IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows 7 Yes! It Is Out!

jelrikj

Its 0.01 Belgium ( AMERICA - 0.01 AM ) on my computer screen now in Time! Its 22 Ocktober! :-D

Windows 7 Let's Begin The End! The Different Versions!

-------------------------------------

- Windows 7 Starter Edition

- Windows 7 Home Basic Edition

- Windows 7 Home Premium Edition

- Windows 7 Professional Edition

- Windows 7 Ultimate Edition

- Windows 7 Enterprise Edition

PS: sorry i was to happy thats why i posted this threat :oops:

Its 0.01 Belgium ( AMERICA - 0.01 AM ) on my computer screen now in Time! Its 22 Ocktober! :-D

PS: sorry i was to happy that's why i posted this threat :oops:

no post ahead ! glad you have it -welcome !!!

I used it for over 6 mounts 6 different build -from beta to now the public release

let us know what you think of it --enjoy you forgot to add Windows 7 ULTIMATE ? :

sugar need specks--you did !! ehhhh

itsmejjj

Not Really Impressed

Been running Win7 Ultimate build 7100 for @ 2 months now and can't believe how huge the OS is-@ 16 GB-for what?? Must be to split everything up and scatter it around in Explorer.The 64bit aspect has me scrambling to find compatible programs-though many install and run in 32bit mode.You can't play and tweak at will as you could with XP,or 7 throws a fit.No way in hell I'd ever part with over $300 for this software-it simply isn't worth it.Makes me really glad I avoided that huge pot hole in the road known as Vista.Don't get me wrong,it's really pretty and runs OK,but this just isn't the huge leap foward from XP that I seriously expected it to be.Worth @150 bucks,tops.Sorry M$.

16 gig ok--? my ones ,are just under 5 gig on the drive? i installed it on a 5.2 gig hard drive! 1 gig memory old petuim to see if it would--and if it were possible to achieve it i can say it is -also on a flash drive - 8 gig ,fully booting !

i think your are taking the installed no other app added -?

but this, it at the moment a bit of a problem with software - that should be available as time passes? "huge leap froward from XP" yes it is that!

You can't play as in games ? and tweak at will, ? as you could with XP, well i do not agree with you on this -you can tweak it depending on what ? one tweaks...but its a different animal that is so..

itsmejjj

just to be sure as not to sound argumentative or a smart Azz)donkey)

---

7.9222.102.272 byts.7.37 gig

installed coimt bird (browser) tread fire pctools .proxomitron, lookNstop,DU meter--that's it nothing els on one of the systems

petum{r}4 cpu 2.53 GHz 2.5 GHz

ram 1 gig.

32 bit--dirve 200 gig split in 3--

itsmejjj

Been running Win7 Ultimate build 7100 for @ 2 months now and can't believe how huge the OS is-@ 16 GB-for what?? Makes me really glad I avoided that huge pot hole in the road known as Vista.

Please don't take any offense at this because its just my attempt at ironic humor having spent over 1 1/2 years dealing with the 11 GB Vista Home Premium OS and its huge kernel which has 97 of the 100 threads in the expanded Win 7 kernel compared to the sleek and compact 47 threads in the XP kernel, but that's what you get when you build things in what you referred to as a 'pothole'.

~Maxx~

I understand Max-only the most patient and persistent seem to have the ability to whip Vista into shape.I applaud your efforts.JJJ-not sure exactly what you are running that weighs in between 5 and 8GB,but I have Win7 Ultimate 64bit build 7100 ( the OS and nothing else) which is still just over 16 GB with hibernation deleted (not disabled) deleted.Further checking of prices shows the final release of this can go up to $469!! I've chosen Amazon as an example of what will probably be the "going price" for this less that spectacular piece of software.What I want you to take note of is not the price,but rather the system requirements for Ultimate-16GB for 32bit,and 20GB for 64bit.So my question again-why so F'n huge??,and what exactly are you running that's the size of XP?? I see almost nothing this OS can do that XP can't.And I don't see it doing it any better-maybe just a little prettier to look at.Until I can figure out how to trim the fat from this bloated pig,and find some real tweaks,my XP rig runs just as fast(in some areas faster) with a slower processor,and less(also slower)Ram.I have logged countless hours on the Win7 forums searching for ways to make this thing faster than XP,but so far no luck.Been through at least four so called "tweakers" for 7 with no real evidence of speed gain.Maybe after 7 has been out for a year or so,there will be some third party software that actually will make this OS perform the way I expect it to.But maybe that's the problem-I've tweaked my XP so well,that 7 isn't living up to my expectations.

