IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Startup Manager

nymoose

• 3 months later...

I have the exact same problem.

Try disabling the update manager-see if they clear.I had a similar problem with Zone Alarm Forcefield about a year ago.Had to disable it as the entries just kept multiplying.

Do you mean the update manager on ASC? How do I do this?

Hi nymoose,

You might try downloading and the shockwave un-installer tool to remove all old entries of shockwave, then download & re-install the latest shockwave program version. Here is a link to the un-install tool:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=SWUninstall&P2_Platform=Win32&P3_Browser_Version=MSIE

samr.

I uninstalled using this tool but they are still there ... over 900 of them.

ASC Clean Install

I have the exact same problem.

Do you mean the update manager on ASC? How do I do this?

I uninstalled using this tool but they are still there ... over 900 of them.

I will take a wild guess and assume you don't want to manually delete 900 items :roll:

In that case, I would recommend you do a Clean Install of Advanced System Care to get rid of the entries in the Startup Manager list.

Remember, after a Clean Install of Advanced System Care it will be the same as the very first time you installed Advanced System Care, so all your settings (options) will be at default and need to be re-set plus any items you had put in the Ignore list will need to be put there again.

If you are unsure how to do a Clean Install, go to Usage of IObit Products - Over the top/Clean install

Since you have updated to the latest version of Shockwave the problem might be fixed but keep looking in Advanced System Care Startup Manager to see if the items start to come back. If they do then you can try disabling the Update Manager in Shockwave as suggested above, and see if that stops the entries from appearing :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Thanks for responding so quickly. I unistalled and reinstalled ASC awhile ago. It was the day that I registered for this forum. I had planned on asking this question then but I got busy and forgot. I'm not sure if it was a clean install though so I will follow your directions.

The weird thing is that I don't have shockwave installed at all. I uninstalled it. Yet it adds another entry every time I open the startup manager. Also, it won't let me delete them manually. They are still there no matter how many I delete (The number only increases).

I removed it as directed and then ran the registry cleaner. I reinstalled the ASC and it is still there.

I am not sure what else to do. Any advice?

http://i45.tinypic.com/14bjlw1.jpg

Also this is what I get when I click jump to entry.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2a0f56q.jpg

They cannot be manually deleted.

Try this

Sorry but I can't find your problem recreated anywhere on the web

From your reply that all the entries were still there I get the feeling the Clean Install was not totally clean.

Did you use the BitRemover tool after you uninstalled Advanced System Care ?

If you did then I can only suggest the following:

I notice that all the Shockwave entries in Startup Manager are un-ticked so I did some experimenting and I think this should work.

Open Windows Explorer (Windows Key + E) and navigate as follows:

• My Computer

• (C:)

• Documents and Settings

Your User Name

• Application Data

• IObit

• Advanced System Care (Double click on the name Advanced System Care)

There you will see a file called Ignore in the right window pane.

Copy the Ignore file somewhere safe (My Documents maybe ?) then delete it from the above Advanced System Care folder.

When you do this you will lose all the ignore settings so you would have to reset them all, this would include Registry Fix, System Optimization etc just like a Clean Install

Go to Advanced System Care > Startup Manager and hopefully all those un-ticked startup entries will be gone.

See my Before and After screenshots :smile:

This is my Startup Manager Before I deleted the Ignore file

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4034&d=1264263218

This is my Startup Manager After I deleted the Ignore file

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4035&d=1264263259

If your result is the same as mine then redo your settings and once you are happy with the results you can delete the 900 items Ignore file you saved :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Archived