IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can't scan with IObit 360!

blacksea

My little brother downloaded a file what was infected. Comodo firewall warned me about it and blocked the file automaticly. IS360 didn't warned me about it. So I wanted to scan the file on menu, but I couldn't. There was no option 'Scan with Iobit Security 360'. But I can scan the file with mamb and A-squared.

Blacksea.

Is little brother running Win 7?

Hi Blacksea! Welcome here as always, but you know this!

If so the context menu option to scan with 360 isn't available with Win 7 yet. Will be in an upcoming version according to Enoskype.

Peace and prosperity to you and your brother!!

-Mel

Hi Blacksea! Welcome here as always, but you know this!

If so the context menu option to scan with 360 isn't available with Win 7 yet. Will be in an upcoming version according to Enoskype.

Peace and prosperity to you and your brother!!

-Mel

Hi Melvin_Deal,

I thank you for your loving reply. Peace an prosperity for you and your family !

But I am using Windows XP S2 and not Windows 7. It's only a theme what I downloaded because I like it more than the XP theme.

Blacksea.

I would like to remind to the users that in earlier versions of ASC, "Clean Recycle Bin and Privacy ©" in the right click menu of Recycle Bin for Vista was not available. In the recent versions, it exists there.

I have given that as an example that context menu option to scan with IS 360 is expected to be functional in Win7 64x in the coming versions of IS 360.

Cheers.

EDIT: It should work for XP. blacksea, is your "Scan with IObit Security 360" checkbox checked under General Settings -Context Menu-section?

I would like to remind to the users that in earlier versions of ASC, "Clean Recycle Bin and Privacy ©" in the right click menu of Recycle Bin for Vista was not available. In the recent versions, it exists there.

I have given that as an example that context menu option to scan with IS 360 is expected to be functional in Win7 64x in the coming versions of IS 360.

Cheers.

EDIT: It should work for XP. blacksea, is your "Scan with IObit Security 360" checkbox checked under General Settings -Context Menu-section?

Dear Enoskype,

As I mentioned, I am not using Windows 7. I am using windows XP. I can scan other files on context menu but that file I couldn't scan. I hope you know what I mean.

blacksea

OK blacksea, I misunderstood you as Melvin_Deal.

Can you show the details of that file please. So I can replicate the situation in my XP sp3.

Is it a DOS file with pic extention?

Cheers.

Im sorry Enoskype,

I deleted the file because it was infected. But it was a file that had to do something with MSDOS.

Very hard to know why it was like that and evaluate without investigating the file blacksea. :sad:

Here is an example of a scan possibility of an MS-DOS file by IS360:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3511&d=1261267893

Cheers.

Dear Enoskype,

I'm really really sorry. So I have downloaded the file specially for you.

I don't know how to give you more detail about the file but maybe this is one kind of way to get some details I think.

Edit After I downloaded the file again, I couldn't save the printscreen to the desktop. Only thing I could, was to save it to my documents. As you see my first attached file was saved on My Documents. The second attachedment is the error I recieved after redownloading the file again :?.

Blacksea.

OK,This is Weird

Reading this thread,and just two days ago,I had the option for 360 to unlock and delete in the context menu-that's an absolute certainty.I "think" I recall seeing the "scan with" option as well,but can't swear to that one.I know the S&D was there because I was using it to delete some leftovers from a bad case of Webroot Beta Blues.Well,no option from 360 appears in the menu today.Only actions performed out of the ordinary were: run Webroot clean-up tool and install Panda Free (which does show up in context)I've opened 360, unticked,closed out and logged off,then reopened,re-ticked,applied,OK,and still no 360 options! Have I lost my mind,or what's left of it :shock:

blacksea, I would temporarily disable the AV program, download it and then upload it to VirusTotal .

Let's see the result.

Cheers.

I disabled Avast at this moment and uploaded the file to virustotal!

Here is the result: http://www.virustotal.com/nl/analisis/0b194b21c72f59e922aa1f50adbcc6e295046dd00965ab2e3dd1261a0c56c580-1261258721

But A-squared detects it also as a trojan and in the attachment you can see what Comodo says about it. I will turn the language of Comodo to english so everybody can understand it. It now stands on Dutch because I live in Dutch =].

And I just see that ALL the files on my desktop disapeared! Now there is only My computer / My documents / Recylce bin. I think this has to do something with the error I mentioned. Please help!

