IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Accelerator Plus

detailer

Just got this new feature in today's update.Have I missed something?-checked the news.Opening it from the GUI sends you to the author's site for a download.If loaded and installed,is it then available through ASC's GUI,or does it run automatically?Does it work with FF? Holding off on the DL til I get more info.

DAP also offers a free extra called speedbit to speed up download of video clips a good bit of gear but do not install if running IE8 it seems to slow down the opening of new tabs by about 10-12 seconds.

running A2 Squared will clear any ad wear from DAP which you get in the free version.

had to reinstall dap after install of IE8, also deselect download manager in IE7pro if you run that program.

Never had a problem with DAP(used it for a few months)

its not bloated as long as you look over the install options and is much faster than what phenom has named(sorry phenom, tried em all)

it runs and starts up automatically and works with FF, chrome, and a few other browsers. i definitely recommend it. for a download that normally takes an hour i downloaded it in 15 minutes :)

Never had a problem with DAP(used it for a few months)

its not bloated as long as you look over the install options and is much faster than what phenom has named(sorry phenom, tried em all)

it runs and starts up automatically and works with FF, chrome, and a few other browsers. i definitely recommend it. for a download that normally takes an hour i downloaded it in 15 minutes :)

Hmm I think I'm going to have try DAP again a one hour download that only takes 15 minutes I think I'm going to have download DAP again.

Hi all :smile:

I am new to computers, just got my first one, an Acer Aspire One 8.9" Windows XP 'Netbook'

I have been trying ASC Free since I read great reviews about it and as far as I can tell it works great but of course I don't really know what 'great' is :wink:

I was also looking at various download accelerators and one I installed was Download Accelerator Plus, not through ASC but as a separate download, but I found it was much more than I needed and so I uninstalled it. I used Revo Uninstaller to uninstall DAP

I have settled on the FireFox extension DownThemAll, for now at least.

My situation and question is:

When I check for updates in ASC it always has a file there that says

Download Accelerator Plus 31.50 KB

Why am I being offered this update when I have uninstalled DAP ?

Is there a way to stop ASC from offering to install this update ?

Do I need to go into somewhere and delete something ?

Thanks in advance for your help :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi wozofoz,

The best way to avoid this is to go ahead and let it download. It is only an icon that will show up in tools that is a link to take you where you can download DAP if you wish. The icon will show up in utilities, but just leave it and it won't "nag" anymore.

samr.

Dap

Samr-I don't think it has to be downloaded-just a visit to the link(via the icon on the GUI) has done the trick here-I haven't downloaded it,and there's been no nagging(at least from ASC)Note-the connection to the site was very slow when I clicked on the DAP icon from the ASC GUI the first time.

Thank you for the quick (instantaneous) reply :-)

I think I understand now, the download would have been there anyway and it was just a coincidence that I had previously tried DAP.

I will follow your advice and just let it happen 8-)

EDIT:

Wow, everyone's so quick here.

Thanks, I will try that as well :-)

All the best, woz of oz

Archived