IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Strange behavior

garybear

I recently recommended asc3 to a friend. He said it messed up his internet explorer . Since I use Mozilla all the time,but still have internet explorer, I thought I would try to use IE. Well guess what, I got a white page, and it wouldn't let me loose. I had to use task manager to get loose. For give my terms, not pc literate . I finally got it to open, and found this piece of info on the web that worked to solve this problem. Very simple. Open tools, open internet options. click advanced ,and then reset at the bottom, where it says only use reset if browser is unstable. I'm not good at explaining these things. This worked like a charm. I don't know what caused internet explorer to go crazy on my pc or my friends ,but this works.Internet explorer is back and faster than Mozilla. The only thing I know , is I never saw this problem before asc3, and neither had my friend. Live well my friend[garybear]PS Would like to hear if any one else had this happen to them. Thanks.

Hi Krissy

Thanks for your post. Krissy . I don't think asc3 caused this. Probably some thing internet explorer is doing, with all their up dates. They are causing lots of problems, and losing people to Mozilla, like my self . I had always used IE before I joined this forum, but they(IE) won't win me back. IE up dated me to IE8 because I have automatic up date on and now I'm stuck with it . I 'm turning automatic up date off. I only use IE to trouble shoot things for my friends that are to stubborn to switch to Mozilla . IE makes me mad because asc3 is getting blamed for their screw ups. I hope Bill Gates goes broke(lol). Live well my new friend krissy[garybear}PS You are doing a good job, thank you.

Hi gary

I just thought of the setting in ASC that says that it won't delete temporary files less than one week old.

If you seldom use IE then all the temporary files from IE might have been deleted unless they were placed in the ignore list.

Just a thought

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I just want to commend you for solving the problem by seeking information on the internet! Intelligent approach!!

Thanks for your post. Krissy . I don't think asc3 caused this. Probably some thing internet explorer is doing, with all their up dates. They are causing lots of problems, and losing people to Mozilla, like my self . I had always used IE before I joined this forum, but they(IE) won't win me back. IE up dated me to IE8 because I have automatic up date on and now I'm stuck with it . I 'm turning automatic up date off. I only use IE to trouble shoot things for my friends that are to stubborn to switch to Mozilla . IE makes me mad because asc3 is getting blamed for their screw ups. I hope Bill Gates goes broke(lol). Live well my new friend krissy[garybear}PS You are doing a good job, thank you.

Thanks solbjerg for your post, but my friend uses IE every day, and I delete temps after leaving web. I think its a Bill Gates problem. but its easy to fix(lol) Great thread about the use of IObit . Nice going, and thanks for your hard work. I use the web to fix a lot of my problems. There are a lot of smart people on the net, and a lot of smart people on the forum. Live well my friend.[garybear]PS IE was locked up, and just sat there for a long time. After reset it started working like its supposed to, and is even faster to respond than it ever was, but I'm not going back to them,sticking with Mozilla, and asc3. My pc is running better than it has ever run, thanks to asc3 and all the great people on the forum.

Open tools, open internet options. click advanced ,and then reset at the bottom, where it says only use reset if browser is unstable.

Hi, gary,

Thanks for the tip, it worked for me too. Mainly because I had IE cluttered up with addons, BHOs and tons of junk. I had switched from IE to FF for reading MHTML files because it was sooooooooooooo slow, but as you discovered, without all the baggage it's back to normal now. However, like you, I've grown to like FF very much now and will stick with it, but will change back to IE for reading my MHTML files.

One thing puzzles me, though, I have Automatic Updates, but my IE hasn't updated to IE8.

Hi Ted

IE8 is a user defined update you have to select I think, the ones installed automatically is mostly "important" files (security related mostly)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, gary,

Thanks for the tip, it worked for me too. Mainly because I had IE cluttered up with addons, BHOs and tons of junk. I had switched from IE to FF for reading MHTML files because it was sooooooooooooo slow, but as you discovered, without all the baggage it's back to normal now. However, like you, I've grown to like FF very much now and will stick with it, but will change back to IE for reading my MHTML files.

