IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Internet Explorer Ver8 and ASC-Pro3 Crashes URL Site

comish

Hello

I have a paid copy of the Advanced System Care Pro 3 installed on my

computer system. I use MS Vista Ultimate as operating system.

I have a very unusual problem!

The problem only appears as follows.....>

When I use Windows Internet Explorer 8 and log onto a particular site....>

(http://www.windowsvistamagazine.com )....>

the Browser crashes and tries to restart the "TAB" and then crashes again.

I can not log on to that particular site if I have AVS Pro3 running on my system.

I encounter no problem login onto other popular sites. Also if I use Explorer 7 or FireFox 3.09 everything then works OK. and I can properly log onto(http://www.windowsvistamagazine.com ) without a problem.

I troubleshot this error by reinstalling my operating system and then adding a program at a time ( everytime checking to see if the problem would reoccur )

When I installed ASC Pro3 and it did its automatic cleaning....bingo the program erased or changed a setting that caused me the problem.

Uninstalling ASC Pro3 does not fix the problem. Luckely I was able to restore to an earlier install, and all worked as it should.

I have been very happy with ASC Pro3 and this problem seems to be somewhat isolated to how Explorer 8 works.

Note that Explore 8 does this also when I disable addons etc.

Any response would be appreciated.

Comish

Hi comish

I will just answer the post you have written last :-)

The problem probably arises because the setting you need is cleaned away by System Optimize. You have to locate it there under "problems" and place it in the Ignore List before clicking repair.

(don't use the Care button just yet - neither should you use the automatic cleaning before all is configured to your satisfaction)

Please read this thread: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1979

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello

I have a paid copy of the Advanced System Care Pro 3 installed on my

computer system. I use MS Vista Ultimate as operating system.

I have a very unusual problem!

The problem only appears as follows.....>

When I use Windows Internet Explorer 8 and log onto a particular site....>

(www.windowsvistamagazine.com )....>

the Browser crashes and tries to restart the "TAB" and then crashes again.

I can not log on to that particular site if I have AVS Pro3 running on my system.

I encounter no problem login onto other popular sites. Also if I use Explorer 7 or FireFox 3.09 everything then works OK. and I can properly log onto(www.windowsvistamagazine.com ) without a problem.

I troubleshot this error by reinstalling my operating system and then adding a program at a time ( everytime checking to see if the problem would reoccur )

When I installed ASC Pro3 and it did its automatic cleaning....bingo the program erased or changed a setting that caused me the problem.

Uninstalling ASC Pro3 does not fix the problem. Luckely I was able to restore to an earlier install, and all worked as it should.

I have been very happy with ASC Pro3 and this problem seems to be somewhat isolated to how Explorer 8 works.

Note that Explore 8 does this also when I disable addons etc.

Any response would be appreciated.

Comish

Hi guys,

Interesting subject, because I had exactly the same crash from the same url www.windowsvistamagazine.com .

Well, Website Defense section in Security Defence has an incompatability isue with IE8.

If you click on No problems for Security Defense, "Details: Security Defence" window will open. Click on the Website Defense, "Protection Unavailable" window will be opened, and "Website Defense is not available for Internet Explorer 8.0, please Unimmunize all the items." sentence will appear.

After clicking "OK" button, click "Deselect All" button, click "Apply" button, and "OK" button.

All 1567 items will be unimmunized.

Rescan will not find any problems, and then above websitewww.windowsvistamagazine.com opens without a crash.

How about that???

Cheers.

NOTE:

ATTENTION The above procedure is going to unimmunize 4826 restricted websites in SpywareBlaster and 10548 Domains in SS&D.

Do not forget to immunize them in those programs, after unimmunizing Website Defense in ASC.

Hello

Thank you for responding,:smile:

However your instructions have details to follow that do not seem to be available on my most recent ASC Pro 3 install.

This was not much of a problem as I got the general drift of what you suggested I should do to fix the problem.

You are right in that I can unimmunize the Website Defence entries.>>>>>

However, when I restart the program and do a scan, the unimmunized entries are again activated and the journey continues.

The only way that I can see it working is to ensure that the program is set to manual only. Disable all auto functions and uncheck Security Defense when I run a test. That really is not much of a fix. :-(

So, the software developer should get at it and make this excellent utility functional. Right?:!:

I really do appreciate the response.

Comish:smile:

Hi comish

Perhaps if you refresh your auto-settings after you have configured it manually? Sometimes refreshing a setting helps.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello

Thank you for responding,:smile:

However your instructions have details to follow that do not seem to be available on my most recent ASC Pro 3 install.

This was not much of a problem as I got the general drift of what you suggested I should do to fix the problem.

You are right in that I can unimmunize the Website Defence entries.>>>>>

However, when I restart the program and do a scan, the unimmunized entries are again activated and the journey continues.

The only way that I can see it working is to ensure that the program is set to manual only. Disable all auto functions and uncheck Security Defense when I run a test. That really is not much of a fix. :-(

So, the software developer should get at it and make this excellent utility functional. Right?:!:

I really do appreciate the response.

Comish:smile:

I found out AFTER I upgraded to IE8 that half of the programs on my ASC are not compatible, so they just don't work. I have asked around & have been told that I can't go back to IE7; that I just have to wait until ASC makes the apps that aren't compatible with IE8 compatible. I wish ASC had posted a warning about this before I upgraded as I used Game Booster for my Gaming needs but since that app doesn't work with IE8 I can't use it anymore. GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR VERY FRUSTRATED because I have PRAISED ASC since I got it! I have NEVER met such a useful app bewfore in my life. It saved me the money of having to pay for a new computer.

Archived