IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

problems after run Iobit

pcuser777

Can someone help me please? I am having several problems with my pc after I installed and used the IOBIT Security software. I am not sure if that is what made this happened but my computer was working fine before I ran the program.

First of I can no longer drag and drop anything, not even links on my browser.

The taskbar and start menu hide when I start the computer, to get it back I have to click on properties>toolbars and enable the desktop. It then lets me drag the taskbar up and get it back to normal.

Search doesn't work anymore it won't open at all.

and lastly the windows don't minimize to the taskbar, they minimize ontop of the taskbar and when I open a window the other ones minimize.

I will really appreciate any help I can get. I am afraid Iobit deleted an important registry key or start up function, I am not an expert on computer functions so I really don't know what to do. I have searched for this problem and tried some of the suggestions and still no success :(.

I am using windows xp home edition.

ok lets stat at the beginning

and take it slow ,see if we cant work out what went wrong

what i would like you to do is Check the log files in the program Iobitt(logs)

if you " i hope" still have .now read what it has and has not removed..

i dont have any problem using it and use Xp.vista, win7 testing it now..

itsmejjj

Mmm now we are in a pickle .as i think the scanner may of taken files with it .

now here is a option try restore ,that i think will not work any how ,useless

thing to have.

1 have you back up any or Os system files?

of the xp in use

2 do you have it cloned? ,probably not

as we cannot determine what has been killed of, sorry i did not see this earlier..

3 ,now the pain..a) have you a extra drive to coppy files to? B)our cd's

if so do this now.i mean now ..before the system starts a dereliction fit!

4 you are or may be looking at a full reinstall. BUT this is as a last resort only

So lets step to the next post

itsmejjj

I had system restore turned off Now I regret it :(

I have no back ups/clones of anything, I never expected this to happen, I regret that also.

I have two drives, C and D, D is the larger drive. I was hoping not to have to reinstall anything. I have no way of putting the cd in because I have no cd drive. I am using the Asus Eee pc :-|

ok answer me this .

did you obtain it new ? and did it have it already installed? XP i mean

why i ask is it may be recoverable as its inbuilt. our should Be .unless it had a cd reader and has been removed..

you should if i am right have a boot floppy? where if i remember right you get a menu that will allow a reformat and a brand new reinstall places it self back to the c:\drive

Ok next post we try step by step ..

By the way Do not Do a thing or lose it ok stay calm....heeeee

u yes you should have a usb plug in point ? if you have we are good...

ok

a assume your like my self battle for a buck

1 can u afford a cd r/w

can you install a cd read /write ?

2 Do you have a install XP disk ?

3 can u afford a cd External Box ? and say a ather hard drive, even 2nd hand?

4 what size are your hard drives ?

perhaps you may not want the world to know .that's ok

i dont want your DNA .ehhhh just we talk about the problem to get this fixed.

leave the system as is ..do not at this stage play about with it..

Now here is what you can try ,do you have a undilute program ?

as the files are recognizable ok .so long as you leave things a lone ,dont def rag !

our write as little as possible to to c:\ --

ok before you click on links post first ? if your still on line? you got plenty options to get this fixed .

thanks for the link.

,but that's for you young Pearson to decide

my opinion ---.never ever click a link that has no explanation as to what it for

a very good rule to abide by --a thing hard learned ..

please any one that wants to help this young Pearson please do so.but add,

put a explanatory post as to what one clicks to -and why ,and what it is about..and what it could do to help a Pearson... as we have yet to work out

what the system can our cant do...any help is very much appreciated

itsmjjj

:(

ok answer me this .

did you obtain it new ? and did it have it already installed? XP i mean

why i ask is it may be recoverable as its inbuilt. our should Be .unless it had a cd reader and has been removed..

you should if i am right have a boot floppy? where if i remember right you get a menu that will allow a reformat and a brand new reinstall places it self back to the c:\drive

Ok next post we try step by step ..

