IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit 360 appears to have a memory issue

btuner

IObit 360 appears to have a memory issue. If IObit is left running on a 24 x 7 XP SP3 System with No updates and No Scans done. At boot up IO360tray.exe uses 11,616K and IO360.exe uses 2,024K . then 24 hours later IO360tray.exe 64,828K, IO360.exe 53,780K, and IO360srv.exe 23,484K, the memory usage just keeps growing, every 24 hr and will finally crash the computer. The computer becomes so heavily swapped out to the page

file nothing will run or the system will crash.

I am running the latest IOBot 360 with the latest definition file on two

different XP systems and a Vista system

One is 3.0 gig XP laptop with 1.5 gig of Ram. This system crash with in 40 hours with IO360 running

One is a 2.4 GIG quad core XP desktop with 4 Gig of Ram. this system will

become so heavily swapped out after 4 days of running the system is

not usable.

I also have Vista Ulimate 2.4 GIG quad core with 4 Gig of RAM that does not have the IObit memory issue.

See attached Window Task Manager screen views

IObit 360 appears to have a memory issue

IObit 360 appears to have a memory issue. If IObit is left running on a 24 x 7 XP SP3 System with No updates and No Scans done. At boot up IO360tray.exe uses 11,616K and IO360.exe uses 2,024K . then 24 hours later IO360tray.exe 64,828K, IO360.exe 53,780K, and IO360srv.exe 23,484K, the memory usage just keeps growing, every 24 hr and will finally crash the computer. The computer becomes so heavily swapped out to the page

One is 3.0 gig XP laptop with 1.5 gig of Ram. This system crash with in 40 hours with IO360 running

not usable.

I also have Vista Ulimate 2.4 GIG quad core with 4 Gig of RAM that does not have the IObit memory issue.

Hi Btuner,

Which version of IObit Security 360 did you use? Is it the latest version v1.01? If not, please try to uninstall your current version then download and install it from the link below:

http: //download.iobit.com/is360setup.exe

After installation, please make sure to update to the latest database.

not usable.

I'm having the same issue and posted the following on 10/9:

I have gone back to using IS360 the latest release and everything seamed to be O.K. Task Manager indicates the three IS360 tasks are consuming approx. 8M of real memory and 90M of VM. IOBit Smart Ram indicating my free real memory is Approx 1.5G. This is all after initial Boot up. The following day IOBit SR indicating approx. 1G of RM available. As far as TM goes, nothing has dramatically changed but there's 500M of real memory unaccounted for. I shutdown (EXIT) IS360 and the 500M is back, free RM at approx. 1.5G. I'm running Windows XP Media Center SP3. Is anyone having this issue? And can someone kindly test this out? This has been going on for a week since I installed IS360....And yes it is the latest version of IS360... I've uninstalled and reinstalled and the same thing occurs.

I am running Ver 1.01 with the latest database

I am running Ver 1.01 with the latest database. The one on the Quad core machine with auto updates and auto scan turned off. The one on the IO360 on the laptop was not the Pro version. is360tray.exe has now grow to 73,796K about 1.5K every hour.

I'm having the same issue and posted the following on 10/9:

I have gone back to using IS360 the latest release and everything seamed to be O.K. Task Manager indicates the three IS360 tasks are consuming approx. 8M of real memory and 90M of VM. IOBit Smart Ram indicating my free real memory is Approx 1.5G. This is all after initial Boot up. The following day IOBit SR indicating approx. 1G of RM available. As far as TM goes, nothing has dramatically changed but there's 500M of real memory unaccounted for. I shutdown (EXIT) IS360 and the 500M is back, free RM at approx. 1.5G. I'm running Windows XP Media Center SP3. Is anyone having this issue? And can someone kindly test this out? This has been going on for a week since I installed IS360....And yes it is the latest version of IS360... I've uninstalled and reinstalled and the same thing occurs.

Is anyone addressing this issue with memory consumption????

Sorry no such luck, not infected, IO360 has bad memory leak

I have tried IO360 on a large number of systems. If you run the IO360's memory usage keeps growing (1.5k per hour ) until the system run out of ram allocation table, and give you memory out errors and crashes. Leave a system running for 3 or 4 days and it crashes with IO360 running. Remove IO360 and the system runs for weeks without issues. I have referred this to Jerry in IOBit support and hopefully they are working on a fix to this good program. Try leaving your computer running for 3 or 4 days, without letting it hibernate and IO360 will crash the computer.

Easier just to remove program until IO360 is fixed

Thanks for your comments. Easier just to remove program until IO360 is fixed. It actually not running the system out of physical ram as I have 3.4 GIGs of actual ram. It is the a ram page allocation table in Window that is being used up or corrupted in Windows, so application tell you they are out of ram and cannot load. Bottomline IO360 has memory leak or ram allocation/release issue.

Hi btuner,

Just for a temporary solution, have you tried SmartRAM of ASC3, with all the options checked?

Just keep the icon in the system tray.

I believe it is worthwhile trying. :idea:

Cheers.

