IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Macrium REFLECT wi7 ready ?

itsmejjj

Version information ------------------------------it was my intention to see if it was

but we know as yet not as we already got a 80 mile long thread on this ]

this is silly

To have 2 of them !!!

the reason was to let the Other one alone --i just started this to find

out as i understood from there site it was and just wanted this to be certified that all

so i delighted my comments as its going in to a long boring cometary on one product --

i feel is the wrong forum-

i be leave this sort of cometary would benefit there site --

we here are iobit !forum ?????

if it were on iobit soft ware and what it can do giving a 122 posted cometary-- then HEY that would be something to look at!!!!

PERHAPS WE SHOULD GET BEHIND 360 AND GIVE A DE TALE ON IT - a blow by blow from the very install ---

-AND HOW TO USE IT so we could benefit from it --AND HOW WE FEEL IT BENEFITS OUR USE --

AS WITH THIS BACKUP THING

jjj- Congratulations on successfully making your a Macrium Reflect Image of Microsoft's latest and greatest OS. Since Bart PE will not work for Win 7 were you able to download Windows PE for Win 7 and then have Reflect burn a Rescue CD for you from it? This capture is from when Reflect burned a Racsue CD for my Vista computer...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/RescueCDCreated.png

As I am sure you know in this case the Windows PE that I downloaded was a 107 MB miniature version of Vista as I would imagine that you would need Windows PE for Win 7 which is different because as I am sure you are aware Win 7 boots differently than Vista does. I found this quote over on the Macrium Forum...

Posted - July 11 2009 : 01:16:51

"Reflect is running fine on Win7 x64 RC but I can't use the boot option for the Windows PE Environment because Win7 created a hidden and active partition for its boot files during installation. But the Win PE stuff needs to be on the boot partition which is, besides the fact that the partition mentioned above is only 100MB, not possible." ...Here is More

Ted and garybear will probably know more about it than I do, but for now I'm hoping this might help a little.

~Maxx~

jjj- With the official release of Win 7 less than a week away I'm confident that Macrium and Microsoft are working to develop a fully functional Windows 7 PE although I wouldn't be surprised at all if you and your crew came up with a Min Win 7 PE even before they did! :mrgreen:

~Maxx~

Hi friends

Hi friends. Its nice to see my two friends acting like professionals again. You guys are way out of my pay grade..I'm still using xp3 and do not plan to change soon. Macrium is a first class out fit and I'm sure they will come up with some thing for Win7. I have made a new thread about back ups; I hope you don't mind jjj. I'm a simple PC user and Macrium free is all I need for the moment. Live well my friends. {garybear} PS Hey Maxx. Alex33 just got a new PC and it has 3 partitions on HD. He just informed me he restored all 3 and every thing went great. I will be happy when every one has a good anti virus and malware program and a good back up program.

Hi friends. Its nice to see my two friends acting like professionals again.

I agree! It would also be very professional not to not to refer to the programs that many other people have used with outstanding success and without problems for a long time on traditional Operating Systems that have compatible API's as 'crapware' after using it briefly on a pre-release OS with a new and different API. It would also very professional not to totally dismiss the opinions and widely respected benchmark publications of the one of the world's leading experts in the field of computer security especially when he highly endorses the very program that you are recommending, but sometimes you just have to shake off all of the taunting and the filthy and degrading names you have been called and press on regardless.

What Operating Systems is Alex 33 have on those 3 partitions?

~Maxx~

I agree! It would also be very professional not to not to refer to the programs that many other people have used with outstanding success and without problems for a long time on traditional Operating Systems that have compatible API's as 'crapware' after using it briefly on a pre-release OS with a new and different API. It would also very professional not to totally dismiss the opinions and widely respected benchmark publications of the one of the world's leading experts in the field of computer security especially when he highly endorses the very program that you are recommending, but sometimes you just have to shake off all of the taunting and the filthy and degrading names you have been called and press on regardless.

What Operating Systems is Alex 33 have on those 3 partitions?

