IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can Iobit 360 replace AVG?

mlb1952

I am new at this. I know I need to protect my computer from infections. I do not know the terminology. I currently have AVG and AdvancedSystem Care on my computer.

Can Iobit 360 replace AVG or do they scan for different problems?

Thank you for your help.

AVG does take a while to run and a bit heavy on resources. Some other good free antivirus programs are Avira & Avast.

PC Firewall Plus & Comodo are good free firewalls. Zone Alarm has been good, but not scoring so well lately.

Whatever you decide to run, be sure to un-install the old ones first. Don't run more than one anti-virus (or firewall).

samr.

Welcome to the forum mlb1952 :smile:

samr gives good advice, as always

AVG does take a while to run and a bit heavy on resources. Some other good free antivirus programs are Avira & Avast.

PC Firewall Plus & Comodo are good free firewalls. Zone Alarm has been good, but not scoring so well lately.

Whatever you decide to run, be sure to un-install the old ones first. Don't run more than one anti-virus (or firewall).

samr.

"Whatever you decide to run, be sure to un-install the old ones first.Don't run more than one anti-virus (or firewall)"

This is true but, just in case there is some confusion, I will add:

The Windows XP firewall that came installed can't be un-installed (by the average user) so please don't try.

When you install the 3rd party firewall it should automatically turn Off the Windows firewall and take over the firewall task.

Windows should not protest too much and should recognize your new firewall.

All the best, woz of oz

If you keep AVG, slow the scan and it wont feel as heavy.

While you make your choice of AV protection, while still using AVG, you can open the AVG scanner, goto the bottom, and slide to the left off "automatic scan" to "slow scan'. This will free resources for other apps, (make it seem less heavy), but will drag out the scan time even more.

Archived