Bleacksea.

Reading this thread,and just two days ago,I had the option for 360 to unlock and delete in the context menu-that's an absolute certainty.I "think" I recall seeing the "scan with" option as well,but can't swear to that one.I know the S&D was there because I was using it to delete some leftovers from a bad case of Webroot Beta Blues.Well,no option from 360 appears in the menu today.Only actions performed out of the ordinary were: run Webroot clean-up tool and install Panda Free (which does show up in context)I've opened 360, unticked,closed out and logged off,then reopened,re-ticked,applied,OK,and still no 360 options! Have I lost my mind,or what's left of it :shock:

Hi detailer,

I am still able to scan other files with the 360 option. But the only file I cant scan with on context is the file I mentioned in this threat. This is lost my mind. Because I can scan it with mamb and a-squared. Maybe the file is blocking IS360 for scanning it, so it cant detect him.

I will do a systemrestore for 3 days earlier.

And when I started my computer up 2 minuts ago. I noticed a very annoying. The cooler turned harder and made a noise that he normally didn't make.

Also I noticed a other thing. The taskmanager. You can see it on the attachment. Normally there stands BLACKSEA as I am the administrator. But now I was able to save things on my desktop and SOME file were back, not ALL.

By cooler... you mean fan?

The snapshot shows high cpu usage by "steam","a2", and "system idle". This is why the fan is running hard. Are you familiar with "steam" and "a2"? I'm not but my experience is limited. If machine continues to run hard, I suggest you stop these from running... will free resources so you can work.

P.S. Was your system completely booted up when you took the snapshot??

The snapshot shows high cpu usage by "steam","a2", and "system idle". This is why the fan is running hard. Are you familiar with "steam" and "a2"? I'm not but my experience is limited. If machine continues to run hard, I suggest you stop these from running... will free resources so you can work.

P.S. Was your system completely booted up when you took the snapshot??

Oh Melvin, after you said if my computer was completely booted up, I started the Taskmanager again and saw that everything was normal. My system wasn't completely booted up, because I wanted to stop a process from running. But Steam and A-sqaured are fine programs. It takes a while when they start up and as I said, it was a snapshot when I just booted up my system, so those programs were just running at that time.

But now I'm gonna do a system restore and also the cooler acts normal.

I appreciate the input of everyone who wanted to help me. Thank you.

Peace Blacksea.

Your A2 boots differently than mine... I'm just curious?

Why do you say it like I attacked you ? I just explained what could be the reason and also u saw that a2 was updating at that moment because I saw a green pionter moving up. Maybe thats why it had more cpu usage.

blacksea, I would get rid of that file and have a look at HERE to find tons of information what to do for viruses.

Perhaps asystem restore to a time before you downloaded that file for the first time may be a remedy.

Cheers.

Enoskype,

If you want more information about the file, I have put the file in the viruschest of Avast so it can do no harm anymore. So it's still in my system to give you more details. Just say to me what you want me to do to give you more information about the file.

Blacksea.

Pif files are fortran?? Seems to be an extremely well disguised file. The earliest windows dos was written in fortran.

Sorry melvin,

I overlooked this reply. I really don't know what a Pif file and a fortran is. I would like to give you more information about the file. Just ask me what to to.

Blacksea

Hi blacksea,

Here is the quote from Microsoft.

MS

Malware Protection Center

Threat Research and Response

VirTool:Win32/VBInject.gen!BW

Encyclopedia entry

Updated: Oct 16, 2009 | Published: Oct 10, 2009

Aliases

Win-Trojan/Inject.57344.CJ (AhnLab)

Trojan.Win32.VBKrypt.z (Kaspersky)

W32/VBTroj.BPMD (Norman)

Win32/AutoRun.KS (ESET)

Win32/Hamweq.IE (CA)

Generic VB.c (McAfee)

Alert Level : Severe

Antimalware protection details

Microsoft recommends that you download the latest definitions to get protected. Detection last updated:

Definition: 1.71.269.0

Released: Nov 26, 2009 Detection initially created:

Definition: 1.63.1417.0

Released: Aug 13, 2009

Recovery

Manual removal is not recommended for this threat. To detect and remove this threat and other malicious software that may have been installed, run a full-system scan with an up-to-date antivirus product such as Microsoft Security Essentials.

Cheers.

Archived