IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Norton 360 reported PUA.Superfluss in IOBit Uninstaller 11.5

Itc6234

Norton suddenly reported today that IOBit Uninstaller (version 11.5 this time) has some kind of malware, called PUA.Superfluss

It specifically mentioned the IOBit files UninstallMonitor.exe and IObitUninstaler.exe

I've owned both Norton and IOBit Uninstaller for years,

Norton gave me the option to exclude IOBit Uninstaller from future scans. But before I do that, I would like to understand why Norton is reporting this.

PUA-Warning.JPG.a12c4d6815cc101653e6035698e269bb.JPGPUA-Details.JPG.98a2464d6361b2fc88924c4b327814e9.JPG

I have the same issue with Norton identifying PUA.Superfluss installed with Iobit software. Norton reports two infected files: SmartDefrag.exe, and UninstallMonitor.exe. What gives?

I too experienced this, on three PCs. I reinstalled IObit Uninstaller version 11.5.0.4 on each of these PCs and thus far Norton has not objected. I'll post here again if Norton does detect a threat.

Yes, my computer is doing the same. It would be great to have an answer to this. It has happened twice and picked up by Norton. The file is identified as iobituninstaller.exe in the download file. 

• 9 months later...

@drvennes and other users.

DITTO!!!   Every so often after an update Norton 360 identifies PUA Superfluss in downloaded IObit update files- IObit Uninstaller - IObit Driver Booster + any iTop utility.

I have today spent the last 2hrs 30mins sorting this out.  I am seriously considering getting rid of Norton which for the most part seems to function without issue.  That said I wonder if the issue is Norton or the inclusion of iTop utilities in the downloads that is causing this problem?