I have SR running this is what's telling me that RM is dropping. In one day my real memory goes from 1.5G down to 1G with IS360 running. When I shutdown IS360 the RM goes back to 1.5G. And like I said before task manager shows no signifcant change in RM or VM before or after IS360 is shutdown. And to respond to the last quote, my system is clean...

Hi Ddress

Well, - a HVED is required for teleportation, - - - I think! :-)

I too would like all those abbreviations written out!

Cheers

solbjerg

um... okay... what if i have, say, a hypno evd for speed, and use disable before you get a chance to use teleport? does that mean i win?

I recently went with IS360 pro and thought the memory problem went away but it did not. Went 2 days with the pro version and 400M of real memory unaccounted for, gone.... Shutdown IS360 and the free memory increases 400M........... PROBLEM STILL EXIST.

Per Jerry in IObit 360 support.

"this issue is expected to be fixed in our next version IObit Security 360 v1.1"

He is going email me when version 1.1 is released.

I can only hope it is quickly as I had to remove the paid for copies of IObit 360 from both of my systems, due to memory corruption issues running the systems 24 x 7.

Hi jjanssen,

Yes, you will be OK.

FYI:

If you have 32 different codes, please use the same codes for the same machines.

Even if it is a 1 code for all 32 PCs, please use the same 32 PCs, otherwise, for a completely different another PC, the code will not work assuming you have used all of the 32 rights before.

Cheers.

The memory issue has not been fixed in version 1.1

The memory issue has not been fixed in version 1.1

I had to remove IO360 due to crashing my systems if they are run 24 x7

At startup is360.exe task 2,108K, and is360tray.exe task 13,732K

After 24 hours is360.exe task 2,596k and is360tray.exe task 43,096k

If open task manger and watch IO360 memory usage, it will add

4K to 16K each time a program is opened. This would ok, if was

not for the repeated opening of the same program keeps eating more and more memory in your system.

EACH TIME IExplorer is opened, IO360 uses an extra 2 to 16k of memory then never releases the memory until the system become unstable and

crashes.

It appear IO360 is not remembering the programs it has already checked.

BUG ! as reported to support.

Memory..usage

I must be lucky.....I have been monitoring the memory usage constantly since uninstalling the older verision and going with 1.1 and the usage never goes over 15375 and goes as low as 8300

Will continue to watch this, my machine is never off

will post any other findings....

• 4 months later...

I have numerous post regarding memory consumption within IS360 and this problem still exist. I have the pro version and from release 1.0 to current 1.41 IS360 continues to eat memory. I have not used IS360 for quite a while and decided to try it out again with V1.41. 2 days ago, I started IS360 after a re-boot and free RM according to SmartRam was 1.6G the following morning it was 1.3G. Task manager indicates no significant change before or after. Not thinking it was a IS360 problem I restarted my system and free RM back to 1.6G. This morning same thing occurred, RM at 1.3G so I shutdown IS360 and free RM jumped back to 1.6G. I am running Win XP SP3. The only security I have running in real-time is Online Armor ++. When this first occurred back when, my security was Comodo CIS V3.14. I've read post about computers freezing up and in my opinion it's being caused by the lack of real memory due to IS360 sucking the life out if it..... I can't believe this problem hasn't been addressed!

Hi Donny

Forgive my asking - I haven't read your other posts - do you have the automatic scan running when idle?

Cheers

solbjerg

I have numerous post regarding memory consumption within IS360 and this problem still exist. I have the pro version and from release 1.0 to current 1.41 IS360 continues to eat memory. I have not used IS360 for quite a while and decided to try it out again with V1.41. 2 days ago, I started IS360 after a re-boot and free RM according to SmartRam was 1.6G the following morning it was 1.3G. Task manager indicates no significant change before or after. Not thinking it was a IS360 problem I restarted my system and free RM back to 1.6G. This morning same thing occurred, RM at 1.3G so I shutdown IS360 and free RM jumped back to 1.6G. I am running Win XP SP3. The only security I have running in real-time is Online Armor ++. When this first occurred back when, my security was Comodo CIS V3.14. I've read post about computers freezing up and in my opinion it's being caused by the lack of real memory due to IS360 sucking the life out if it..... I can't believe this problem hasn't been addressed!

Hi Donny

Forgive my asking - I haven't read your other posts - do you have the automatic scan running when idle?

Cheers

solbjerg

Not at all... I had IS360 just running real-time monitoring, no auto scan............ My system has been up since yesterday 03/24/10, and my free memory is still at 1.6G without IS360 running..

Hi Donny

My task manager says that the pagefile has 548 MB in use

My smart ram says that the pagefile has 546 MB in use (5188 free out of 5734)

My smart ram also says that it has 861 free physical space (58%) and consequently 610 MB in use of the physical space.

Of the virtual space it uses 35 MB and have 2012 free (86%)

The cpu uses generally about 4% both according to smart ram and to task manager.

What are your settings in Smart RAM?

I do not run it continuously (doesn't start up with Windows - and doesn't automatically free memory when idle), so I do not know how it would look the next day.

The automatically freeing of memory when idle could account for some difference - at startup in the morning it is far from idle!

Actually in my opinion there is no need to free memory if one has an ample supply of it - could even be detrimental to the speed.

Cheers

solbjerg

Archived