IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

bundleware detection is crap

whiggs

How is it that iobit uninstaller actually detects to see if an application is bundleware? From what it seems like, it appears that the deciding factor is if an executable installs more than one application, which is an insanely flawed concept to say the least. For example, I use an application called "Patch my PC" (https://patchmypc.net/) to not only install a variety of applications on a new computer, but also to keep the existing software up to date, which it does by silently installing any of the selected applications. However, whenever I try to install/update any combination of selected software, I am always greeted with something similar to the picture below. While I have not tested this (as I uninstalled the product immediately upon seeing the below picture, as it is obviously no longer the quality product it used to be), there are many other "automated software installation/update" utilities out there which this absolutely horrid bundleware detection mechanism might misidentify as bundleware (eg. Ninite, techtoolshop, etc), so I would highly recommend either implementing a quality bundleware detection mechanism into the application that isn't so simplistic as to flag software because a single process installed multiple applications or whatever mechanism that you currently have in place, as it obviously, like the title states, is crap.

• 2 weeks later...
Just more evidence to show that iobit needs to 1) improve the bundleware detection process so that it actually works, or 2) remove the feature altogether.

Hi whiggs,

So sorry for our late reply.

Please follow the steps below to help us further look into the issue:

1. Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/GetIObitConfigurationFile.exe

2. Double click GetIObitConfigurationFile.exe to run it, click the button 'Save report to Desktop'

3. Wait for a while until you see a file IU__logs_xxxxxxxx.log generated on your desktop.(xxxxxxxx should be the actual date when this file is generated.)

4. Send that file iu_logs_xxxxxxxx.log to us.

Thanks.

Archived