IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How long will IOBIT continue to change Iobit advanced system care pro to advanced system care free!!!!!!!!!!

paulkami

The issue is when windows updates or iobit program updates (not necessarily advanced system care) the registration switches from pro to the free version. You have to go to the iobit web site. Under support reinstall advanced system care and reenter the code! I hope that clearly states the issue.

I am sorry, but you are just not giving anywhere near enough info/detail on this issue.

I have never heard of this happening before in the way you describe it, and nothing even close pops up on an internet search.

Do you get any error messages or other notifications.

Please explain..."or iobit program updates (not necessarily advanced system care)"....what other Iobit programs cause this issue.

I have heard many times of windows updates causing similar issues, but never both windows updates and the programs own updates.

All of this sound to me like a windows setting issue....such as Controlled Folder Access...blocking access to the necessary files in ASC,

You can check in Controlled folder access  to see if it has blocked any ASC/Iobit files.

I do not understand why you have to go to the Iobit site and reinstall ASC. If ASC simply switched from Pro to Free, then all you have to do is

re enter your activation code. Why do you have to reinstall ASC if it has not been uninstalled.

The places in windows are....Windows Defender (Windows Security) and Controlled Folder Access.

Also, remember that if you have any other Anti malware/anti-virus programs running, then they could also be blocking Iobit files.

15 hours ago, Scannan said:

The places in windows are....Windows Defender (Windows Security) and Controlled Folder Access.

Also, remember that if you have any other Anti malware/anti-virus programs running, then they could also be blocking Iobit files.

I have Norton 360 on all three PCs. 2 laptops and one desktop. All have this problem. All are Windows Pro 64 bit. I'll contact Norton to see if they know anything. Does anyone in Iobit or the forums know anything???

3 minutes ago, paulkami said:

I can't find any Norton 360 setting changes that make any difference. Norton support does not know of any issues. Isn't there any iobit files I can copy that would make restoring to pro easier? This always happens on Windows updates. I see that Iobit program files are in the x86 program folder is this correct even though I have windows 64 bit pro?

Yes the x86 folder is correct.

While I would really like to help you solve this issue, you are making it difficult, with contradictory information.

Now you are saying that this always happens with Windows Updates, when original you said it happens with both Windows Updates

and Iobit updates.......which is it??

You also never answered my question as to exactly what Iobit Programs this happening to.

6 minutes ago, Scannan said:

Yes the x86 folder is correct.

While I would really like to help you solve this issue, you are making it difficult, with contradictory information.

Now you are saying that this always happens with Windows Updates, when original you said it happens with both Windows Updates

and Iobit updates.......which is it??

You also never answered my question as to exactly what Iobit Programs this happening to.

After your original response I'm saying its only windows updates. I have said from the beginning that it is advanced system care pro only. Although I am retired now I was a programmer and Systems administrator with my own consulting company. I set up and maintained sites with 100s of pcs and a half a doz. servers.

6 minutes ago, paulkami said:

After your original response I'm saying its only windows updates. I have said from the beginning that it is advanced system care pro only. Although I am retired now I was a programmer and Systems administrator with my own consulting company. I set up and maintained sites with 100s of pcs and a half a doz. servers.

Is there anything else you need to clarify the problem?

No. You did not ever say it was Advanced Systemcare only.

In fact it has been very difficult to get you to supply specific information,

You have either a windows or an anti-virus/antimalware problem.

You are now telling me that you are an experienced pc user, yet you did not know how to navigate Norton.

At this stage I honestly do not think I can help you any further. This is not an ASC issue. It is something on your

pc conflicting with ASC.

You are very very sarcastic. It's not very professional. I seriously looked into the situation. I think I have a solution on my 3 pcs that have advanced system care pro.

First the problem is not associated with windows 10 updates. Second it is not associated with norton 360. The problem is connected to the ASC license not appearing in the registry. What I never did was to check or export the license key after entering it on a new install of asc pro. I have done this on the 3 systems and no problems so far.