IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Disk Cleaner

samr

I have a project trying to clean out the most infected PC I have ever seen. I have been using a few different programs to do this (Security 360 has been very helpful). I have cleaned out some pretty amazing malware.

I have it booting up and running now, but still slow because of a large amount of temp files that have been left behind. According to the Disk Cleaner function in ASC there are over 67,000 of them! My problem is that there are so many of them that Disk Cleaner locks up when I click "Show Details". I have also tied Revo Uninstaller's Junk Files cleaner and it locks up.I am trying to find some other option of seeing what all files there are and deleting them as I choose instead of all at once.

Anyone have suggestions? Re-install of Windows is not an option-they lost the disc.

Thanks, samr.

Hi samr

How about trying to use the command prompt for generating a list?

I would think that the easiest way would be to go to

inetcpl.cpl Opens Internet Settings (in control panel) and under Browser data let it delete it in default setting. (the default setting will keep your favorites)

While you are there make the setting that it only saves the recommended MB (50-250)

Cheers

solbjerg

I have a project trying to clean out the most infected PC I have ever seen. I have been using a few different programs to do this (Security 360 has been very helpful). I have cleaned out some pretty amazing malware.

I have it booting up and running now, but still slow because of a large amount of temp files that have been left behind. According to the Disk Cleaner function in ASC there are over 67,000 of them! My problem is that there are so many of them that Disk Cleaner locks up when I click "Show Details". I have also tied Revo Uninstaller's Junk Files cleaner and it locks up.I am trying to find some other option of seeing what all files there are and deleting them as I choose instead of all at once.

Anyone have suggestions? Re-install of Windows is not an option-they lost the disc.

Thanks, samr.

Think you can go in and start chopping away at them manually until the list becomes short enough for DC utility? Also,when DC locks up,is there anything in the recycle bin? Also check and set recycle bin to max size.You must have tried CCleaner,right? How about Windows DC utility? Samr,I think you've nothing to lose with just skipping the "show details"'and go straight to deletion if recycle bin will hold it-if not,delete permanently.The owner may have to sacrifice some whole document files-nasty business.

Hi Detailer,

:mrgreen: I decided it wasn't worth chipping away at it, so that is exactly what I did- gone bye-bye in one shot! So far everything seems to be fine. I am making headway, but not quite up to par yet.

samr.

Been There

I know the feeling-bought a used box for my daughter-removed over 5700 infections and over fifty programs we didn't need-took almost a week,but it runs great. Late thought-that box wouldn't have the recover console built in(F10) would it?

Hi

Possible you need administrative rights so log on at that way.

For cleaning Try ID Harddisk Cleaner

idsecuritysuite full stop com/products/id-harddisk-cleaner.htm

secureclean

whitecanyon full stop com/secureclean-clean-hard-drive.php

Otherwise use superantispyware and malwarebites antimalware. Both free versions can solve some infected files.

If you want you can use Hijackthis and search for infected files.

try THE ULTIMATE TROUBLESHOOTER

answersthatwork full stop com/TUT_pages/TUT_information.htm

Archived