IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ISD Beta 4.01 is available now!(Bug Fixed)

Hi Tim & enoskype,

I can verify the problem with missing startups. After installing and running a manual defrag, AVG free does not start, also one other program I have to start manually. There is really nothing to show in a screenshot, but if I open AWC startup manager the entries are no longer there. They are also not showing in startups in msconfig.

samr.

Hi samr,Tim,

Without knowing about the updated version of Beta 4 (i.e. 4.01),I decided to uninstall version 3.1 in a completely different laptop before installing version 4.

When uninstalling ISD Beta3.1 exactly same thing happened.

Nearly all of my startup items are wanted to be deleted.

I was lucky to have the Tea Timer of SS&D active on both computers to stop all the deletion.

This is a serious issue for the novice.

I think the problem is in the UNINSTALLATION OF ISD.

FYI

Later, installing Beta4.01 , no problems accured.

Hello, the problem is caused by uninstalling the previous version of ISD. So when you uninstall 3.1 or 4.0, the startup item under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" will removed.

It's a bug in InnoSetup, the program supposed to delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\IObit Smart Defrag", but when the Value "IObit Smart Defrag" is empty, it will remove the whole key!

You can do a test that if you have install 4.01, and try to uninstall it. The Startup items will not be removed any more.

Hi samr,

If you have put them in the Ignore List of AWC, you can find them there and either add them to the Registry Tim mentioned, or if you have SS&D, you can add them to startup in the tools section.

It may be a good option in AWC, if we have an add option in startup.

Don't be confused, it was a bug concerning Betas 3.1 &4.0.

This bug has been eliminated in ISD Beta 4.01

You should have read:

ATTENTION!!!_ISD_USERS

and Post #9

http://www.iobit.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2924#post2924

of this thread.

Since it is an uninstallation issue, only precaution can be taken before unistallation. (As you know installing a new version, asks for uninstallation of the old version also.)

IObit was sorry for the mistake.

I hope you succeed to get back all your startup items.

I just installed V4.01 on a relateively clean, lightly used, and well maintained PC. The disk was about 25% used and about 30% fragmented.

It was a fresh installation so this is not the upgrade issue.

At about 80% of the way through SmartDefrag crashed with a trapped error which I sent in through the automated error reporting. The same thing happened on the second attempt (which I did not bother sending in) and on the third SmartDefrag just hung around about the same point.

This was on a family members PC so I didn't have time to investigate further and I haven't attempted to upgrade my own machine from V3 (and Im not too keen - a crashing Defrag utility isn't my idea of fun).

I should say Ive been using V3 for some time now on my own machine and have been very happy with it.

Hi,

I have to say I liked the old look and feel better, only because I liked some of the settings - like comprehensive versus just a defrag. Works great though!

What is the best screen resolution that it should be viewed at? I'm missing, or have half shots of some items. Maximize button is missing as well?

- Wayne

Hi Wayne P,

When you click Defrag you can select "defrag" or "defrag & Optimize". This is the same as "exress" or "compehensive".

You are right about the view, part of program disappears of the right edge. Seems to be the same at any resolution. Maximize button is also missing. I do like the new display. It seems to give you a better idea of what is actually going on as the disc is optimized.

samr.

Hi samr, Wayne P,

FYI

Please find attached ISD & Display Properties windows for comparison at

Resolution= 1680 x 1050 on top of a full screen Notepad window on a Laptop.

I always used this resolution and never had a problem.

Cheers.

EDIT:

Second one is resolution 1024x768 where the ISD window is at the opening place and position on top of a full screen Notepad..

ISDresolution.zip

ISDresolution2.zip

The bug's still there!

Tim,

I downloaded ISD from the location in Post#1 at 1:15 AM CST on 10/23/07.

The install attempted to delete about 10 entries from my startup list, but Spybot's Tea-Timer stopped it from doing so (Thanks enoskype).

Now that it and my system are finally working, it looks and works great.

RicH

Hi RicH,

The bug is not still there!!!

You were either using Beta 3.1 or Beta 4.0.

The bug was in the uninstallation of them.

The bug is eliminated in ISD Beta 4.01.

Yes, Tea-Timer of SS&D is a life saver in XP, but it is better to do what is said in the following link:

http://www.iobit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488

especially in Vista.

Cheers.

Archived