IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Not Quite Sure About My Settings

I just ran analyze and the report told me to fast optimize which I did. Because I was running the fast optimize I didn't think I should be running the auto-defrag at the same time, so I paused the F/O and un-checked the auto-defrag. When the fast optimize was finished I noticed that the auto defrag had turned itself back on. If I'm using the fast optimize option am I supposed to be running the auto defrag too? It seems like a waste of resources to be running both. I have it set to run every 2 weeks on a Sunday night, but I see that the auto defrag is still running. Is it one or the other or both? This utility cleaned up the disk really nice compared to when I tried the Windows utility it said that my disk didn't even need to be de-fragged. One more thing. What's the difference between fast optimize and de-frag only?

Hi julio

Try reading this post

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=14763&postcount=2

and I recommend reading enoskypes thread "Thinking about defragmentation"

Cheers

solbjerg

I just ran analyze and the report told me to fast optimize which I did. Because I was running the fast optimize I didn't think I should be running the auto-defrag at the same time, so I paused the F/O and un-checked the auto-defrag. When the fast optimize was finished I noticed that the auto defrag had turned itself back on. If I'm using the fast optimize option am I supposed to be running the auto defrag too? It seems like a waste of resources to be running both. I have it set to run every 2 weeks on a Sunday night, but I see that the auto defrag is still running. Is it one or the other or both? This utility cleaned up the disk really nice compared to when I tried the Windows utility it said that my disk didn't even need to be de-fragged. One more thing. What's the difference between fast optimize and de-frag only?

julio99

Turn that auto-junk off and set up to defrag every two weeks or so if that's what's required for your rig.If you have a "busy" couple of days,run the defrag(fast or deep optimize) at the end of the day utilizing the auto shut down feature.

That is what I wanted to know. Thank you very much. One mor thing. Is there much of a difference between fast optimize and defrag only. The job report I got after analyze reccomended that I fast optimize so that is what I did. Same with the schedule. Fast optimize every 2 weeks. Just curious as to the difference between those 2 jobs.

Archived