IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Hi Rez Pictures of Real Places and Other Things...

Maxxwire

Crater Lake in Hi Rez Format

Although I seldom if ever post concerning subjects other than the amazing IObot programs and computing in general I thought that I would break the mold and start this thread with his picture that I took on a trip up to Crater Lake in the Cascade Mountains of Oregon last spring as it is the picture I've been using as my Avatar here on the IObit Forums. This is a 1.6 MB lossless .png format version image of the 38 MB Photoshop PSD Original Master (which contains several times as much information as a RAW format photo) that has been scaled to fit a standard 720 line computer monitor in a 1.5-1 aspect ratio.

I don't use Photoshop nor do I have any use for any other profusely complicated digital image enhancement programs because I learned photography using a film camera where none of those after snap processes apply and I have resigned myself to using just enough digital image management to be able to use my 32" Sony Bravia monitor to digitally master the Photos from their many times 40+ MB PSD files to a more presentable computer desktop size in a manner that is as faithful to the way the camera lens originally saw the image as possible.

Most of the pictures that you see posted on the internet are done so in highly compressed .jpeg format and suffer image quality issues as a result so on this thread I wanted to post a unique set of my photos presented in a higher quality lossless format which I believe the IObit Membership will appreciate. I don't plan on getting into a lot of technical talk about cameras, the superiority of German Lenses and filters that I use or the rigorous detail of Manual Digital Photography here because as I learned many years ago "There are no such thing as better cameras just better pictures".

I hope that you will enjoy these pictures which are the product of my over 40 year long hobby of photography which started in the darkrooms of Portland State College and has brought me much joy over these many years and hopefully by sharing these selected High Resolution renderings of my personal photos with you some of that joy you may be passed on to you as well.

~Maxx~

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/PNGLogo.png

Moon in September Hi Rez Format

Perhaps we could start the series with the place that I photographed which is the furthest away although I took it from the window. This attached Image is a 32 bit per pixel full resolution 3 MB png rendering of a photo I took of the moon last month hand held without a tripod just the window casing for support. Sometimes the most exotic sights to be seen are right outside your window...

~Maxx~

Hi Maxxwire,

Those are really great pictures. :grin:

The problem is, they are using very high amount of bandwith.

Perhaps, it is better to give the links only, so the opening of the pages will not use that very high amount of bandwith.

Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers.

Enoskype- At your request I have replaced the Hi-Rez lossless png Images that I posted with their respective Photobucket links to reduce bandwidth usage. I had considered using IObit's photo attachment management tool, but although it will upload unlimited size compressed jpegs it will only render png images in a maximum size of 620 X 280 at 1/2 the allowable density of jpegs so I decided to just use the original links of the Hi Rez Pictures to represent them on this thread to avoid the visual compromises of compression and to preserve their state of being true to the original Image.

Thank you for working with me on this lossless Hi Rez picture project because I look forward to sharing with my friends here at IObit what these Images look like when I see them on my monitor before anyone else does.

~Maxx~

Enoskype- And thank you for all of your help in finding the right presentation for this thread. I just wanted to bring these High Resolution Pictures to my friends here on the IObit Forum in an uncompressed High Resolution Graphics Format that will be exclusively posted on this website as my small way of tribute to the fine Members here and for all the many things that I have learned from them over this past year.

A Butterfly Doing What He Does Best

The IObit Forum has always been like a garden of knowledge for me a cornucopia of good ideas from around the world to be collected from their many highly reliable sources and subsequently benefited from in my own personal application.

~Maxx~

Hi Maxx

Do you know the name of the butterfly? (Monarch variety?)

As a point of interest cornucupeia (horn of plenty) is also the name of a "Magazine for connoisseurs of Turkey"

Cheers

solbjerg

Enoskype- And thank you for all of your help in finding the right presentation for this thread. I just wanted to bring these High Resolution Pictures to my friends here on the IObit Forum in an uncompressed High Resolution Graphics Format that will be exclusively posted on this website as my small way of tribute to the fine Members here and for all the many things that I have learned from them over this past year.

A Butterfly Doing What He Does Best

The IObit Forum has always been like a garden of knowledge for me a cornucopia of good ideas from around the world to be collected from their many highly reliable sources and subsequently benefited from in my own personal application.

~Maxx~

detailer- Why yes that is a Monarch butterfly in the picture and this particular one lives just a stone's throw from the LBJ Ranch in Johnsonville, Texas. I thought that I would toss that bit of trivia in because I know that obscure 1960's American references are not lost on you being the man of the world that you are!

I thought that I would take this opportunity to post a link to yet another IObit Forum exclusive Hi Rez Image presentation that I took this last spring just after a violent rainstorm had drenched the city and left its residue on all that managed to survive its wrath...

April Showers in Hi Rez Format

~Maxx~

Yaquina Head Lighthouse in Hi Rez Format

The Yaquina Head Lighthouse was built in 1873. The original tower was the tallest in Oregon and the original first order fresnel lens is still in use.

