IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

A problem with GB

• 9 months later...

GameBooster shuts down my computer

Yes, almost the same thing happens to me, except that mine doesn't restart, it just shuts down, but not right away, it does it after a little while. Using Game Booster does improve my game a whole lot so I hope I could get help with this and my problem gets solved.

-I'm using a laptop

-running MS Windows XP Home v2002 SP3

-the game I use Game Booster for is World of Warcraft

-I'm using Game Booster v1.3

-My computer's processor is Intel Pentium 4

-I got 704 MBs of RAM

-Hard disk is 55.8 GBs

-CPU 2.80 GHz

-Graphics ATI mobility Radeon 7000 IGP

Hopefully this info helps. I think the problem might be the shutting down of an "Unecessary service" or of a "background program", causing the issue, but I just don't know which one is it. Or if it's not that, please let me know what it is, thanks.

Update: I didn't specify how Game Booster shuts down my computer, it doesn't do it by going to the process of loggin off first and then the blue screen that says Windows is shutting down, no, it just shuts like if I would have unplugged it and there was no battery in it, it shuts instantly. Hopefully this helps to make easier to tell what the problem might be. Thanks.

Hi Josuesote

Instead of one by one, I suggest 12 at a time, - then you will only have to find it among the 12 and those can again be divided into blocks of 6 or 3. Fastest way to find the culprit(s) in my opinion.

or ½ of them every time, less than 10 tests.

Cheers

solbjerg

Again, the reason I posted was so I wouln't have to do that. But if I don't get other answers that may solve my problem then I guess I'll just do that. Thanks.

I think I might have found the problem. I think World of Warcraft is just too much for my not that powerful computer and it overheats it and that's why it shuts down even when using Game Booster. I know it's not Game Booster itself because the other day I played WoW without using Game Booster and it still shutted down, and other day I played WoW using Game Booster and it didn't shut down. Sometimes it shuts down and sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it does it almost imediatelly and sometimes it takes a while hehe. Thanks to all.

Archived