~Maxx~

Hi Maxx. I don't know. His old PC was Vista. Maybe Alex will post on this thread. Live well my friend.PS You had the right to respond the way you did. I would ask you to ignore him.

Hi Maxx. I don't know. His old PC was Vista. Maybe Alex will post on this thread. Live well my friend.

I was just thinking that since Alex33 was booting 3 Operating systems the one of them most likely is Win 7 and he might have some insight on the existence of a Windows PE for Win 7, but even though the highly skilled computer technicians at Macrium could easily produce their own scaled down version of Vista to use in the Preinstall Environment the folks at Macrium are forced to get their Windows PE directly from Microsoft and pay a fee for each download and since Macrium can't legally develop and use an independent Windows PE program it only follows that Microsoft would not let others use a scaled down version of their intellectual property for use in the Preinstall Environment either.

~Maxx~

When I was researching Image Backup programs for my computer I found a great number of end users who said that Norton Ghost had such serious conflicts with the security system that they were using that it made it impossible for them to restore their computer. With all of the tons of money that Norton has you would think that they could come up with a better Image Backup program, but then again if they could they would have already improved their poorly scoring Security Suite also.

~Maxx~

Macrium REFLECT wi7 ready

Ive been ready since January and wouldnt you know it when we get a nice day, work or some other issue has kept me off the trials for several weeks now. I gotta get out there. I may just do that today if something else doesnt happen..

ODN

GaryBear -- ya heard or read if there is a work around for 7 yet?

itsmejjj

Hi jjj. This is all I could come up with. I thought Mazz got a copy of the Windows PE 2.0 with his 30 day trial of Macrium. The way I see it is that Macrium now works with Windows 7. I wish I were smarter and could help more. Maybe Maxx will know some thing.

Macrium Reflect Version: v4.2.2082

Date: 3rd October 2009

File Size: 28.1 MB

File Name: reflect_setup_free_x86_x64.exe

MD5 Hash: 3b0c637fb68dedc08f60cfb89bd99035

Windows Versions: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7. 32 and native 64 Bit.

This is from the Macrium Reflect v4.2.2076 Update Release Notes...

"Update for Windows 7 boot menu

Full edition only: The Windows PE 2.0 boot menu has been updated to work with Windows 7.

The reason that both the the Vista PE and Win 7 PE is only available to registered users of Macrium Reflect is that M$ charges for each download of the Preinstall Environment used to burn the Rescue CD.

~Maxx~

Macrium Reflect Version: v4.2.2082

Date: 3rd October 2009

File Size: 28.1 MB

File Name: reflect_setup_free_x86_x64.exe

MD5 Hash: 3b0c637fb68dedc08f60cfb89bd99035

Windows Versions: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7. 32 and native 64 Bit.

This is from the Macrium Reflect v4.2.2076 Update Release Notes...

"Update for Windows 7 boot menu

Full edition only: The Windows PE 2.0 boot menu has been updated to work with Windows 7.

The reason that both the the Vista PE and Win 7 PE is only available to registered users of Macrium Reflect is that M$ charges for each download of the Preinstall Environment used to burn the Rescue CD.

~Maxx~

Hi Maxx. Are you saying that JJJ can make macrium work with Windows 7 with the 30 day trial version??? Or does he have to buy the full edition?? I understood you to say you made a rescue CD that worked.

garybear- Since Micro$oft charges Macrium Reflect for each download of the Preinstall Environment for Win 7 they must pass the cost along to the individuals who wish to download Win 7 PE in order to burn a Rescue CD or DVD.

When I burned my Vista Rescue Disc I had to first upgrade my Free Macrium Reflect Software by purchasing a product key before I was able to download the Vista PE from Micro$oft and then and only then was I able to burn the Vista Rescue CD and the same is true of Win 7 because it also requires a copy the ultra-miniaturized version of Win 7 that M$ charges for in order to run in the Preinstall Environment from the Rescue CD.