I took this picture of the Yaquina Head Lighthouse on a trip to the Oregon Coast with my daughter this last spring. She moved to Rome Italy shortly thereafter and this particular picture is special to me because she encouraged me to take it from this particular angle.

~Maxx~

Hi Maxx

Very good observation - leads naturally into the microcosmic world :-)

So I would expect you to hold that view seeing that you like close-ups :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

'Frozen in Time' in Hi Rez Format

Interesting and exotic sights can be found no farther away than the nearest drinking fountain where a continual show of an endless variety of organic formations continually display themselves.

~Maxx~

'The Squared Circle' in Hi Rez Format

Hi Maxx

Very good observation - leads naturally into the microcosmic world :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Exactly! There can exist a within the microcosm that is described within a photograph not only the intricately detailed record of living beauty which nature so aptly ascribes, but also a tale of the creation of life as well as evidence of the sometimes tragic demise of those creatures involved in the process all within a space no larger than 2 cm in diameter as is the case with the 32 bit depth 'The Squared Circle' rendering.

~Maxx~

enoskype- I usually like to have the pictures appear in 720 or 750 lines of resolution so that they fit most monitors, but in the case of the 'Multnomah Falls' photo in order to have both the top of the falls and the rainbow that they create below visible in this case it required 1440 lines of resolution. I'm very glad that you have been enjoying this collection of pictures that I have taken.

~Maxx~

'Dower Tower' in Hi Rez Format

I took this picture of the US Bancorp Tower on the first day of spring at a particularly low point in the banking scandal just minutes after I had purchased my then new 72 mm Rodenstock UV Filter from the local Pro Photo store. Fortunately I had neglected to reset the white balance on my camera after shooting some pictures of clouds and deep blue sky just moments before because that 'mistake' is what gives this picture its unmistakable look.

~Maxx~

Hi Maxx

Yes but "luck" happens more often for the ones that know what they are doing :-)

I noticed the old gas lamps - they use electricity now, right?

Cheers

solbjerg

'Dower Tower' in Hi Rez Format

I took this picture of the US Bancorp Tower on the first day of spring at a particularly low point in the banking scandal just minutes after I had purchased my then new 72 mm Rodenstock UV Filter from the local Pro Photo store. Fortunately I had neglected to reset the white balance on my camera after shooting some pictures of clouds and deep blue sky just moments before because that 'mistake' is what gives this picture its unmistakable look.

~Maxx~

enjoyed your photography very much max. some wonderful shots you have there. funny thing is my wife has asked me to buy her a camera for christmas. she is not technically minded so she has asked for a digital point and shoot (wants the camera to do the work for her). any recomendations in the £100-150 region?

Hi Maxx

Yes but "luck" happens more often for the ones that know what they are doing :-)

I noticed the old gas lamps - they use electricity now, right?

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, one must have a sufficiently broad knowledge base to take advantage of "luck" when it capriciously decides to present itself. This picture was taken from Portland's Historic 'Old Town' District where many of the city's original structures were built including the period gas street lights which have been running on electricity for several years now. :smile:

~Maxx~

funny thing is my wife has asked me to buy her a camera for christmas. she is not technically minded so she has asked for a digital point and shoot (wants the camera to do the work for her). any recomendations in the £100-150 region?

This particular kind of camera is not my expertise, but I do know the kind of camera which my daughter who works for world renown film photographer Peter Lik who refers to her as his Golden Girl likes and that is a camera that not only takes great pictures, but fits nicely in her purse. After looking around the £120 Sony W-290 which comes in a variety of 4 colors would be my recommendation.

The Sony W290 is yet another stylish offering from one of the leading names in digital photography. It's a simple camera with an 'intelligent auto' mode that makes snapping perfect shots nearly effortless, no matter what the scene or scenario. A 5x optical zoom, 28mm wide-angle Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens with Optical SteadyShot image stabilization and high quality 12.1-megapixel resolution ensures that you can get close to the action without sacrificing picture quality. Additionally, 720p high-definition movie capture mode allows you to capture those moments to important to keep on just one photo.

She may not care that it has a fine Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens with Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, a 5x optical zoom and high quality 12.1-megapixel resolution and that's fine as long as the pictures she takes and high definition movies she makes with it look great.

If I find something that I think might be better in your price range I'll let you know.

~Maxx~

Hi Maxx

Great shot

Beautiful car, beautiful sky, and some nice brickwork and plasterwork in the background.

But too hot to be walking about I'm thinking :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

'White Classic Car' in Hi Rez Format

It was a scorching 104 degree day this last August when I took this picture and fortunately I had my Circular Polarizing lens with me to cut through the glare of the blazing afternoon summer sun shining down on this White Classic Car with all of its chrome appointments.

~Maxx~

Archived