IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Security holes function and Win7

yowanvista

hi friends

This is precisely what the screenshot showed, Windows 7 is not yet supported it says. As it is a message in the program I suppose IObit is aware of the problem :-) They are probably working on an update that takes care of that problem.

As far as I remember Tim Xue wrote that the new version 2.0 would come soon - in the beginning of the New year I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

I also have the retail version and it does not work on my Win7 pc.

Hi guys,

I think, it is intentionally not working.

If you want to check that it works for Windows 7, run b_securityholes.exe in Vista SP2 compatibility mode and see what happens.

PLEASE DO NOT DOWNLOD THE FILES WHEN THE PROGRAM RUNS, THEY ARE FOR VISTA WHEN RUN IN THE ABOVE MODE.

This is only to show you that the function is working but not ready for Win7 yet.

Cheers.

Hi guys,

I think, it is intentionally not working.

If you want to check that it works for Windows 7, run b_securityholes.exe in Vista SP2 compatibility mode and see what happens.

PLEASE DO NOT DOWNLOD THE FILES WHEN THE PROGRAM RUNS, THEY ARE FOR VISTA WHEN RUN IN THE ABOVE MODE.

This is only to show you that the function is working.

but not ready for Win7 yet.

Hi yowanvista,

Well, you have not pointed out before that your Win7 is 64 bits version.

Did you try it in 32 bit compatibility mode? (I don't know if there is Vista sp2 32 compatibility mode though!!!)

Cheers.

There is no 32bit vista compatibility option in windows7

Well detailer, not clear to me at all.:shock::-P:lol:

When you run b_securityholes.exe in Vista compatibility mode in Windows7 32x, it does work and finds Vista security holes!!!

That is only to show that it works, but not usable.

You are right that it does not work in any compatibility mode in Windows7 64x.

Cheers.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3542&d=1261353521

Archived