IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Computer Tips

usefullll

I not sure why after i installed Firefox 3.5 ,the scan seems to be gone after i download stuffs,any ways to configure it ? ,it's seems complicated below :sad:. Maybe screen shot or something? Thanks.

The scan that firefox does after you downloaded something seems rather useless. It has NEVER found anything, even when i download some of the most common spyware, a simple walk down the wild side.

In any case, if you'd like to remove the scan it does (as it sometimes freezes on big files)

Open up firefox, type in "about:config" without quotes, in the filter search scan

set the option scanwhendone or something like that to false.

No more annoying scans :)

• 1 month later...

Hi there Not interfering in any Way

I Just would Like to say This is very Very Good stuff you advised! I like the Very dental description on your Thread

and copy pasted this to may Data bank for reference !!

Thank you So very Kindly! for your hard work and Study you offered to the Community--

itsmejjj

Hi there Not interfering in any Way

I Just would Like to say This is very Very Good stuff you advised! I like the Very dental description on your Thread

and copy pasted this to may Data bank for reference !!

Thank you So very Kindly! for your hard work and Study you offered to the Community--

itsmejjj

:-) you're welcome.

• 4 weeks later...
Beyond off topic, but, your wall paper is kinda cool. xD

:wink: Thanks...it's from this section.

http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/wallpapers/FLCL/5/ (Around the Middle)

If interested in scenery wallpapers can try

http://media.photobucket.com/image/the%20place%20promised%20in%20our%20early%20days/natattack19/1205526444649.jpg?o=55

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Updated 5th June 2010.. regarding article section removal

Reason : just trying to ''focus'' the point of this thread instead of advertising others.

I'll be posting latest security articles in threads which deem more useful than putting in this thread :-P

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IObit Toolbox & EEK

There is IObit Toolbox Must-have System Utilities for Administrators and Computer Geeks

Not for 'Home users' Advanced System Care is best for everyday cleaning and maintenance.

But then, I love all things portable :mrgreen: which brings me to:

A-Squared is now officially called Emsisoft Anti-Malware but your link is still good.

There is also EEK (Emsisoft Emergency Kit) which is portable and is very handy as a standby 'on demand' scanner, update it on a clean computer and then use it to scan an infected computer.

It is truly portable and does not make any changes to the Registry (that I know of) but this also means there can be no 'Scan with EEK' in the right-click Context Menu to scan individual files or folders.

However, you can make a permanent Custom Scan (or Scans) and select just a folder. I have done this with my Downloads folder where everything I download goes to.

If I still have any doubts even after using my regular scanners, I can use the EEK Custom Scan to get a '2nd or 3rd opinion'

All the best, woz of oz

:-D Not a geek myself, but O_O Toolbox might give a try ASAP. Will update them, thanks.

Update : Looks like nCleaner which is good! (nCleaner too advanced for me)

There is IObit Toolbox Must-have System Utilities for Administrators and Computer Geeks

Not for 'Home users' Advanced System Care is best for everyday cleaning and maintenance.

But then, I love all things portable :mrgreen: which brings me to:

A-Squared is now officially called Emsisoft Anti-Malware but your link is still good.

There is also EEK (Emsisoft Emergency Kit) which is portable and is very handy as a standby 'on demand' scanner, update it on a clean computer and then use it to scan an infected computer.

It is truly portable and does not make any changes to the Registry (that I know of) but this also means there can be no 'Scan with EEK' in the right-click Context Menu to scan individual files or folders.

However, you can make a permanent Custom Scan (or Scans) and select just a folder. I have done this with my Downloads folder where everything I download goes to.

If I still have any doubts even after using my regular scanners, I can use the EEK Custom Scan to get a '2nd or 3rd opinion'

All the best, woz of oz