IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Offline installation requirements makes no sense.

ceo54

Hello,

I downloaded the package for the offline installation I can do after the clean install of the Windows but Alas! I have to install Driver Booster first to be able to install the drivers. Why this unnecessary step ?

Why can't I just install the drivers without installing the Driver booster as I like to keep the PC free of unneeded apps and only install them when required.

Can anything be done about this ?

Thanks and kind regards.

1 hour ago, Scannan said:

Did you care to read what I said ?

I know how it works, I don't need any further instructions. 

What I was saying, when I downloaded the file for offline driver installation and imported it on the PC the drivers are meant for, why do I need Driver Booster installed to be able to install drivers ? why can I just install the drivers without the program ?

From the link you provided:

Step 6. Upgrade/reinstall your PC >> download the latest Driver Booster here on your upgraded/reinstalled PC >> go to your driver package save location to double click the driver package to open the Offline Driver Install window >> choose the drivers you need and click Install to install drivers.

So after I have downloaded the offline driver package file, I need to install the program Driver Booster as I highlighted in the quote. I am asking why this unnecessary step ? 

I just want to click the files I downloaded and install the drivers without the need of having driver Booster installed.

36 minutes ago, ceo54 said:

Did you care to read what I said ?

I know how it works, I don't need any further instructions

I will caution you as to your behaviour when using the Forum. Disrespect will not be tolerated.

We don't get paid for this, but give our time freely to assist others.

Yes, I read your post. Obviously, you Do need further instructions.....otherwise you would not be asking the question.

It shows clearly in the information I sent that it is necessary to install Driver Booster in order to run the offline package.

This is because the package is created as a Driver Booster file, and so only Driver Booster can read it.

If you had read the Product Manual before using the program, you would have seen this.

32 minutes ago, Scannan said:

I will caution you as to your behaviour when using the Forum. Disrespect will not be tolerated.

Nah, that was not my intention. There's a difference between disagreeing and disrespect but I do sincerely apologies if you felt it so.

And I assure you that any reply you make to my threads or any interest you take in my topics is highly appreciated.

Moving on, can I further discuss it with you or continue this thread ?   

Edited by ceo54

This is because the package is created as a Driver Booster file, and so only Driver Booster can read it.

This much is clear. But my question remains, instead of packing the drivers as "Driver Booster file" why can't the program pack them as simple .exe or .msi self exucuting installers. Then the users wouldn't require to install the driver Booster first to be able to install the drivers.

Why it isn't so ? and more importantly what can we do to change it ?

The simple answer is that this is how the programmers decided to create the program.

The .dbd format is used by many programs. It is simply a way of utilising a database.

As to what you can do to change it..........you have already done all you can by bringing it to the attention of Iobit.

Personally, I think that if you want to use Driver Booster but don't want it sitting on your machine, then the easiest thing to do is to

download the Driver Booster installer and save it in a folder. Then you can install DB and use it. Then uninstall it. You can reinstall it anytime with the saved installer.

Personally, I think that if you want to use Driver Booster but don't want it sitting on your machine, then the easiest thing to do is to

download the Driver Booster installer and save it in a folder. Then you can install DB and use it. Then uninstall it. You can reinstall it anytime with the saved installer.

This is exactly what I have done until now bit no more. After the fresh install, first thing I do is install the drivers. Managing applications comes at much later stage of setting up the system.

This is not a good practice by Iobit, making us dependent on their product even when there's no need to. Of course the drivers will be downloaded through their program so I'm not sure why they want it sitting on users machine. Installing/updating drivers is not a frequent process except for the gamers maybe but those who want can keep the application installed. For the rest of us, the developers could have given us the break.

There are two similar programs from other companies which I'm refraining to name, I just tested and they apparently provide the .exe's I can save and use again and again without having to be dependent on the program itself. And all that in the free version.

Having said that, I prefer Iobit products over others as they are simple and efficient but this particular program Driver Booster and the way it handles the installation of drivers pushed me off. If this doesn't get changed, which I doesn't have high hopes for, I'll move on. No hard feelings though, Iobit products are kickass.

Thank you for the help and support Scannan, your presence and interest in my thread is highly appreciated. You can close this topic now if you like, I have nothing further to add.

Edited by ceo54