Price: $319.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

not a cheep cheep i did say a while back this can set one back round the 400 od bucks--i don't know what to say -as to your build--is it a BETA ?

build..or the one JUST after it came out of BETA-there are i be leave 4 after the BETA - i think 5 ??

-and the final one --not for public release! we have and use--it only shows windows 7 ULTIMATE ---no other info----or build--not for sale to the public--just for testing! this is almost the final build that now is out--

i wont bore reader as to the difference-in the builds--

so we are probably talking a different build - than your one-

i do know the release is a biggie-now whether it has add in extra build in cant tell you as yet -i am very reluctant to install it- but jonn has so i shall ask --

-as i got my lot almost perfect! speed and smooth--ruining--a few small problems that do crop up ,software ,is not that much of a concern..

you probably know we have what we refuged , cut up ,chop down--,and call it Mimi win 7 --but in all fairness what we are discussing--

the public release!

so is it what you are taking about -? and do you say its blowing out to 16 gig ? i amuse not--but one thing its self protecting -not easy to fool about with--unless you know how! it has many safe guards build in --any how i love it !

enoskype

One thing is for sure detailer, you can not interfere in Windows7 as you interfere in XP ehhh ....posting at the same time agian !

i have to redo the spelling sometimes ,of my posts ,then check to make sure its readable --and we over leaped! each other !

itsmejjj

PS: sorry i was to happy thats why i posted this threat :oops:

i hope this will not upset you its just chit chat -----

do not mind this ---you injoy the OS never mind what we say!!!

itsmejjj

So Right

Enoskype-you are correct there.On the Win7 forum,the use of any registry cleaning utility is strongly urged against.Also,there are lists of utilities that work well with 7,which is short in comparison to the lists of those that don't.My beloved System Mechanic sent this thing into a tail spin before I ran only a small portion of the available tweaks.JJJ-this is an evaluation copy if that helps.But the fact remains that the required disk space for Win7 Ultimate 64bit is 20GB.What the hell am I missing here that takes up so much room on my drive? This OS is huge,period-that's a fact that can not be disputed.What exactly are you running that's only 8GB??You must have some bare bones stripped down version that I haven't seen. I'd love to get this down to 8GB if I knew what I could safely delete.

MICROSOFT PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS

MICROSOFT WINDOWS 7 OPERATING SYSTEM RELEASE CANDIDATE

These license terms are an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) and you. Please read them. They apply to the pre-release software named above, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. The terms also apply to any Microsoft

· updates,

· supplements,

· Internet-based services, and

· support services

for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply.

By using the software, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them, do not use the software.

As described below, using some features also operates as your consent to the transmission of certain computer information during validation and for Internet-based services.

If you comply with these license terms, you have the rights below.

Time-Sensitive Software. The software will stop running on June 1, 2010. You may not receive any other notice. You may not be able to access data used with the software when it stops running.

c. Term. The term of this agreement will expire on June 1, 2010. You have the right to use the software under the license terms of this agreement during this period. If you do not have a product key, you may need to reinstall the software every 30 days.

