IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

TR/Starter.awq.3 in Advanced System Care3 free edition

Avira antivirus found twice TR/Starter.aeq3, until I removed your product. I have this trojan in quarantine, and sad to say I will never use your product again. You update using Internet Explorer. I Foxfire. I.E. has a security patch problem in the past couple of months or so. I hope your company can fix this matter, because I like your product, except for the fact that you don't have listed the sypware, adware, etc. that your product covers!

http://www.klingdesigns.com/oscommerce/images/custom_party_name.jpg

Now that I have your attention... lol

IObit has downloaded over 30 Million copies of Advanced SystemCare, yes, over thirty million!

There is not a chance in this world that IObit would ruin their reputation by placing malware inside this great product.

Connie, Have you ever heard of people going into surgery to have a limb removed. Then come to find the wrong limb was cut off.

There are many occasions were doctors improperly diagnose a problem.

A doctor has the opportunity to visit the patient and ask questions.... and still make mistakes.

How about an electronic doctor that asks no questions and uses the same diagnostic approach on every possible problem...

Hmm, maybe the anti virus is wrong... just maybe???

Connie there are many people like yourself that put their full trust, and I mean full trust, in the anti virus detectors.

They have made false positives so many times they should be out of business.

.... or at least sued every time they have ruined the reputation of good programmers.

Anti Virus companies are not GOD'S

I know specifically, I am a programmer.

[end rant]

Valuater

8)

Hard to Believe

Hi connie-I,like many here on the forum run Avira.Mine is tweaked out as far as is possible within the utilities settings in terms of detection sensitivity.That said,two PC's here do not show any infections related to IObit utilities.Both PC's run ASC 3 and Smart Defrag.Additionally,I run at least nine more security apps.(in weekly shifts)and have NEVER had an IObit related detection.

Hello connie

You have had ASC installed at least since the 10. of January - have you downloaded recently? If so did you then install over the top?

Because to get a virus in the install file from IObit is very very very ----unlikely. You probably got it somewhere else and it placed itself in the ASC folder, - then again it might be a false positive.

Cheers

solbjerg

Avira antivirus found twice TR/Starter.aeq3, until I removed your product. I have this trojan in quarantine, and sad to say I will never use your product again. You update using Internet Explorer. I Foxfire. I.E. has a security patch problem in the past couple of months or so. I hope your company can fix this matter, because I like your product, except for the fact that you don't have listed the sypware, adware, etc. that your product covers!

TR/Starter

I think you guys are right, I've been giving it alot of thought. Avira gave me 2 warnings about locked pagefil and hiberfil, until I finally realized it was b.s. I think Avira has the problem, and now so do I, even if it was a false positive, because I tried to take 2 mmc.exe files out of quarantine, and it looked like I was able to, but later found that it looks like they are gone. Why I thought it was ASC was because after I uninstalled it I got no more trojan readings. I did go reinstall ASC about 2 hours ago. Got rid of Avira and went back to Malwarbytes. The locked files had nothing to do with ASC, it's just the way it is on my computer. Maybe Avira doesn't do too good running with other programs that also detect and remove spyware, adware, etc.?

The last straw with Avira was when I did another scan, and my computer started slowing down to almost a hault, and had some other problems too at the same time, so I uninstalled and restored my system. Works much better now! But there still is some menu problem, that I will have to live with.

I'm sorry for blaming ASC for it all! I really do like how it works. I did download ASC from FileHippo the time before, but today I went back to majorgeeks.com to download ASC. I like your smart defrag. too. Again, sorry about the mix up.

Oh...one more thing, Malwarebytes detected nothing.:roll::roll:

Archived