IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

More users on one computers, some can't use ASC.

Douwe de Jong

Hello,

I use AWC/ASC free now for some years and it functions good for me, I advised some friends to use it also on there family computer and then there is a problem.

Those users that have administrator accounts can use ASC without any problem, but the ones that have less rights cannot run ASC.

This would not be a problem if running ASC form one of the admin accounts would clean-up all the register content, privacy sensitive files and junk files.

for all users bud this is not the case.

So there is still junk... there are still register problems for some users... and for these users there privacy is not as they like it, and for these users the computer gets slower and slower while for admins the system runs good.

Is there a way to overcome this problem... I did not find something like "install ASC for all users".... all user see ASC on there desktop bud non admins can not use it. We found this problems in WIN 2000pro and XPsp... for Vista I don't know bud I respect it to be there as well.

Does someone have an advice, other then that an admin temporary takes over the account of these users?

Douwe

Hi Douwe de jong,

Try to use the "Run as..." on the right click menu of AWC.exe.

When the "Run As" window opens, choose "The following user:" radio button, choose Administrator or a name with Administrator rights from drop down menu of "User name:", and enter the corresponding "Password:" for that User, click OK.

I believe this is dfferent than "admin temporary takes over the account of these users" approach as you mention.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

thanks!!

Hi enoskype,

Thanks for your advise, it's the solution!

I would never have found it... why? on my PC I still run Win 2000 pro and this OS doesn't offer this option.

On a machine using XP I found it add once and it works.

The people using more accounts on there computer were very happy with this!

Regards,

Douwe

In my opinion this item can be closed.

• 4 weeks later...

I also had this question and after using search function came across this thread. Is it possible to disable the window that pops up everytime my non-admin account opens up which reminds me that ASC doesn't work in this account. Everytime I have to click the bugger to get rid of it.

I would like to use ASC in non-admin account, I understand from Detailer that is not possible. OK then but why the annoying window to be clicked on everytime?

I'm sure many people not just me run their PC in non-admin mode.

XP pro, sp3, 1gig ram, Online Armor, Avira Antivir, Malwarebytes, Sandboxie.

Many thanks in advance, Grest.

Hi Grest

Why would you disable it?

It just kindly reminds you that you once again have tried to run the application from a user account, - even though you know you can't, - but the machine doesn't know that you know! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I also had this question and after using search function came across this thread. Is it possible to disable the window that pops up everytime my non-admin account opens up which reminds me that ASC doesn't work in this account. Everytime I have to click the bugger to get rid of it.

I would like to use ASC in non-admin account, I understand from Detailer that is not possible. OK then but why the annoying window to be clicked on everytime?

I'm sure many people not just me run their PC in non-admin mode.

XP pro, sp3, 1gig ram, Online Armor, Avira Antivir, Malwarebytes, Sandboxie.

Many thanks in advance, Grest.

Hi Douwe De Jong,

I have one pc running Win 2000. I think there are some tools in ASC that limited Users shouldn't have access to. Try using ASC to take care of System & Admin accounts and use the Registry cleaner in Ccleaner to clean up registry problems for the limited user accounts. Works great!

http://www.ccleaner.com/

samr.

Archived