IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart defrag 1.20 will not run on Vista 64

I have a fresh install, the program opens but when I try to analyze or defrag or optimize, the status flashes like it is trying to do something, but then in 1 second, it goes back to idle and nothing ever happens.

This occurs on any drive I select and no matter type of analyze or defrag I am doing. I am running as Administrator and I have turned off Zone alarm.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Advanced system care does work on the same computer.

Thanks,

Ken

Hi kennethbryant

Are you by any chance running on batteries?

Cheers

solbjerg

I have a fresh install, the program opens but when I try to analyze or defrag or optimize, the status flashes like it is trying to do something, but then in 1 second, it goes back to idle and nothing ever happens.

This occurs on any drive I select and no matter type of analyze or defrag I am doing. I am running as Administrator and I have turned off Zone alarm.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Advanced system care does work on the same computer.

Thanks,

Ken

No defrag while on battery power is best

SmartDefrag > Options > Stop defrag while using battery (Recommended)

If it is Ticked SmartDefrag will not work while on battery power

For more info and tips, click the link in my signature and read Usage of IObit Products :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum B.L.S :smile:

I have the same problem but my battery is check. still is in idle

Hi B.L.S.,

Is "Stop defrag while Using Battery" checked, or is it "un-checked". If it is checked it will not run when on batteries.

samr.

What samr said

If that is not the problem then, do you have the latest version 1.3 ?

See here for details and download:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=4982

If you still have version 1.2 I would recommend you uninstall it completely and download and install version 1.3

Why not start anew :wink:

What OS do you have XP, Vista, Win 7 ?

All the best, woz of oz

Archived