IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

"Boost with Advanced WindowsCare"

DrKevorkian

Can some one from I0bit explain what this feature is supposed to do? It appears when left clicking program shortcuts and I'm wondering:

1. Precisely what does it do?

2. What if you pick it for every single icon? Does clicking it every time mean it less effective since everything would be "boosted" whatever that means...

I googled the phrase and don't see anything to explain the feature......

Hi Dr Kevorkian,

I just wanted to add something to what Just Dave said. This works especially well on big programs that are resource hogs. Instead of clicking the icon to open the program, right click- then click the "boost". I think you will see a noticable difference. Most programs will run faster. However, you may notice that it might not be available for all programs.

samr.

(Thread moved from smart defrag forum 10-11-07)

Hi

You might try Wikipedia or an English dictionary.

In slang for example boost can mean to jump start an engine, a way to do that if you have a week spark is to blow some ether into the air intake to make the engine "catch" and start the motor.

In computer lingo it's like samr and justdave said, but if you want to boost all programs that are "boostable" you might want to consider to run the computer in another mode.

Greetings

...Instead of clicking the icon to open the program, right click- then click the "boost". I think you will see a noticable difference. Most programs will run faster. However, you may notice that it might not be available for all programs...

I love the Boost function I use it with my CAD programs...HUGE difference...

I noticed however that the "Boost" option is not available for shortcuts placed on the desktop. I have tried to copy shortcuts from the "Start" menu and from the program folder but as soon as it is placed on the desktop the "Boost" option disappears. this would be a nice tweak for the next update.

• 1 year later...
I love the Boost function I use it with my CAD programs...HUGE difference...

I noticed however that the "Boost" option is not available for shortcuts placed on the desktop. I have tried to copy shortcuts from the "Start" menu and from the program folder but as soon as it is placed on the desktop the "Boost" option disappears. this would be a nice tweak for the next update.

I assume this has been fixed since this October 23, 2007 post because Boost is listed in the local menu (the right click menu) for the icons on my desktop.

I don't suppose there was ever any command line switch made for using Boost, was there? Anyway to make a program ALWAYS open using Boost?

Now that I think of it, such a switch, or option, I would think might have been something Microsloth implemented and could be added to the "Target" box in the shortcut properties area, or somewhere else as a selection.

Thx!

CT

Archived