One thing puzzles me, though, I have Automatic Updates, but my IE hasn't updated to IE8.

Okay, thanks for that, solbjerg.

I've noticed that doing the Reset in IE7 has deleted my long list of Internet Restricted Sites, but hopefully FF will have that all sorted. If they're really needed, I do have a backup Image if I can access the Registry keys.

I probably down loaded IE8 by choice ,not by up date. Its probably ok, but I like FF much better. I'm still curios why IE8 was acting so strange. Not only was it slow, it was a real pain. It would not X out, would not access the internet. I got up and got a cup of coffee, and came back before it finally worked. It acted the same way on my friends pc, and he was mad because he had just used asc3, that I recommended, and blamed asc3. He uses IE all the time, and will be hard to convince that it wasn't asc3's fault. Oh well, we all know how pc's act, and no one knows for sure why they do strange things. They keep us entertained (lol). I guess Ted gained from my experience any way. Maybe some one else will also. Live well my friends.[garybear]PS Sorry you lost some files Ted, should have warned you about that. Maybe you could add that to this thread for me. I'm not very good at those things. Thanks. I hope the good out ways the bad for you Ted. I didn't have any addons in IE, or any thing else, just the basics. I hope you can get back the things you need Ted[gary]

Hi gary

We cannot rule out that ASC was responsible for some of it, but

I am more of the opinion the culprit is IE8 if the version is Release Candidate 1

This I downloaded myself a while back but had so many problems that I went back to the previous version immediately by way of Windows System restore. I'll wait for the final version and try that perhaps.

Cheers

solbjerg

I probably down loaded IE8 by choice ,not by up date. Its probably ok, but I like FF much better. I'm still curios why IE8 was acting so strange. Not only was it slow, it was a real pain. It would not X out, would not access the internet. I got up and got a cup of coffee, and came back before it finally worked. It acted the same way on my friends pc, and he was mad because he had just used asc3, that I recommended, and blamed asc3. He uses IE all the time, and will be hard to convince that it wasn't asc3's fault. Oh well, we all know how pc's act, and no one knows for sure why they do strange things. They keep us entertained (lol). I guess Ted gained from my experience any way. Maybe some one else will also. Live well my friends.[garybear]

Hi gary

We cannot rule out that ASC was responsible for some of it, but

I am more of the opinion the culprit is IE8 if the version is Release Candidate 1

This I downloaded myself a while back but had so many problems that I went back to the previous version immediately by way of Windows System restore. I'll wait for the final version and try that perhaps.

Cheers

solbjerg

I don't want to beat a dead horse into the ground, as I have done in the past. I'm not blaming any one about this, IE8 or asc3. I'm just stating what happened to me. By the way my friend that had the same problem is using IE7. My honest opinion is that IE in any version, sucks big time. I will now keep my big mouth shut. This thread was just a FYI, stating how I fixed my problem. I love asc3, and do not wish to start any trouble, or cause problems.Live well my good friend solbjerg.Thanks for your post's and all your help and your wisdom. Also for your hard work on how to use IObit products[garybear]PS friends for life.

Ok gary! Thanks!

I'll stop horsing around flogging dead horses :-)

Live well yourself!

Cheers

solbjerg

I don't want to beat a dead horse into the ground, as I have done in the past. I'm not blaming any one about this, IE8 or asc3. I'm just stating what happened to me. By the way my friend that had the same problem is using IE7. My honest opinion is that IE in any version, sucks big time. I will now keep my big mouth shut. This thread was just a FYI, stating how I fixed my problem. I love asc3, and do not wish to start any trouble, or cause problems.Live well my good friend solbjerg.Thanks for your post's and all your help and your wisdom. Also for your hard work on how to use IObit products[garybear]PS friends for life.

Archived