10. Scope of License. The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways. You may not

· disclose the results of any benchmark tests of the software to any third party without Microsoft’s prior written approval; <<<<<<<<<<

(that's why we are reluctant to post any!)

publish the software for others to copy;

· rent, lease or lend the software;

· transfer the software or this agreement to any third party;

· use the Potentially Unwanted Software definitions separately from the software; or

· use the software for commercial software hosting services.

i posted this so reader understand --

there is a mile long listing of what can or cant be done--

so perhaps i will leave it there--i have diluted-- the post made before this one

((sorry -this version is now offline! (redundant) ))

reinstall the software every 30 days. we are good here!

what ever thy change to make it that big i dont know -

this version as i stated

full installed .nothing els--just under 5 gig as is, supplied by MS -install cd----with no interfering with it!----on the drive -new install----

and let me say this it flys! to be shure i just did one agian on a brand new drive! then checked -

now here you fig'er it. on a 5 gig old drive ok --- 500 meg spare! was left=

any one els got some fingers ? on the size installed bare bone!

love to hear from you--

thanks--

itsmejjj

Windows 7 Is Now User Friendly and Some Faster Performance for the rest not much

But i like it.

Gonna test the final version today in the computer store i'm the technician there.

i'm gonna upgrade today some computer from Windows Vista To Windows 7! :grin:

ok here we go

see what this is fully installed---

1 install beta for testing only!

we are talking the full MS install CD--no modem on---un plunged--

1 installing- copy files--expanding files-installing features -install updates---

all good no problems--rebooting-continue install-(updates}

name enter

2 by pass enter key--

widows finalizing

activate -ask me later

5 installed

6,92 total gig on drive no interfering by my self!

now system properties

windows 7 ultimate

you have 30 days--to activate ---turned on modem -reboot -ask -anser go ahead

praying like crazy - please lord -let it be done.did not hear me !

-did not help! ehhhh arrh

that's it ---whell i tried -well,--failed -!! and it should--it died .kaput,finish.

thing of the past -last gasp !telling me-

on the screen saying for testing only, Build 7022.win main 090115-bla bla

this copy is not genuine! pop up tells me Soory BUB!--- what ya thinking?

update dopey ! -Coff ---- up !! then doped out!

so this old beta is just over under 7 gig--on disk-

funny stuff least to say! thats why i was sup prized when you said 20 gig--

and be leave you --go figure that out! ==i do not know what to say --

ehhhh its out of time and redundant-!!

ok hope it enplanes a bit?

jelrikj

Thank you for your kind reply!!

could you please when done read the drive size win 7 installed size?

thank you

itsmejjj

hey itsmejjj

i wish i coud but i noticed now thath the upgrade most been sent @ home for

15 dollars send/costs. so i'm gonna have to wait :x

Acer : ww....acer.com/win7upgrade

And so gonna have to wait a while.

but if you ghad not much space anymore on your harddrive don't forget to remove windows old directory after one Upgrade + A Cleandisk Checkup!

ok first jelrikj

what i wanted is this ,

when you installed windows 7 on a ,any hard drive -with no other add on

(raw install)--hit the drive -properties C:-and look at what the size is installed-

nothing else is needed,we want a idea of the size on different readers systems--

so you would postr a figure of ,lets say,---> 7.788.9987.bytes

or 7.79 gig on drive c:/ <--------no updates or added programs (raw install) --

thank you very kindly

itsmejjj

sunny --i don't know ? what the warning are about-

but i do know registry mechanic Version 9.0.0.114 Made by PC tools is ok --

any of obits products are 100% safe --win Utility's v7.0 is safe --ccleaner -all versions last 3 --

mind you my win7 OS all 5 different builds--

so i advice -after installing make a image back up -and try your ones --

i would say first look for newer builds --of them--you have--or post the links i could test them?

itsmejjj

detailer

had a good nose around that forum, a lot of iffy advice on there.

only saw problems mentioned re ccleaner,wise & glary. well i have tried glary & WISE and found them problematic but ccleaner thats rock solid.

no mention of iobit anywhere might have to register and give them a good mention.

now what do i not like about this OS?

its far to pricey when will thy learn! i do not understand -it really #$340 on av

why the hell not one uniform OS instead on this rubbish of different Builds--

have 1 OS like Ultimate--$80 a copy it would sell easy ! have less CONFLICTING problems,OR HAVING TO UPDATE CRAP FOR THE SO CALLED IF YOU WANT THIS OR THAT--extras--still that there thinking! and let me add

its disappointing to see this- sure costs money -but hey thy are not exactly poor are thy? and would still make a fortune--even if it were $120 a copy --

it would sell --you almost get the feeling thy only want the well of to have a copy! never mind the Les- fortunate people--

other than that -ULTIMATE is a beautiful os -and never mind speed or any other for or against-in my case and people who like it -we agree its a ripper!

