IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

3.0.1 or 3.1.0

usgroup1

on ASC 3.1.0.

The "software informer" gave me a long list of possible updates tried a few and were wrong versions for my software.

check carefully before installing by checking any update option in your software. tried the liveupdate update for symantec and corrupted my files as it was an older version despite showing later number, hp software and ccleaner wrong too. Did not check the list of others provided.

I would use this option as a ref for a manual check rather than use the links provided for now something is not right here.

Hi sunny

It is a very apt comment.

I checked it too, and decided to leave it alone for a while even though some of the recommandations are probably true.

There is also still the problem that some of the updates are so new, that no Windows validation exists.

So I conclude also - approach very cautiously!

Cheers and thanks sunny!

solbjerg

The "software informer" gave me a long list of possible updates tried a few and were wrong versions for my software.

check carefully before installing by checking any update option in your software. tried the liveupdate update for symantec and corrupted my files as it was an older version despite showing later number, hp software and ccleaner wrong too. Did not check the list of others provided.

I would use this option as a ref for a manual check rather than use the links provided for now something is not right here.

Hello, we will release v3.1 on our site next week.

ASC 3.1 will support FireFox3, Vista x64 version and also fixed bug in Regstry Defrag and improve the Registry Scan module a lot. I recommend everybody upgrade to this version.

The download url of it now is: download.iobit.com/asc-setup-cnet.exe

Update

Thanks Tim-got the update from CNET with no problems after some reassurance from "my boys".Thanks Solbjerg and Sunny-that was my take on "software informer" when it indicated 18 updates for my OS-not the way I "keep house".In my opinion."driver updater"should have been set right first(this only ever showed 3 updates for me)and never worked properly.The effort for the new utility is greatly appreciated,but with the track record of "driver updater",I'm afraid we're headed down the same road of OS disasters if anyone decides to employ this latest addition to it's full use.Sorry Iobit,hate to sound so skeptical,but this is backed with ample concern considering many reports in respect to "driver updater".This is exactly the type of add-on that should come incorporated in a Beta release,not a current(in some cases paid)version.I fear you've opened a can of worms with this one,but to be fair,I commend your effort to incorporate new utilities within the current version to "set the pace" for your competitors.Grab your fishing pole!

Archived