IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ISD Beta 4.01 is available now!(Bug Fixed)

How do I download old Beta 3? Beta 4.01 does not work

I love you prior 3 version of ISD.

Your new Beta 4.01 install, uninstalled prior version 3.

Beta 4.01 crashes on startup. I unstalled it since it was worthless.

Where do I go to find, download and reinstall the older prior 3 version?

When will a usable version on new version be available? When fixed call it Beta 4.02 or something since 4.01 is not useful or usable.

======

ISD Beta 4.01 is ready now! New engine, algorithm, and new interface!

We have fixed the startup item missing problem, sorry for that, please download the new one from:

http://www.iobit.com/files/DefragSetup.exe

Uninstall:

If you encounter problems you can't solve, it is often a good idea to uninstall the program and install it again.

The way to do that with the least chance of something going wrong is to – uninstall – and then remove the ISD folder – after that I recommend that you clean up your registry with another application (for example CCleaner) - then install the newest ISD download version from step one.

(Or you can choose an earlier (non-beta) version from your "Downloaded Programs folder")

Reinstall / Upgrade to newer version:

If you do not have any problems with your ISD it should be sufficient to download a newer version and install it without removing the previous one.

(It's done automatically by the Install program)

That way all your settings will continue as before.

If you have problems follow the Uninstall procedure

Ccleaner can be found here: http://www.ccleaner.com/

it's not the only one around, but it is nice and can be downloaded for free

ISD Beta 4.01 is ready now! New engine, algorithm, and new interface!

We have fixed the startup item missing problem, sorry for that, please download the new one from:

http://www.iobit.com/files/DefragSetup.exe

There are no bugs "Fixed." The program is loaded with spyware, MSNChatsniffer to be exact. Nortons, Zone Alarm and Adaware Se Personal keep on deleting everything that's in the file including the file itself. Each time I download 4.01, Nortons always deletes it since the file is nothing but spyware. It also messed up my msconfig.exe file. Things used to load up regularly, but now I have to do a system restore because too many things on my computer are messed up. The 3.0 and 3.01 were in better condition. I never had a problem with them.

Russell

http://xenastreetfighterthenextgeneration.com/TellAllWeeklySeries

Hi Russell,

There was a problem with the v3 and v4.0 uninstallers; they removed startup entries from the registry. So the problem with msconfig and the missing startup files was caused by the uninstall of the previous version, not v4.01. I realize it's too late to do you any good but see enoskype's post here.

I was curious about the spyware claim and scanned the latest download. Neither ZoneAlarm Security Suite, Trendmicro OfficeScan, AVG, Avast, CounterSpy, nor AdAware free had any problems with the 4.01 exe. I'll be interested in Tim's response but I can't believe IOBit would post it for download without vetting it first. Maybe you have something else going on? Is Norton maybe seeing a false positive?

Hi Russell,

There was a problem with the v3 and v4.0 uninstallers; they removed startup entries from the registry. So the problem with msconfig and the missing startup files was caused by the uninstall of the previous version, not v4.01. I realize it's too late to do you any good but see enoskype's post here.

I was curious about the spyware claim and scanned the latest download. Neither ZoneAlarm Security Suite, Trendmicro OfficeScan, AVG, Avast, CounterSpy, nor AdAware free had any problems with the 4.01 exe. I'll be interested in Tim's response but I can't believe IOBit would post it for download without vetting it first. Maybe you have something else going on? Is Norton maybe seeing a false positive?

Norton's isn't seeing a false positive. Norton's 2007 has been seeing everything so far. I downloaded 4.01 three times. Each time I downloaded it on my dekstop and laptop, it got deleted by Nortorns and Zone Alarm because it saw spyware in it (MSNChatsniffer.) I strongly suggest Iobit.com check 4.01 again. MSNChatsniffer is maleware. I have never had problems with 3.0 or 3.01, only 4.01.

Russell

Hi omoto1,

I am curious where you are downloading it from. I downloaded twice from Iobit.com and came up clean. When you click "download freeware now" it takes you to Major Geeks and I downloaded from "author's site". Let me know where you are downloading the setup file from and mabye we can see if anybody can replicate it.

Thanks, samr.

Hi Russell,

Hello,

I thought I would check back here to reply to your post after downloading the new file that was posted in the new address. I downloaded the file from the first post. It seems as though the file I downloaded prior to the first post (The corrected software) was the one that had the spyware in it (MSNChatsniffer.) I downloaded the one from the first post here and scanned it with Norton's 2007, Ad-aware Se Personal and Spybot. Fortunately nothing came up (The file was clean.) The file I downloaded before (The one I was complaining about) was from the front page of iobit.com sometime last week before I posted here, not from the link posted in the beginning of this thread. I haven't installed the 4.01 from the beginning of this thread yet but plan on it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Hello,

I thought I would check back here to reply to your post after downloading the new file that was posted in the new address. I downloaded the file from the first post. It seems as though the file I downloaded prior to the first post (The corrected software) was the one that had the spyware in it (MSNChatsniffer.) I downloaded the one from the first post here and scanned it with Norton's 2007, Ad-aware Se Personal and Spybot. Fortunately nothing came up (The file was clean.) The file I downloaded before (The one I was complaining about) was from the front page of iobit.com sometime last week before I posted here, not from the link posted in the beginning of this thread. I haven't installed the 4.01 from the beginning of this thread yet but plan on it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

So far I downloaded 4.01 from the link in the beginning of this thread. It installed fine but for some reason, Nortons 2007 found MSNChatsniffer in it again for some reason. The program is fine as far as installation goes. The msconfig.exe part with the start up programs didn't get deleted, my programs still start up but even though I put a perminant copy of 4.01 on a CD with the rest of the programs I have, Norton's still found and deleted MSNChatsniffer in 4.01 from the link in the beginning of this thread. This makes me confused.

Archived