IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New Comodo Internet Security update

wrexe

For those of you not already aware of the new update...

Update: Comodo Internet Security 3.13.119746

ChangeLog:

* IMPROVED! AV engine now includes more advanced detection techniques

* IMPROVED! Windows XP 64 registry protection has been hardened

* FIXED! Defense+ does not handle object names properly (Reported by our forum member wj32)

* FIXED! Defense+ does not protect against registry key ACL modifications (Reported by our forum member wj32)

Download from: File Hippo

wrexe

wrexe- I did the download and did a clean install of the Comodo Firewall Pro and Defence+ HIPS from the latest CIS v3.13.119746.572 release yesterday because they listed some improvements in Defense+ in the changelog as you noted. I really appreciate being able to install only those components that I want and pass on the others. I am even more appreciative of being able to export all of my Firewall and Defense+ HIPS rules to a remote file and then retrieve them after the fresh install for a seamless transition between versions. This process has been greatly facilitated by the removal of Vista UAC which would not allow the export or import of rules files by replacing it with Comodo HIPS which is like UAC on steroids in that it monitors all processes not just the .exe's like UAC did.

I also decided to give up the one Port that I had open and instructed the Comodo Stealth Ports Wizard stealth all of my computer's ports with a Global Rule to block all IP incoming from any IP to any IP for any protocol which took less than 5 seconds. I've been running Comodo for 6 months now and haven't found so much as a single trace of Malware yet even though I use 5 on demand scanners!

~Maxx~

well max at last it work on win 7 and XP very impressed---the first time in many years.i only installed the fire wall nothing else-no nothing ..no linking,or any bars,blocking there site as well,

i just downloaded this new app fire wall

and am summarized ,it is not interfering with my other software!

i have already tweak it fearsomely,to block and it doing it well.http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2660&stc=1&d=1258595034

this in 15 min nits after running!!!

so far so good ..

i never liked it but this is changing my thinking ...

very very good indeed thank you wrex for the heads up!

we will give it a hiding,and push it now --

itsmejjj

Scares me sometimes

I think the full Comodo CIS system is a very good idea and fortunately it has been working well for me lately but.......

Last month I did suffer the computer slowdown problem after an update as discussed in the thread Workaround for 99 cpu problem

It took me many stressfull hours to get my NetBook back to running ok. I un-installed all Comodo at that point and waited till it seemed all 'bugs' were fixed then re-installed Comodo.

Now this: Version 3.13.119746.572 : 17th November, 2009 Crashes XP

I missed this problem somehow, either it does not affect my particular 'flavor' of OS or I had my NetBook switched Off while this bad update was available (can be lucky)

The scary part of this is that some users could not even Boot into Safe Mode :shock: That would be the end for me, Safe Mode and un-install is about the limit of my 'troubleshooting' abilities and I don't think I am alone.

So I am now seriosly looking at PCTools Firewall (with HIPS) I used this during the 99 cpu fiasco mentioned above and found it quite good. It doesn't seem as 'tweakable' as Comodo but I think it's fine for 'average users' who practice safe web cruising, downloading and installing.

Then I will investigate MSE some more, I've been reading some good things about it as a 'set and forget' solution

I haven't un-installed Comodo yet but this latest fiasco has scared me a bit even though I wasn't affected personally.

Anyway, it's a reason/excuse to do some research :)

All the best, woz of oz

http://www.find-ip-address.org/

warning if you click this you be tested for you IP ----

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

i used there app and its ok but just hiding the user ip.nothing else--and ya get ta pay up ...rip of ----of a program,my is free leaves it for dead!

well the 2 i am running one old slow pc one i consider medium speed-its fine.so far any how--funny thing is 3 fire wall all up and the old girl 4 running no slow down,if any thing this one seems faster?....don't ask me---

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2662&stc=1&d=1258601917

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2663&stc=1&d=1258601935

now check this out ---its stealthiness my systems extra well with my apps combination--i omnly edit the proxy (safety) but hey this is looking good..

itsmejjj

Ports Stealth ?

Hi itsmejjj

Have you tried SecurityMetrics to test your Ports stealth ? (Warning: If you click the link you be tested for your IP)

I don't know how effective it is but as you can see from the quote below it recognised that I was behind a Router (WiFi) and gave both IP addresses (******* is my edit)

I would be interested to know if you think it is getting through to my NetBook and giving a genuine reading :smile:

Also, the results give a simple but small explanation of who or what could use these Ports to do whatever :wink:

By the way, I got a result of Stealth for all tested Ports and I'm using Comodo with my firewall set at Block all incoming connections Stealth my ports to everyone also I am not a part of a Network.

Automatic Connection Analyzer

Your computer reported an IP address of **********, but your actual IP address is ***********

There is a router, proxy, or firewall between you and the Internet. Your port scan results may reflect the security of your router, firewall or proxy instead of your computer.

All the best, woz of oz

ok look at the shots --thy tested the proxy--that is as far as thy got --as you can see thy the proxy have open ports, so we all can use them .are thy safe ?

well not bad--as my system is rock hard -no UDP is allowed......

if you see your ip thy see you --no matter the router...

