Certainly, I will report your feedback to our product team for consideration.

I'm still in my 30 day free trial of 4B pro. I get an occasional message that 4RC is available. Seems that 4B should automatically install the update.

The install link goes to Major Geeks instead of IObit.

I am installing RC from MG. Installer hangs at 99% for a short time.

Now that I have RC, I need a MoonPie... |;-)

Archived