IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I am Krissy

Krissy

Hi solbjerg,

I was thinking garybear was having a problem with the backing up part of the process itself...maybe I'm wrong.

The original registry settings are stored on your PC, but they're the original-at-time-of-installation-never-again-to-be-current settings. In other words, they don't account for anything you've done since the install. I back up my current registry weekly. I've only had to use the backup to recover my system once, but it saved me having to reinstall.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably know even less

Hey Garybear-Lo Just Dave

it's gotta be a communication thing. Krissy is saying that all the

things (system restore, backup, registry stuff) appertain to the restore

items on the right. but that is pretty much pointless, far as registry

backup goes. I hear you GaryBear, it is a poser. How to make the redundant-

relevent?

Ok Dave

The old saying is "all things comes to the one that waits"

enlightenment perhaps :-) - wisdom is further down the lane - at least for me.

Cheerio

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

I was thinking garybear was having a problem with the backing up part of the process itself...maybe I'm wrong.

The original registry settings are stored on your PC, but they're the original-at-time-of-installation-never-again-to-be-current settings. In other words, they don't account for anything you've done since the install. I back up my current registry weekly. I've only had to use the backup to recover my system once, but it saved me having to reinstall.

All I know is?

If I open up the restore center; on the left are 5 actions. If I click on Backup Registry,my pc locks up, screen goes dark with message saying backing up registry please wait. 5 minutes latter it still has that message so I give it the 3 finger salute and end process. I'm not trying to do a Restore Registry any more because Dave said that was dangerous. I'm just trying to back up my registry with asc3, and it doesn't work. I don't see why this is so darn hard to understand. Eusing does registry backup in 20 seconds 55,000 plus entries. Am I the only fool trying to use this tool?I'm not trying to restore registry any more after the lock up; and Dave's warning. I understand its not a toy, but dang it , does it back up the registry or not? I'm ready to write it off, and just forget the whole thing. Its giving me hives lol[garybear]PS Thanks to every one. Would some one else try this tool and tell me what happens!!!!!!!I understand the backup is supposed to go to C:\ Programs\Iobit\Advanced SystemCare3\ Backup\RegistryBackup.cab\ I understand its supposed to backup the whole registry and be renewed every time you back up the registry. Wouldn't that be cool. I t don't work that way my friends. I'm done with it. It backed up 5,000 entries one time, and now it does nothing. What are these, and are they safe to delete. How did they get here,;talking about IOBIT entries. Its looks like asc3 put them here when I down loaded program. Whats their purpose. If I deleted them [iOBIT ENTRIES] what would happen?

:lol:

Hey garybear,

We're still on the same page, then. I did reinstall ASC (complete uninstall/delete/install) and now Backup Registry actually creates a file called RegistryBackup.cab, which contains the file Backreg.reg, which consists of HKEY_CURRENT_USER entries from the registry.

So my Registry Backup feature is functional, it just doesn't produce any useful results (only a part of the registry is backed up as stated above).

Have we just about beat this one to death or what?

Hi Dave

I have a RegistryBackup.cab (size 1.51 MB)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. but I do not wish to play with it unless I have to

:lol:

Hey garybear,

We're still on the same page, then. I did reinstall ASC (complete uninstall/delete/install) and now Backup Registry actually creates a file called RegistryBackup.cab, which contains the file Backreg.reg, which consists of HKEY_CURRENT_USER entries from the registry.

So my Registry Backup feature is functional, it just doesn't produce any useful results (only a part of the registry is backed up as stated above).

Have we just about beat this one to death or what?

• 2 weeks later...
Ok Dave

The old saying is "all things comes to the one that waits"

enlightenment perhaps :-) - wisdom is further down the lane - at least for me.

Cheerio

solbjerg

Divine Intervention has come to pass for the registry backup...

... Its bye-bye now!

(new version)

8)

Hi, everyone

I am Krissy from IObit. I will be in the Forum to discuss any problems you got with our products and services.

Thank you.:razz:

Hi Krissy, I see this thread changed direction mid-stream, I'm sorry I didn't read your post first. My response above was for the last two pages

Anyways, I'm glad your here!!!

8)

• 4 weeks later...

desktop display

Hi Krissy. Each time I run ASC free 3.1.2, and only after reboot, I cannot drag a window along with the contents. I have to go to Display and re select option for "drag contents with window".

Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Thanks, jukeman

Hi jukeman

When you run Diagnose System it will suggest a "repair" in "System Optimize" and show this as "Problems"

Click on problems to look them over and in the display section choose the one with (drag window) and place it in the ignore list by choosing the command "Ignore". (and any other you might want to keep)

Take a look in the thread "Usage of IObit programs" in the Lounge section.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Krissy. Each time I run ASC free 3.1.2, and only after reboot, I cannot drag a window along with the contents. I have to go to Display and re select option for "drag contents with window".

Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Thanks, jukeman

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting Logic!!!

Best seems to be two (2) licenses for three PCs each, plus a single (1) license for one PC.

(2 x $39.95 USD per 3PCs) + (1 x $19.95 USD per 1PC) = $99.85 USD per 7PCs.

Otherwise, license for 7 is $132.3 USD instead of $139.65 USD according to buy page. Don't ask me why!!!

I really find it hard to understand the calculation. If you buy a license for 3 PCs, the unit price is $13.17 USD for each, and if you buy a license for 7 PCs, the unit price is $18.9 USD for each. Interesting logic, I have never seen anywhere!!!. :roll:

Kevin, I would ask directly to IObit if there is a special offer for your seven (7) computers. That is, 1 license for 7 computers for one year.

Krissy too, may answer that!.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

Yes I had wondered about it too - it seemed strange at first sight, but I suppose that if you take into account that purchasers of many licenses most probably are organisations and firms that can deduct the purchasing price from their earnings before paying taxes, it begins to make more sense, right??

Cheers

solbjerg

Best seems to be two (2) licenses for three PCs each, plus a single (1) license for one PC.

(2 x $39.95 USD per 3PCs) + (1 x $19.95 USD per 1PC) = $99.85 USD per 7PCs.

Otherwise, license for 7 is $132.3 USD instead of $139.65 USD according to buy page. Don't ask me why!!!

I really find it hard to understand the calculation. If you buy a license for 3 PCs, the unit price is $13.17 USD for each, and if you buy a license for 7 PCs, the unit price is $18.9 USD for each. Interesting logic, I have never seen anywhere!!!. :roll:

Kevin, I would ask directly to IObit if there is a special offer for your seven (7) computers. That is, 1 license for 7 computers for one year.

Krissy too, may answer that!.

Cheers.

Hi solbjerg,

Your idea is interesting too. I wish you were in an organization or a firm that I was selling some goods through you.:lol:

BTW, does your firm buy many cars? Then we can offer really high prices per car. ;-) Ha ha ha.

Joke apart, If I were a financial controller, the whole purchase department of that firm or organization was in jail for bribing.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

It is like a Robin Hood approach - take from the rich - - -

They in their turn raises the prices for other consumers, so the poor will pay anyway :-)

Many years ago - in the middle of the seventies - I was with a friend in a museum in Berlin and we got thirsty and hungry and had a fine dinner and a lot of beers. When the time came to pay the bill, we discovered that we didn't even between us have enough cash to do it. - Well we told the waiter - and he said, "Doesn't matter, I'll let some of these rich bastards pay a little extra" and we went away in high spirits (we had consumed very many beers) ;-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

Your idea is interesting too. I wish you were in an organization or a firm that I was selling some goods through you.:lol:

BTW, does your firm buy many cars? Then we can offer really high prices per car. ;-) Ha ha ha.

Joke apart, If I were a financial controller, the whole purchase department of that firm or organization was in jail for bribing.

Cheers.

I have a small complaint; in iobits comparison chart with other system optimisers, iobit compare for example; a 1 pc licensed advanced system care with a 3 licensed system mechanic.

I find this very misleading and quite un-fair, please show honesty and integrity and correct this, match your prices with the likes of system mechanic and maybe then I'll consider purchasing your pro. version.

My family uses 5 PCs, so a multiple licence would suit us.

regards,

Paul

Hi rosshi

I am not an advocate of IObit, but at least ASC 3 Pro price for 3 PCs is still cheeper at $39.95 USD than System Mechanic's $48.97 USD, and I don't know if there is an option for 1 PC for System Mechanic.

I agree with you that, number of PCs could be used with those indicated prices, should be noted.

Cheers.

hi noskype,

I'm not an advocate for iolo's or iobit's software so I'm sorry to have to correct you; I just took a look at iolo's site, it's $34.97 for a 3 PC licence, so that is the cheaper deal, wouldn't you agree?

However, there is one area where Iobit beats iolo hands down; their free version. iolo don't provide a free version, just a limited time trial.

Swings and round-a-bouts

ATB

Paul :lol:

Yes rosshi, I should have checked their site, you are right, I would agree that $34.97 is cheaper than $39.95, but I am not sure about the cheapness of the deal though.:lol:

Swings and round-a-bouts?

Is this

http://www.egem.com.tr/downloads/!cid_image001.gif

what it is? :-P:-P

Cheers.

Archived