Automatic Connection Analyzer

Your computer reported an IP address of *them*tester********, but your actual IP address is ***you *ip 1 *******from there Cant find ME*******

ip 1,2,3,or 4,,depending how many is routed ,or a round trip made.

switching ip adresses--along the way .kinda hard ta follow one around ---

There is a router, proxy, or firewall between you and the Internet. Your port scan results may reflect the security of your router, firewall or proxy instead of your computer.

if one use your own IP it will show----but thy may also be testing the router.

still your true ip would show any how..

itsmejjj

yes this is correct it tested the router ..there fore not a 100% reading?

but i bet you are....

my pic thy could not get past the proxy..thy tested it..-----you the router.got tested---

ok i want you to try something for me ? yep download proxomitron..??

are ya game ?

http://sidki.proxfilter.net/prox-gui.html ,download the filters.and follow the link

ta my program????

are ya game my boy??? read up and get ya self hidden? are ya game is the point???

http://www.proxomitron.info/

itsmejjj

ok as you all can see we had a bit of fun..the results show 1 extreme --and one what i would call the normal use of a system..both achieving a stealthy rating..on using a router ,the other a proxy..with the new build of commode fire wall--and a very good result indeed..

what came out of this was that it now works on xp,vista,win7 -

in my case without the anti virus installed..

itsmejjj

It's all good under the hood

I am happy with my results :smile:

Most of my friends aren't interested in 'tweaking' their security (or computers in general) at all, as one put it, he paid good money for a Security Suite and that should be the end of it. Fair enough too, he has more important things in his life than computers.

His wife put it beautifully, in their house the refrigerator is more important than the washing machine which is more important than the computer. I can't argue with that :mrgreen:

Still if I can show them a free way to get better security that only takes a small amount of effort to achieve and maintain then they might be interested.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2679&d=1258613694

So, what's the weather like there in Falls Creek, Virginia ? :mrgreen:

All the best, woz of oz

jjj- I'm so glad that the Comodo Firewall is working well on your new Win 7 Rig! You stated that "i only installed the fire wall nothing else", but just as an observation your screenshot shows that in addition to the Comodo Firewall you also have Defense+ HIPS installed and that it has blocked 748 suspicious attempts. This is only for your information just in case you were wanting to run the Comodo Firewall only in that 748 blocks seems like Comodo HIPS must be conflicting with another desktop security program i.e. Security 360 with DOG detection. This is just something you might want to look into because running both programs at the same time is not recommended.

I know that you like humor and so I'm sure that you will get a big kick out of this.

Earlier you said..."with the new build of commode fire wall--and a very good result indeed..what came out of this was that it now works on xp,vista,win7

commode: A portable toilet, usually one containing a removable bed pan or other receptacle.

We all know that you meant the Comodo Firewall, but the way you put it makes for some truly priceless humor! :smile::grin::smile:

~Maxx~

ha-ha Maxx !!

Very good!

Cheers

solbjerg

jjj- I'm so glad that the Comodo Firewall is working well on your new Win 7 Rig! You stated that "i only installed the fire wall nothing else", but just as an observation your screenshot shows that in addition to the Comodo Firewall you also have Defense+ HIPS installed and that it has blocked 748 suspicious attempts. This is only for your information just in case you were wanting to run the Firewall only in that 748 blocks seems like Comodo HIPS might be conflicting with another desktop security program like Security 360 with DOG detection. This is just something you might want to look into.

I know that you like humor and so I'm sure that you will get a big kick out of this.

You said..."with the new build of commode fire wall--and a very good result indeed..what came out of this was that it now works on xp,vista,win7

commode: A portable toilet, usually one containing a removable bed pan or other receptacle.

We all know that you meant the Comodo Firewall, but the way you put it makes for some truly priceless humor! :smile::grin::smile:

~Maxx~

commode, fire wall yes i looked it up! GE tizz .......yukk yak yuk---haaaa

,well there ya go ,haaa looked ok ta me ,Comodo

see the difference -1 m and a o ----no wonder ya crack up ----that is a problem ,words, Misplace,spelling, wrong heee, yep ,now i made a funny and did not even see it ,

no there were a few add in that i said no to .i think tool bar add on and anti virus ...plus something about ,join in there communality? and sent problems..

its settle down now ,tweaking it ,this is some what different to what i am used to ..but i can say its boosted the blocking,a near 60% in my case,i tested it

very hard up to now and seems very stable,

well thy got it right( for me any how),i give it a bit more time,make sure i am happy ,that i am at the moment-normally i just test apps, but looks like its got a home ,with us...

i been pissed, of it never worked for me on 7 ,but it installed ,and the fact i have 2 others (fire walls) made no difference--now removed

its all settled..yet on xp i run 3 of them.with comodo ..

that is what i like .no conflicting apps--or apps saying uninstall this or that before ya can use it...

itsmejjj

no there were a few add in that i said no to .i think tool bar add on and anti virus ...plus something about ,join in there communality? and sent problems..

its settle down now ,tweaking it ,this is some what different to what i am used to ..but i can say its boosted the blocking,a near 60% in my case,i tested it

very hard up to now and seems very stable,

jjj- Comodo does offer an array of choices as far as combinations of software to install from the Comodo Internet Security download that contains everything including just the Firewall Pro, Firewall Pro and Defense+ HIPS or the entire Suite including the Antivirus which like you I no longer have any need for.

I'm glad to hear that you are getting better IP Blocking and that your rigorous tests procedures have shown the Comodo Firewall Pro to be both hardened and stable. Also glad to hear that you have no conflicting Apps.

~Maxx~

Archived