IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Firefox 3.5.7

usefullll

• 2 weeks later...

Hi titou

I think Fred's concern was that sometimes curiosity kills the cat for the unwary variety of that species :-)

Regards

solbjerg

Hi Fred

especially mozila.

We are some whose are not normal users but informed and curious... :razz:

I'am sure you are !

Best regard

Hi Mongoose,

Here is what I read about it :

Mozilla Firefox 3.7 and abandonments exchanges strategy

Internet - Written on Tuesday, January 19th, 2010 by Frederick Mazué

According to our associate ComputerWorld who gathered purposes of Mike Beltzner, the manager of the development of Firefox, Mozilla foundation leaves Firefox 3.7 which is purely and simply withdrawn from movement order. According to our colleague ComputerWorld has collected end Mike Beltzner, the director of development of Firefox, Mozilla Firefox 3.7 that leaves simply removed from the roadmap simple percentage.

Future evolutions of Firefox are not in danger therefore. The intended development of Firefox does not make them in danger. Perhaps even contrariwise. Perhaps even the contrary. Rather than to add functionalities to the navigator twice a year, explains Mike, intention is to bring every four-six weeks, at the same time as the publications of the habitual updatings of security.

It seems that the team adopts this new strategy not to find itself any more in situation than her connait with Firefox 3.6. In effect while the final version of this one was planned for November, 2009, we are only to the Release Candidate 2 published this day. Only the Indeed, while the finale one was planned for November on 2009, we are released today Release Candidate 2.

' I am proud of the manner we challenge ourselves ' Mike explains, by making allusion to the delay of Firefox 3.6. We tremendously taught about what could decelerate our movement order, and it will help us to plan the exit of the next versions '. ' We ' ve learned has lot end what could down our roadmap and slow dance help us to will plan out the next versions.

Cheers

I just we'll have to see what happens. I have no problem with mine and it updates itself everyday cause I get a notification on it. It did update twice yesterday. I guess they can also rename 3.7, 4.0 later and by my link I posted I on my other post I should get my update within an hour.

• 1 month later...

Hi titou56

Well on my previous post I was running 3.7.1, but now it up to 3.7.2. Its a alittle sludges after todays update but what do you expect it still in alpha stage. Im keep hearing about how Opera 10.50 beta 2 is so fast, well Im not impressed. I downloaded Opera on the same machine as my FF and compared the two in benchmark test. In the Sunspider javascript test FF was more than twice as fast. With the V8 Benchmark Suite test they were about the same. The Browserscope test FF beat it in all of the but one. In the Acid test Opera got 100 and FF got 96.

Hi Mongoose :wink:

So, the updates are always "in the air" for 3.7... It's a good new !

A couple of weeks ago, I tested the alpha 1 of FF and was quit disapointed to see that there was no difference of speed, neither at the launch nor at the surf, with 3.6 version... Do you agree ?

Best regards

Hi titou56

I also tried that version when it was released to the public and not sure what they did to it, it didn't seem the same. 3.6 and 3.7 are using to different javascripts. I even compared the 2 in different benchmark test and 3.7 had better numbers. Hopefully todays update will fix some things but we will see. I think later today I will download 3.6 again and compare the 2 again. One thing is that I do like Opera in the way it looks with the tab on top so I got me some addons to make my FF look like Opera. But anyway Ill come back later and let you know how the test go between the to FF and leave some comparision numbers.

Well I waited for 3.7.2 to update brfore I ran any test. Its been awhile since I ran 3.6. But here's the numbers I got on my computer.

V8 Benchmark Suite (higher the better)

3.7.2= 233

3.6= 195

Sunspider Javascript Test ( lower the better)

3.7.2= 1819

3.6= 2040

Browserscope

Security= 6/13, same#

Rich test= 34/41, same#

Selectors API= 3.7.2 - 100%, 3.6 - 99.3%

Network= 14/15, same#

Acid3= 3.7.2 - 96, 3.6 - 94

The two are real close in the Browserscope test

thanks

Hi Mongoose :wink:

Well, good work !

Then, I run a lot of add-ons with my 3.6 (Adblock, Cooliris, Quick&clean, Fast translation, Imtranslator, Download helper, Keyscrambler) which are not running with 3.7... I'll wait an RC !

Thank you Boss :-D

Best regards

Archived