IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Annoying pop-ups

NPhillips

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/3/2023 at 10:45 AM, Cicely said:

Hi NPhillips,

Sorry to hear that.

I will report your feedback to our team and our partner iTop for consideration.

We will keep on improving.

Yes Itop POP-UP AD is most annoying I've been looking for a while how to force stop it ( i du not want to install itop ) ...

Edited by Hypnotic

• 4 weeks later...

I bought the Advance System Care Pro years ago, and I keep renewing the license because I think it is a very good program. But your advert pop-ups are getting more and more aggressive over the years. I am annoyed, like other people on that chat. I paid, so I will not have to see the ads. If it does not stop, then I will stop my subscription.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jim Dovey said:

I bought the Advance System Care Pro years ago, and I keep renewing the license because I think it is a very good program. But your advert pop-ups are getting more and more aggressive over the years. I am annoyed, like other people on that chat. I paid, so I will not have to see the ads. If it does not stop, then I will stop my subscription.

Looking through the forum, there are a lot of posts from months ago complaining about this. You get the same answer "I will report your feedback to our team and our partner iTop for consideration". Seems like Advance System Care Pro really doesn't care. I got a refund and uninstalled.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, lucytaylor01 said:

Not all pop ups are bad, some pop ups are useful too like for discount & offers. Well I was also frustrated with pop up ads so i blocked in windows 10. You can use any good antivirus who offers to block pop up.

Yes, you can block pop ups on a webpage. Don't think that is possible to block pop ups on an app.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Users and customers have been complaining about the ads for years. Always the same canned response:

"Sorry to hear that.

I have reported your feedback to our product team. We will keep on improving."

But, if anything, the problem only gets worse. You can't close the pop-ups directly and have to shut down the offending executable. You must be making a significant portion of your revenue with this tactic, although I can't imagine how, to keep using it even though it drives so many users / customers away,.

By now you could easily have added a setting to allow customers to op-out of the ads OR at least post instructions on how to close them. Either of these would take minimal time and resources,

Edited by rblinzler

• 1 month later...

@Cicely please understand that I created this forum account purely to let iObit know that I am about to promote myself to someone else's customer after many years of using your services. I do not appreciate ANY popup marketing while I am using a paid license, more so the brand new VPN add in the stand-alone performance monitor.

As a long-time customer, I offered you the courtesy and created a forum account to give you this one-time notice, you have 165 days until my license expires. The company needs to learn its place in customer's life, if it wants to survive and become more relevant on the market.

Best of luck, I would appreciate an update here or via email on this matter.

Hello CaptainBreakfast,

Sorry for my late reply.

I will report your feedback to our team for consideration.

By the way, you can always refuse to install anything unwanted. 

• 3 weeks later...

J'ai le même énervement d'avoir sans arrêt des popup de IObit qui viennent sans demander quoique ce soit, et si je tape un texte sans regarder l'écran, je tape dans le vide.

Je possède certains software pro, que j'apprécie, mais certains libres car j'utilise peu ces fonctions.

Comment supprimer définitivement ces popups? S'il y a une mise à jour à faire, Software updater ou Glarys me le dira. Pas besoin de popups envahissants et inutiles, d'autant plus que s'il vous annonce une nouvelle version, en cliquant dessus, il y a le message vous avez déjà la dernière version.

La formule de Cicélie: vous pouvez toujours refuser d'installer quoi que ce soit dont vous ne souhaitez pas ne dit pas comment supprimer les popups de softwares que nous utilisons.

here is a translated version of Robert1953's post. i just right clicked the post and translated it. so easy to do even a 10yo can right click / translate the non English posts

I have the same annoyance of constantly having popups from IObit that come without asking anything, and if I type a text without looking at the screen, I type into the void.

I have some pro software, which I like, but some free because I don't use these functions much.

How to remove these popups permanently? If there is an update to be made, Software updater or Glarys will tell me. No need for intrusive and unnecessary popups, especially since if it announces a new version, by clicking on it, there is the message you already have the latest version.

Cicelia's formula: you can always refuse to install anything you don't want doesn't tell you how to remove the software popups we use.