IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cleaning up register?

Xmouse

I just ran Advanced Window care for the first time and it sure found some issues;-)

My question is: how safe is it to have this programm remove the issues it found in the register?? I have no indept knowledge of the register, but I do know that if an incorrect removal is made, the pc might be in serious trouble. Although there is a back up and a restore function I am afraid that the system may not even restart if a serous mistake was made...Any suggestions here?

The start up program is great, you can actually check which dll or other file is harmfull or not!!

Hi xmouse

The items in the register is nearly allways strings and folders left over after deleting a program, a folder or a file, and many are just shortcuts that doesn't have a "parent" any more.

I used to go in and delete them by hand before AWC. But I find that AWC is doing at least as good a job as myself, and I haven't experienced any trouble. I use XP sp2, so I can't say for sure with other OS (Operating Systems)

Did you want it more specific that this?

Greetings

Hi Xmouse,

AWC Pro has more optimization and a much more in depth registry cleaner ( the only one that I've tried that I trust completely and have never had any problems with). the first time I ran it's tool it came up with 1400+ orphan active X entries and it scared me to death! i went ahead and repaired and my computer never ran so slick! Pro is worth it!

samr.

Hi Samr,

Thanks...but...could the fact that you're an administrator have anything to do with these possitive recomandations ( apologies for spelling errors, I am Dutch:oops:)

Must say the free program kinda convinced me already:lol:

Kind regards,

Xmouse

Hi Xmouse,

Nope! I am also not employed by Iobit. I am just an Iobit user like you, that is so blown away by their programs that I volunteered to help with the forum. I am an administrator so that I can have access to the tools I need to edit posts when I need to. I came on board when I found that the first version of AWC fixed many problems on my computer in minutes that I fought with for months. Been hooked ever since.

samr

Thanks Samr ;-) I understand. I also became a big fan in a few hours and will surely tell my friends about it.

Upgraded to pro, but on the outside I see not much of a change, apart from the fact that the register scan found 9 more errors. Personal found 163 already.

I see in the list that compares the 2 programs that pro has system boost. Is that incoorporated in the scanning tools or do I find that elsewere??

Hi Xmouse,

The boost function (not available for Vista) will open programs with high priority so they run faster. When you go to open a program, right click on the icon and select "Boost with AWC" (will be there for most programs, but not all).

You can select "computer type" and "network connection" to optimise your computer depending on how you use it. Mine works great on "top performance (fastest).

Also, click "tools", then "registry cleaner". This is a more advanced cleaner than runs during scan. Works great!

samr.

Hi Samr,

Thanks for explaning! I do have Vista and this is the first program of this kind that actually does great under Vista. I tried to put the system at max.performance and although I have a dual 3200 AMD processor and 2 Gb internal memory, I got an error message when I wanted to start up AWCpro. Closing it and reopening it solved the problem( whatever is was)so I put it back to normal use. The system is fast enough as it is ( after cleaning things up with AWC:-P )

Pitty the boost program is not in Vista, but I read somewhere that there will be an update soon? Perhaps it will be available for Vista as well soon.

Tried the other register cleaner as well and it found a few extra issues.

Thanks again!

Good thing to have this forum, for newbies like myself:wink: regards,

Xmouse

Haha, Samr is one of our users just like you. Thanks for all your support for us, we will make our program better and better.

Btw, we are working on Advanced WindowsCare 3.0 now, it's a new generation product with nice interface and powerful features. The beta testing will be available in September, you can join our newsletter to keep informed.

Hi Tim,

Thanks! I am really promoting this program to friends and co workers:smile:

Hope that 3.0 will be available soon.

If you have a subscription, can you update for free than? Not sure how that works.

regards,

Xmouse

Subsciption is a subsciption to a Newsletter.

AWC Personal is free

AWC Pro which has some extra features has to be paid for, but is not expensive.

Tim Is employed by IObit, I am not, I just like the programs and does some voluntary work.

I heard that version 2.6 is coming out inside 2 weeks

Greetings

Well, I keep the code, also on a place outside the computer ( in case everything would crash:shock: )so if the code is needed, no problem.

Like your signature, is it Chinese or japanees?

Saw you are located in Denmark, was already wondering who was up and about a this hour on Sunday:-P , must be from this continent...

Yes I usually wake up around 7 in the morning most days, And yes I am from Denmark, lives on Bornholm in the Baltic sea.

The characters are Chinese that I have taken a print sceen of and put in here, They mean "Sun Mountain" same as solbjerg, which means either sun mountain og sun hill.

By the way IObit is located in the middle of China.

Greetings

solbjerg

Archived