IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Avast V5 Beta

detailer

And my two cents on AV's-they're only as good as your internet proclivities are bad.That is to say,"Show me your virus vault,and I'll show you mine" :razz:

detailer- I agree 100%! I have been trying to observe save internet surfing by isolating my browser in a virtual sandbox so that when the sandbox is deleted then all that is in it including any Malware is also deleted. Everything was going fine until one day I went to Ted's hardware and when a Trojan came up my Antivirus immediately sprung into action and wanted permission to quarantine it.

Now the dilemma was whether to let the Antivirus do its job and quarantine the Trojan inside the computer or simply delete the Virtual Sandbox and permanently destroy the Trojan forever. That was when I made the decision that since I was already using a Virtualized browser along with a fully stealthed and successfully Leak Tested Software Firewall and an excellent Hostbased Intrusion Prevention System that the Antivirus was just getting in the way by trying to deal with Malware within the browser's Virtual Space.

I have 6 on demand scanners including IS360 that I regularly scan my computer with and I haven't found so much as a tracking cookie yet. I certainly do not recommend that anyone use this kind of experimental security arrangement in fact as I said before I have installed Avast 4.8 on 2 computers just in the last 2 weeks and this shall be my standard recommendation for computer security for the level of competence that these 2 operators displayed were who had accumulated 50-100 pieces of Malware.

I'll keep you posted as to how things go and maybe one day soon you can "Show me your virus vault,and I'll show you mine", but since I'm fully confident that your's will me empty I'll just show you mine. :-D

~Maxx~

PS- HIPS has also successfully replaced the UAC which has given me no small amount of joy!

detailer- Speaking of protection from Root Kits...

Based on the class-leading GMER technology, avast! can now scan a live system for rootkit infections; no boots disks are required. If a rootkit is discovered, it is initially disabled and then if it can be safely removed without affecting the performance of the computer, it is removed. avast! antivirus includes a virus database which can be automatically updated to provide continuous protection against rootkits.

HIPS (Host Intrusion Prevention System) is also a simple and easy way to protect from malicious software (spyware, adware, keyloggers, rootkits, etc.) when surfing the Internet! Using the next generation proactive protection technologies, sandboxing and virtualization, HIPS helps to achieve a maximum level of protection against malicious software, while not demanding any ongoing online signature updates.

Do you have any advanced word on when Avast! 5 might be might be available?

~Maxx~

detailer- Speaking of protection from Root Kits...

Based on the class-leading GMER technology, avast! can now scan a live system for rootkit infections; no boots disks are required. If a rootkit is discovered, it is initially disabled and then if it can be safely removed without affecting the performance of the computer, it is removed. avast! antivirus includes a virus database which can be automatically updated to provide continuous protection against rootkits.

HIPS (Host Intrusion Prevention System) is also a simple and easy way to protect from malicious software (spyware, adware, keyloggers, rootkits, etc.) when surfing the Internet! Using the next generation proactive protection technologies, sandboxing and virtualization, HIPS helps to achieve a maximum level of protection against malicious software, while not demanding any ongoing online signature updates.

Do you have any advanced word on when Avast! 5 might be might be available?

~Maxx~

mid november or around then according to a post vlk made somewer, dont remember wer.

firzen771- Thanks for the information. I have installed Avast 4.8 on several of my friend's computers and I was curious if you knew whether or not the upgrade to v5.0 will be accomplished through an automatic update like some other computer security systems do?

~Maxx~

Archived