It came already installed. I don't have a floppy disk or anythng as my computer doesn't have a floppy or cd drive to put in cds or floppy disks. Yes I have a usb plug in point. I have no idea what is a cd r/w, I am a novice at computers :( I have no disk but I do have a cd that came with the computer but have no way of putting it in. I can maybe afford a cd drive but I would hope I shouldnt have to. What is an undilute program? :| I have a usb flash drive and 2GB on C drive and 5.75 GB on D drive.

I am discovering more problems. I just discovered that I no longer have control for sound on my computer. I can hear music from my music player that is installed on my computer but I cannot hear anything online like videos, etc.. When I go to the sound controls, it is blocked out and doesn't let me adjust the volumes. It has revert to the default and has deleted the sound system that came installed. Another problem is some of my programs are not opening like for example 'Paint.NET', it says 'Windows installer is not properly installed' or something.

~

ha14 thank you for the link, does that work even If i didn't have system restore enabled? I don't think I can do what it says I am afraid I will make a mistake and mess it up even more, I don't understand very well the instructions.

Please help I am going crazy with this :(

pcuser777

I feel for you bud,really.I see that you have the disc(Windows?) but no drive to install it? Meaning no drawer that opens to place a dvd or disc into? Since you have that,it is unlikely,but you may have a recovery program loaded to your D drive.(per itsmejjj post)Open Windows Explorer and look for a file on D about 1.5 to 2 GB in size.Most PC's that have this recovery file will allow you to access it by booting while pressing the F10 key repeatedly.See if it's there.If it is,and you don't know how to proceed,post back.

Ok Try out as advice.Slow easy take your Time .Use a writing Pad and Pen ,Jot down What you are trying.

Agian We will get it Right!

Now whats the CD called ..No better Still ..If you have a Pen Drive Your In Good Shape..and a usb Plug in Point Better Shape

CD / READ Drive Is a Device ,Yep To read Cd Disks ,and Write To ..data .Thy fit in the front of your pc ,Thy behave similarity as your pen .Drive only YOU use a disk ..Some a re read only- Some are Read and write .but thy can hold Any type of data

Or have Programs On them ,also used to Install " A "MS OPERATING System to a C:\ drive..

Ok .whats happen Some How Files That are Important To the Operating Of MS your system dll files and driver files

have been classed a possible Danger to the System .Why ?

thy are Not reconnection By Modern Scanners,So classed as UNKNOWNS. and will Remove Them . if given permission To DO SO .unknown to a lot of people Trusting " not Knowing What Files are OK ".. USE a scanner and answer OK.rid them...

after all Its a Very good well made

..also Scanner programmers aim at Files

Know as DLL files .or SYSTEM files as thy are the Most danger est type ,used by Virus makers (targeted)

because you have a older Pc like i also still Use the scanners Behave Very Different To the older System Files..

thy class many as Possible Risks

Now the USB port,and PEN drive can Be used To install A pc OPERATING SYSTEM ,ok So You are FIXABLE.

your pc is not broken ..i think you understand that ..if we cant get you going.or help reinstall .take your system to a pc shop

where thy can install xp Via the usb port..But Thats The last resort...we need to get back you drivers and the files that were

delighted.. ok i will now leave you in the hands of "detailer" ...as one Pearson is plenty advising you ...so not to riddle or muck up your concentration...

itsmej

The software caused problems

Yes it Did ,Hoping you Are Not Angry - its all part of the learing process

You will never forget this Nor The lesson its you experienced from this

I Do sincerely hope You Be ok with the system understanding whats happened here. i can tell you it the program has Glitches That will need looking at .

I think There Must be Warning applied In the different Pop windows As in ARE you Sure You want to Do THIS..And A warning Applied You cant Undo this ACTION..

