IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Start Menu 8 v4

Cicely

Hi Guys,

Start Menu 8 v4 FINAL version is available now. Check it out and share your feedback now.:oops::oops:

1. Send your Feedback

- E-mail us your suggestions or comments directly: beta-feedback@iobit.com

- Join discussion on our forums.

Great News! Start Menu 8 v4 Final has been released.

We have picked out the top 20 most valuable beta contributors for Start Menu 8 and presented them a license code 1 year as promised.

Top contributors picked out from Email Feedback:

klaus meier,Abdel Khaleq Karmi, johnj, Aleksi Hella, Gary Manuel, Robert Grenier, Stellan, Marlus Neo, Nova Alario,cabdi raxman Saylici

Top contributors picked out from Forum Feedback:

Templateblackbird, nilknarf69

Note: Only 2 top forum contributors are picked out. But we are still looking for more feedback and would like to share gift to our new contributors. Please feel free to post your valuable suggestion and comments here. ?

Check the surprise gifts in your Emails and Private Messages.

2. Share Start Menu 8 v4 with your families, friends, and colleagues

3. Download Now

Download From Here

3.What's New

+ Fully supported the latest Windows 10 version to perfectly switch between Windows Classic Start Menu and Windows 10 Start Menu

+ Smoother Start Menu launch with much less system resource usage for better customer experience

+ Optimized search engine for more comprehensive and faster results

+ Fixed the occasional failure of launching Start Menu on Windows 10

* Fixed minor bugs

5.Description:

Start Menu 8 is a desktop customized utility for Windows users, specifically designed to bring back the familiar Classic Start Menu to Windows 8/8.1 & Windows 10.

It offers a convenient and simple solution to freely switch between the latest Window 10 start menu and Windows Classic Start Menu. It also provides multiple start menus for Windows 7/Vista/XP.

With the improved searching engine, you can quickly and easily access your apps and files from start menu.

Start Menu 8 allows more customization with just a few clicks, which provides the options to skip Modern UI & Welcome on Windows 8.1 and customize your taskbar any way you like on Windows 10.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my wishlist (in order of precedence):

Fix 'all windows minimize' bug.

Fix startup lag on domain connected computers.

Fix switch user bug.

Support high dpi throughout the entire app.

The power menu options should always match the native power menu even in remote sessions. e.g. restart should not show by default in a remote session.

Right click 'run as administrator' on a cmd prompt shortcut runs it in 32 bit instead of 64 bit mode. Can this be fixed to run in 64 bit?

Option to remove Auto shutdown from power menu.

StartMenu8's power menu says 'Log Off' but the native start menu power menu says 'Sign out' in Windows 10. Can the text be changed to match?

Support growing and shrinking when pinning/unpinning shortcuts instead of having a fixed "Number of programs to display".

Support Ctrl-Esc, Alt-Home, and F3 in explorer keyboard shortcuts.

Option to disable jumplist arrows.

• 3 weeks later...

IOBit

i wanted to let you all know about this possible problem/bad link.

i'm currently running Start Menu 8 v3.0.0.1.

i'm running Windows 10 64-bit and using Google Chrome Version 54.0.2840.99 m (64-bit).

StartMenu 8 v3.0.0.1 told me there is a new release. So, i went to get the v4.0.1 release from this page on the IObit's website

..... http://www.iobit.com/en/iobitstartmenu8.php

i clicked on the "Free Download" link, which took me to Major Geek's Start Menu 8 4.0.1.1 page

..... http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/start_menu_8.html

i clicked on both of the "Download@MajorGeeks" links

..... http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/getmirror/start_menu_8,1.html

..... http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/getmirror/start_menu_8,2.html

as the file was downloading, Chrome stated "sm8-setup.exe is malicious, and Chrome has blocked it." (see below for more)

I was able to download it using Mozilla Firefox v50.0.

McAfee Anti-virus said it was okay. McAfee WebAdvisor said this about the actual download page [start_menu_8,1.html]:

"We tested this page and blocked content that comes from potentially dangerous or suspicious sites. Allow this content only if you’re sure it comes from safe sites."

edward perez

dallas, tx

p.s., i attempted to send this note via this page http://www.iobit.com/en/onlinefeedback-form.php?product=free

but it wouldnt let me submit w/out a valid License Code.

-----------------------------------------

Chrome's "Learn More" explains...

"Why the download was blocked

Your file download may have been blocked for one of two reasons:

We think it might be a malicious, unwanted, or uncommon file.

Malicious: You tried downloading malware.

Unwanted: You tried downloading a deceptive piece of software. This program, disguised as a helpful download, may actually make unexpected changes to your computer.

Uncommon: You tried downloading an unfamiliar and potentially dangerous piece of software.

We've found that the website you tried to download the file from has been known to distribute malware."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi athanaso77,

Welcome to IObit Forum!

Please kindly note that Start Menu 8 v3 is totally free for all users include Advanced SystemCare Ultimate users.

In Start Menu 8 v4, there are only pro version and trail version, no free version. So all users need to purchase it if they want to use the pro version. Please visit the post here to get more information.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way I can go back to version 3? If I had known I would be forced to pay to continue using it after upgrading, I wouldn't have done it.

I have no issues with having a pay version, as I know you have to pay the bills. What I do have a problem with is using a product for 2 years or so for free, then without warning being forced to pay to keep the features I had gotten used to using daily. Had there been a pay version from day one, then this would likely be a non-issue, but I'm afraid I may end up uninstalling and retracting my many recommendations to friends, family, and others.