IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Misleading:Win32/Lodi / IN ITOP VPN.EXE

iobit I can happily an confidently  say i been using your service since the  spring of 2006 and i am still with you . I hope you can consider me a friend.. i think i may have a copy of the first advance system care on one of my old hard drives some where's. just to get this to you . tried shutting my computer off . closing capt making me verify pictures you would let me write you you kapt blocking me . . I started this at 7:30 .now it's 10:00 o-colck just to write this and send these two pictures. crashing my computer shutting it down  30 plus times making me verify my self crashing my e-mail . now i'm dam pissed all this trying to help you had do some good for you. i'm supposed to be doing live broadcast . and now i'm in trouble THANKS    your's truly Mountainman

20220325_211545.jpg

20220325_211534.jpg

This is not an iTop forum, and Iobit will just tell you to contact iTop, because iTop are just a partner of Iobit.

I cannot see from your pictures, what virus program detected the issue. It may be a false positive.

Did you upload iTop.exe to Virustotal to check if it is a genuine risk.

If it turns out to be a false positive, then you could whitelist it in your anti-virus program.

If it is actually a genuine risk, then remove iTop from your pc. There are lots of other VPN's available.

• 1 month later...

I think you can be a bit more sympathetic to an inconvenienced customer with an obviously valid concern.  Your expertise in your partnerships do not confer transitively to your customers by whatever psi mechanism you believe to be at play, and like it or not, anyone "just" your partner reflects on its host still.  

https://malwaretips.com/threads/anyone-heard-of-this-itop-vpn-the-only-100-free-vpn-on-the-planet.105147/post-913866 detected a policy allowing iTop to log everything their customers are doing, e.g., their billing info when spied.  (iTop's stated policy has since been updated.)

Windows (10) Security bade farewell to iTop VPN this morning without so much as a confirmation prompt:

image.png.1d1923f060bede74bf011d62aa086e3a.png

10 minutes ago, gherson said:

I think you can be a bit more sympathetic to an inconvenienced customer with an obviously valid concern

I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of how little help it provides. But, maybe you have nothing better to

do, than critique others.

I am quite satisfied that I provided the only assistance available to me, as every other query regarding iTop has been dealt with, by Iobit

advising the User to contact iTop.....which you would have known, had you bothered to read the other related posts/topics.

• 7 months later...

The detected file "Misleading:Win32/Lodi" is not just found in iTOP product container files, but in other Iobit products as well.  My Microsoft Defender found it twice, ...in Iobit Uninstaller and Smart Defrag more than a month ago.  So this is not actually an iTop or partner issue here.  It is found in core Iobit products, and even though Mountainman may have had scanned and found it within iTOP, the "Misleading:Win32/Lodi" issue is also an issue within the scope of Iobit.

Interestingly enough though, Microsoft Defender seems to be the only scanner picking it up.  My Malwarebytes isn't detecting it.  Neither does AVTotal.  It doesn't excuse Iobit from their overt use of executable adware files, but considering the court case with Malwarebytes years ago, and the hostility Microsoft has with Iobit products, could be there is something else going on at play here, just saying.  I've read articles on their own blogs where Microsoft absolutely "bashes" Iobit and warns people to remove all their products.  Funny that statement is coming from one of the "big three" that has probably collected more information on people than all the other small companies combined.  It's like "big brother" scolding a child for playing with firecrackers....lol.  It is what it is.