when i first installed the BETA copy i obtained -saw it light up my screen

i fell in love with it --that with out doing tests --or any thing --it really inspired me to a new way of using a pc---enjoy it more--the rest now history- XP has served me well -and gave me many hour of enjoyment-

as i be leave this OS will and is doing--

i recommend -this --format your drive -forget what you had -start new--pack every thing that not computable -in A box-clean up your desk -

2010 it a new year for a new OS --

enjoy it -let it take you where you never been before--now one last thing here --any pre build win 7 get rid of it -we just installed the ULTIMATE

new version --

no different to the one we have--bar the back drops- and slight different setting-way its set in control panel---funny thing its slower by about 5%

than the pre versions--we have noticed--like longing a drive --its weakness

if you have large jp images its slow showing the icons--

in 1 directory we have 2,600 pics -it seemed to almost come to a halt--battling to show the icons--yet pre build not a problem,may be we need updates for this --? other than that like a rocket- ok i will admit this ! XP

is faster here -with out interfering with the win 7 os --installed as default--

XP beats it --INSTALLED with its defaults--

yes MAX is right, in all fairness to him .vista is faster than this OS--public release! we dis a test -vista beats it by 10% easy! i am talking Default installed no Twinkies----and being honest in my findings!

we are talking installed no added any thing --this os win7 lags behind some what ,tweak it right-and that's is a other story--

start chomping it up a bit here and there it speeds up -cut a bit here and there gets faster -rid a few things -well we will find out -the next few weeks we cant tell yet .we want to get it to 6meg installing there about--see how we go!

itsmejjj

yes MAX is right, in all fairness to him .vista is faster than this OS--public release! we dis a test -vista beats it by 10% easy! i am talking Default installed no Twinkies----and being honest in my findings!

we are talking installed no added any thing --this os win7 lags behind some what ,tweak it right-and that's is a other story--

start chomping it up a bit here and there it speeds up -cut a bit here and there gets faster -rid a few things -well we will find out -the next few weeks we cant tell yet.

And in all fairness jjj is 100% right about how to speed up Win 7 and although you can not tell yet how it will turn out I can tell you that my Vista computer was originally an average performer, but now it is a measurable 40% faster, starts 75% quicker and uses only 40% of the total RAM than it did when I first got it and I am confident that the same kind of radical improvements are definitely possible with Win 7.

My philosophy towards these newer Operating Systems which have kernels that are more than twice the size of the XP kernel is that M$ now tries to make Operating Systems that will do everything for everyone and our job is to do just exactly what you are saying and trim the fat that isn't needed! Just like you said "-cut a bit here and there gets faster"!

I'm not here to compare Vista to Win 7, but rather to encourage new Win 7 owners to make this latest and greatest Operating System do what you want it to do and perform like you want it to perform. These modern Operating Systems are like a huge buffet and it is up to each individual to decide what he really needs from it.

One of the most constant and consistent consumers of system resources I found was Sidebar which is Windows Gadgets in Win 7 and when I shut it down there was a measurable improvement in speed and performance! I also got rid of Aero Graphics which also sped things up. I then went to Black Viper and reduced or disabled 84 of the 132 services and that helped the computer start a full 45 seconds quicker! I know that M$ made tweaks to the Win 7 startup, but Black Viper has several severities of service cutbacks uo to and including the hyper-radical 'Bare Bones' profile.

I don't know exactly how tweakable Win 7 is, but these kinds of basic modifications are certainly worth looking into. When I got my Vista computer it ran just like it was 'made for the general public', but I had the time of my life customizing it into the computer that I thought I was buying in the first place. Back in the days of XP you could by a great running computer, but these days you get a project.

~Maxx~

Archived