For me it was very much worth the cost though in that I have re-Imaged my computer twice now with absolutely perfect results! In the past I was at the mercy of Windows System Restore which had failed 4 consecutive times a year ago and left me with only the one option of Recovering from the bloatware packed HP System Restore which has none of the programs I installed including the entire security system and browsers or any of the 1,000 of customized settings that I had made which takes about 100 hours to restore manually, but with Macrium Reflect everything comes back exactly as I left it in only a few minutes!

~Maxx~

garybear- Since Micro$oft charges Macrium Reflect for each download of the Preinstall Environment for Win 7 they must pass the cost along to the individuals who wish to download Win 7 PE in order to burn a Rescue CD or DVD.

When I burned my Vista Rescue Disc I had to first upgrade my Free Macrium Reflect Software by purchasing a product key before I was able to download the Vista PE from Micro$oft and then and only then was I able to burn the Vista Rescue CD and the same is true of Win 7 because it also requires a copy the ultra-miniaturized version of Win 7 that M$ charges for in order to run in the Preinstall Environment from the Rescue CD.

For me it was very much worth the cost though in that I have re-Imaged my computer twice now with absolutely perfect results! In the past I was at the mercy of Windows System Restore which had failed 4 consecutive times a year ago and left me with only the one option of Recovering from the bloatware packed HP System Restore which has none of the programs I installed including the entire security system and browsers or any of the 1,000 of customized settings that I had made which takes about 100 hours to restore manually, but with Macrium Reflect everything comes back exactly as I left it in only a few minutes!

~Maxx~

Hi maxx. Thanks for all that. I have XP3 so I'm good with Bart and linux . I was trying to help JJJ. I'm glad you like Macrium. I will ask one more time. Do you have to purchase the full addition if you have windows 7 ??? You say you purchased a product key. Is this a license ?? I'm sorry for being stupid,just want to help a friend. How much did you pay?? The full price ??? One time charge ?? I'm happy with my free version and can restore just fine. Trying to help jjj. Thank you my friend, live well. {garybear}

I will ask one more time. Do you have to purchase the full addition if you have windows 7 ?

In a word...Yes. You must purchase the full edition of Macrium Reflect if you have Win 7.

The same is true with Vista and I paid $40 for a lifetime Macrium Reflect license with free program upgrades and free PE upgrades as well. A few weeks after I made my first Rescue CD the PE was upgraded and I was able to make another upgraded Rescue CD for free.

~Maxx~

Imho

In a word...Yes. You must purchase the full edition of Macrium Reflect if you have Win 7.

The same is true with Vista and I paid $40 for a lifetime Macrium Reflect license with free program upgrades and free PE upgrades as well. A few weeks after I made my first Rescue CD the PE was upgraded and I was able to make another upgraded Rescue CD for free.

~Maxx~

Thank you my friend. That was very clear and even a dumb xxx like my self can understand. Having said all that, here is the bottom line for this old man. I enjoy all you guys talking about your tweaks here and tweaks there. How you gained a few seconds doing some thing to your OS. I always read the posts, but rarely understand what your telling me. I tried to do vman's post ,but didn't get it done. My friend enoskype spent a year and a 1/2 helping me optimize my PC:-D, which I really appreciated. I see everyone wanting some thing faster and better,always trying some thing new, and that's all good. I have Windows XP3 slipstream service pack 3 CD which I made and can use if I get desperate and Macrium fails me. After I click on IObit forum; which is in my favorites list, three seconds later and I'm on the forum and reading new posts. That's fast enough for me. I suppose all these new OS's have some thing great to offer, not real sure just what that is a the moment. I haven't learned every thing that I can do with XP3 yet and as long as it works like it is now, I won't be jumping off on some thing new. A day may come when I have no choose but to change, but until then I'm staying right where I am. I really enjoy learning new things and have learned a ton on this forum and hope I can learn more. I marvel at the wisdom of our members and appreciate everyone. I hope everyone understands this is not a bitch about any thing ,just IMHO, I have came along way and hope there are more good things to come. {garybear}

Archived