IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Extracting only the files to launch Performance Monitor from Advanced SystemCare

The video at https: //youtu.be/nbyyIacO17o [url written in a way to prevent it being auto-opened] shows an almost illegible list of files that are claimed to suffice to launch only the Performance Monitor. It is now 4 years old and I think no longer up to date, and I could not find any files starting with 'G' - the third one down. Can anyone provide a current and legible list of files that will launch only the Monitor, but avoid the other files ?

This has been dealt with many times in the Forum. If you had searched you would have saved yourself a lot of

hassle.

Go to General Settings in Advanced Systemcare and select : Enable Performance Monitor and Load it at start-up.

It is already selected. The URL I quoted claimed to list the minimum files required for just the monitor and NOTHING ELSE of ASC. THAT is my aim, but I can't read the names of the files in that video, and in any case it seems to be out of date - so my inquiry stands  What are the minimum files for the monitor to work  - but ONLY those ?

Thank you for that advice, but it does not answer my question - "Which are the minimum files to launch the Performance Monitor ?". Scanners keep highlighting Advanced SystemCare as undesirable; I KNOW that the Monitor is desirable, so I want to KEEP that, but am happy to dispense with the files I do not use.

When I ran the monitor.exe ONLY, it helpfully told me that if could not launch for lack off (one at a time, iteratively), CPUlDlnterrface.dll, HardwareLib.dll, rtl120.bpl, and vcl120.bpl. With those files excepted from the 'quarantine' the monitor does launch, but without a 'skin'. I'd like help to identify what file puts the 'user interface' around the statistics of the monitor.  Progress, but not success yet.

You have really made this unnecessarily difficult for yourself.

As you can see now, whatever you do you will have to make exceptions for some files to prevent quarantining.

If you had followed my initial advice to...Enable Performance Monitor and Load it at start-up

and then just make the entire ASC program an exception, then everything would have worked as you wanted.

The files you now require are the three files in the Skin folder of the ASC program in..C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare\Skins

In fact, all this is shown in the comments below the youtube video you referenced.....the 13th comment down by ClintonGallagher.

I have tested his instructions and they work fine.

However, even when you have done all this, it will still not launch automatically at windows startup unless you create a startup item.

I again suggest following my initial suggestion instead.

'you will have to make exceptions for some files to prevent quarantining.'' THAT is what I have been after from the start - apparently I did not make that clear enough.

'unless you create a startup item' NO PROBLEM AT ALL - I have already done that. I will now test the 'skins' files. Thank you for telling me which.

Sad to report that the intuitive 'exempting from quarantining' of \skin\ does NOT restore the GUI (if that is the correct term for it). The 'statistics' of the Monitor have NOT improved their appearance. Still looking for the right MINIMUM combination of files to run the Performance Monitor as it does with ALL Advanced SystemCare files exempted.

"my initial advice to...Enable Performance Monitor and Load it at start-up and then just make the entire ASC program an exception" As my question was apparently not clear to you, so your advice was not clear to me; hence I 'did not follow it'. Having now got close to the result I'm after, I'd like to pursue that same line - just need the finishing touches.

Your question was perfectly clear to me.

I just could not see why you were going such a difficult route. That is why I made my initial suggestion.

In fact I have been running the Performance Monitor as a standalone for many years, as I only run ASC manually once

a week to do some cleaning.

I did not need to make the entire ASC files an exception. I simply selected the...Enable Performance Monitor and Load it at start-up...option only.

Then I manually ran the Monitor.exe. My antimalware and windows security blocked/quarantine some files, so I just made them exceptions/allowed

and everything ran as desired and has been for years.

In order to assist you I, I followed the instructions of ClintonGallagher in the comments section of the video you referenced, and it worked perfectly.

Also, there is no need to keep rebooting as Monitor.exe appears in task manager and can be ended there.

Also, just clicking Exit on the Performance Monitor (gui) itself will also end it.

I did not manage to get the GUI - that is my remaining issue - I have the text (statistics) that it shows, but not the GUI; and \Skin\ does not provide the GUI. I would not normally expect to have to close the Monitor, but for the sake of testing the effect of the SKIN files, I thought that would be faster than rebooting. But there was NO mention of Monitor in Task Manager. I'm prepare to believe that it is there if the GUII shows, but it is NOT when the GUI is still missing.

You have twice mentioned the list in the video whose URL I provided. I can not read it, so it MIGHT be a great help to me if you reproduced it here for me.

40 minutes ago, Sebastian42 said:

You have twice mentioned the list in the video whose URL I provided. I can not read it, so it MIGHT be a great help to me if you reproduced it here for me.

Please explain what you mean by you cannot read it. Is the text too small???