IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Freeview TV

Ted

I bought a new unopened USB TV Free To Air programme named: ArcSoft Total Media 3.5 from a guy on Trade Me yesterday who is selling these kits like hot cakes at the moment. It's just a USB Dongle with driver and an associated editing programme.

I've installed and re-installed the ArcSoft Total Media 3.5 programme and driver a couple of times and each time when setting up the channel search, Arc-Soft recognises the USB DVB-T TV Tuner device, but Windows says it is "Not available or being used by another programme". ( See shot Device_1 ) Device Manager says it is enabled and working correctly.

I do have MSI TV@AnywherePlus installed and Arc-Soft recognises and uses its device which I think is the Philips 713X device shown in the Shot Device_1, but it is only Analogue.

I disabled the MSI 8624 Video Capture Device in Device Manager ( See shot ) and renamed the TV@AnywherePlus .exe file to avoid conflicts, but I still get the same Error message from Windows. (See shot Device_2 ), but this time it doesn't display the USB DVB-T TV Tuner device.

I don't want to uninstall TV@AnywherePlus as it's a big job setting up all the channels, but renaming it's .exe file and disabling its driver should be enough, shouldn't it?

I've also unplugged my USB camera.

What is my next move?

BTW. The two lights on the USB Dongle don't light up, should they?

hello ted,

My dad had a similar issue a while ago with this software and a tv dongle.

I spent days trawling forums trying to to find a fix and eventually installing powercinema worked for some reason, maybe codecs or something not to sure but it did the trick. :shock:

I got the links to where i found a few solutions, they may work for you, they may not.

Fix 1

Fix 2

Fix 3

You probably have already tried it, but putting the dongle in a USB 2.0 port at the back of your computer may work.

Thats all i can think of for now.

wrexe

Hi, wrexe,

Yes I have tried all those fixes without success, but thank you very much for your input, anyway. Perhaps I could try installing powercinema, although one of the forum posters had mixed results with it.

detailer, HuLu Hulu Hulu and Yoohoo to you too.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I only use the 256/128 Broadband and I think Hulu would need something faster?

I'll persevere with this problem. Actually it promises to be quite a neat programme ( If I ever get it going!).

detailer,

Thanks for your interest, anyway. Funny thing: I decided to reinstall the driver for my desktop USB PC camera yesterday and found there were two Arc-Soft programmes on its Driver CD. A bit outdated now, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Me again.....

No luck with this problem, as yet. The ArcSoft Support Team are working on it, but no luck, so far. I've uninstalled my TV@Anywhere Plus programme, but that wasn't the culprit so I've reinstalled it. I feel it must be a device conflict, but with what? I see there's a Legacy Video Capture Device shown in Devices, but I can't see how to disable it, does anyone know how to do this?

Hi, sunny,

From what I've read online, several others have a similar problem to mine, but no fix has been successful, as yet. The programme works okay by accessing the analogue tuner in my TV@Anywhere Plus, but although it recognises my Digital Device I keep getting the "Device not Available or being used by another Programme" message whenever I try to action it.

Me again.....

I see there's a Legacy Video Capture Device shown in Devices, but I can't see how to disable it, does anyone know how to do this?

Hi Ted, can't you disable it in the Device Manager?

"Do not use the device (disable)" scroll down option under General tab for XP, and " Disable" button under Driver tab in Vista and Win7.

Cheers.

Hi, enoskype,

"Do not use the device (disable)"

No, that option is greyed out. Anyway, from what I've read the Legacy Video Capture Device is an integral component of Windows and even if it's deleted it will be automatically reinstalled.

Archived