Again Stay with it ,By the way Look into a back up Program..And also Look into installing A CD/read Device ,Very hard Not to Have ,Should pick one up round the 30 40 $ mark I have 13 different Models Plus spares..in one pc i have 3 installed 2 readers 1 read and write... No big Deal as its my hobby I back up to cd /and drive

also think about A external drive ,Look into this,ask around,go to your pc shop

take a look into this

Good luck and GOD bless ..

itsmejjj

I feel for you bud,really.I see that you have the disc(Windows?) but no drive to install it? Meaning no drawer that opens to place a dvd or disc into? Since you have that,it is unlikely,but you may have a recovery program loaded to your D drive.(per itsmejjj post)Open Windows Explorer and look for a file on D about 1.5 to 2 GB in size.Most PC's that have this recovery file will allow you to access it by booting while pressing the F10 key repeatedly.See if it's there.If it is,and you don't know how to proceed,post back.

No drive just the usb plugs. I am using a mini notebook. I tried the F10 and nothing happened. I also didn't find any file as you suggested, only an empty folder named 'Installer'. Now I have no internet connection I don't know what I did but now the network connections is empty and it won't identify my internet cable, I am writing this through my old 128 mb desktop computer. Iam lost, I do not know what to do from here. All of my data and files are on my notebook and I can't even save them to the usb, it wouldn't let me. Iam afraid I will lose all my files and never be able to use my computer again.

Hi pcuser

Have you tried to open it in safe-mode? And then run the Windows Restore facility?

Cheers

solbjerg

No drive just the usb plugs. I am using a mini notebook. I tried the F10 and nothing happened. I also didn't find any file as you suggested, only an empty folder named 'Installer'. Now I have no internet connection I don't know what I did but now the network connections is empty and it won't identify my internet cable, I am writing this through my old 128 mb desktop computer. Iam lost, I do not know what to do from here. All of my data and files are on my notebook and I can't even save them to the usb, it wouldn't let me. Iam afraid I will lose all my files and never be able to use my computer again.

Iam lost, I do not know what to do from here. All of my data and files are on my notebook and I can't even save them to the usb, it wouldn't let me. Iam afraid I will lose all my files and never be able to use my computer again.

Yes you will DO not panic..all pc are fixable You do not have a hardware problem Its The OS only .....System files...That are corrupted To the piont

you are Now losing The ability to Use it.. all the data and files are there

All you need is to access them that ability Now lost..

Ok Stop trying to repair ! or fix the Cp ...take it To Someone who is in the Know ,Take the PC:::: to a pc Shop And enplane What happen ,Thy will have recovery Applications ..and means to recover any file..I repeat Do not pally around, .any more With it ...its corrupted ,to the point that, normal means cant recover ,talk to a pc Shop Pearson..

Understand So long as No format Is Done or attempted at this time ,all the data files are recoverable...again There is nothing Wrong with the Pc itself....

To much advice Now Will only Confuse you more .as you are having problems

that relay We cant determine Sitting at a key Board and typing in What we Think IT could Be ...

itsmejjj

hi pcuser

i believe your hard-disk C: has a partition D: where the recovery file is saved

So, start the pc and when a list of function keys F1 , F2 .....F12 appears start tapping repeatedly the F8 key and a list will appear (Advanced..Boot Options...}

Move to selection Repair your Computer using arrows(press enter)

select keyboard lay out (click next)

select user name

password ................

At system recovery options select the appropriate -there is STart up repair

if there is system repair or recovery is better and go on

God help you

cheers

i believe your hard-disk C: has a partition D: where the recovery file is saved

Your probably right.I have two types Where thy are inbuilt and restore the default OS from the Start.. Thy format the drive and a new install takes place.

it sit in a Pre-build drive that cannot to accessed ,by the user ,but with a specel

floppy that comes with this type of pc...

The ather type are Back up inbuilt Pressing the F9 key

giving the option to make a back up of the software installed .So long as no format it made..On this type of System..The reason for pressing the F9 key,

where one can redo or dell ,( back up) ..the older inbuilt ones need a floppy to start the process to reinstall .

I really think this young person Should Go to Someone who knows how.

and not try to guess on how he may fix it ..relay..

well that's what i would DO NOW..

But you are 100% right there are models made that do as you say...

itsmejjj

Archived