IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

problem windows 7

commander2001

Well..

I do recall,in the past,that if I ran a Diagnose System scan-(the first part being Computer Optimization),immediately following a Maintain Windows scan,the CO scan would be painfully slow-up to five minutes as opposed to @ 15 seconds.Try closing ASC and reopen it,and make the CO scan your first task.If you get that working,you know these are the most critical of settings that you will be changing,correct? So be very prudent here.If you haven't already,I strongly urge you to create a Windows system restore point before you allow ASC to make any changes in your configuration.Let me know what happens.

Solbjerg

Might be right there.If this was an Admin or UAC issue,I doubt the program (ASC) would run at all.For only one aspect of it to fail seems to suggest a flawed install or version.Commander,can you verify that ASC installed to your x86 Program Files and the version number please?

Could Be It

Did you verify the installation location as x86 Program Files? This is just a curiosity of mine since the new version claims to "optimize win7" I'm looking for the 64bit compatibility here to check against my configuration.We may need to find you the previous version-3.3.4 (which I'm using) and have you perform a complete clean install.

Hi commander

Could you please tell me what steps a clean install contains when you do it?

I have heard many say that they have done it, but they have then not done what I understand a clean install to be.

So please bear with me and don't be offended by my question.

No disrespect intended!!

Cheers

solbjerg

yes i have done that

OK

So it did install as x86? I'm going to search the web for a set-up file for v.3.3.4-unless you have a previous version .exe file on hand.Seems the only alternative left as this clearly appears to be a compatibility issue,at least to me anyway.Forgot to ask-are you running Free or Pro version of ASC?

So...is there a fix for this, other than re-installing 3.3.4? Or is it being worked on for 3.4.1? I have the identical problem: Win7, 64bit. Started the scan before I left for work, 10 hours later it hadn't done anything at all. This was a clean install (uninstall/regclean/reinstall) of 3.4.0.

Hi smw

Ok, but it sounds as if you left out the deletion of the program folder?

An important step in the clean install sequence :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

So...is there a fix for this, other than re-installing 3.3.4? Or is it being worked on for 3.4.1? I have the identical problem: Win7, 64bit. Started the scan before I left for work, 10 hours later it hadn't done anything at all. This was a clean install (uninstall/regclean/reinstall) of 3.4.0.

Archived