IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Completely Off-Topic

Ted

I hope I'm not infringing any rules with this question.

As my six-year-old Kodak Easyshare camera battery must be nearing the end of its useful life I bought an Eveready Mini Charger EV2PC complete with 2 x NiMH AA rechargeable batteries as a backup.

Two red LED lights glow while the cells are charging, but they don't go out at all so I don't know when they are fully charged.

The user notes suppied with the charger just give recommended charging times.

Can anyone tell me if NiMH cells need to be monitored for overcharging?

I hope I'm not infringing any rules with this question.

As my six-year-old Kodak Easyshare camera battery must be nearing the end of its useful life I bought an Eveready Mini Charger EV2PC complete with 2 x NiMH AA rechargeable batteries as a backup.

Two red LED lights glow while the cells are charging, but they don't go out at all so I don't know when they are fully charged.

The user notes suppied with the charger just give recommended charging times.

Can anyone tell me if NiMH cells need to be monitored for overcharging?

I found this at Yahoo Answer from MunkeyQ

''Ni-Mh batteries (like AA/C/D size etc.) can be overcharged if you use a

cheap constant-current charger and leave them in there for a long time.

Devices which use a nickel based battery normally don't overcharge them,

but leaving it on charge for a long time is generally not a good idea. They

apply a small trickle charge to the battery constantly to keep it topped up''

and ''In short: new things can't be overcharged, full stop. Older devices can be.''

I've no knowledge about batteries stuffs. Anyways hope it's help you. :neutral:

Didn't want to open new thread!

I hope I'm not doing some thing wrong, but didn't want to start new thread for this, and new Ted wouldn't mind if I posted this on his thread. Can any one tell me what this means ,and how to correct it? I would like to use this feature if possible ,and not dangerous[garybear] Thanks!

Hi gary

As far as I can see there is no information about what feature you are talking about.

Cheers

solbjerg

I hope I'm not doing some thing wrong, but didn't want to start new thread for this, and new Ted wouldn't mind if I posted this on his thread. Can any one tell me what this means ,and how to correct it? I would like to use this feature if possible ,and not dangerous[garybear] Thanks!

troubleshooter

I'm trying to use the trouble shooter in device manager to trouble shoot a device. It says my current settings prevent me from running unsafe controls. I'm in help and support, so how can this not be safe. an active control on this page is not safe. What does that mean? How do I allow this active control to run?

Hi gary

Please read about activex in Help and Support, there are several articles there, - try writing activex in the search pane there.

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm trying to use the trouble shooter in device manager to trouble shoot a device. It says my current settings prevent me from running unsafe controls. I'm in help and support, so how can this not be safe. an active control on this page is not safe. What does that mean? How do I allow this active control to run?

Archived