IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

"Range check error" when attempting to enter Gaming Mode [SOLVED in GB 1.4]

bucsfan2

Hi Daniel

Hope you appreciated the joke!! :-)

May I suggest that you adopt a different mode of download/install procedure.

I always download the install file to a folder for Install.exe files on my computer and unblock it and install it from there.

When any update comes along I do the same, but do not delete the previous version until I am completely satified that the new one works flawlessly. So I often have 2-3 versions in my downloaded program files folder.

Cheers

solbjerg

Sorry, I meant version 1.31.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Range check error

Since updating to version 131 I get range check error message when I try to go to game mode. the app then locks and I have to use task manager to close it. Is there a way I can get version 130 back?

I have Windows XP 32 bit OS

I have tried clean install several times as well as with two different downloads of version 131 but same result. I have cleared folder after uninstall and tried again but same result.

I'm having the same issue! Everything worked great on 1.30. Has anyone been able to pin point the problem? this saddens me :(

But thank you for the above poster for the download on 1.30, works great again.

(the only changes I made today on my machine, was disable Hibernation, disabled the paging executive and enabled Readyboost with a usb key. Not sure if this helps. I'm on Vista 32, and my antivirus was not active before and after installing 1.31. I've also deleted the folder before installing 1.31 for a clean install)

Hello

Gamebooster was running great with no problems until I did a clean install of version 1.31 then my problems started. When I press on the "Switch to gaming mode the above mesaage appears. To exit Gamebooster I have to Control, alt, delete and end the process.

Do you have any idea what it might be? Is there a "fix" for it as I think this is a great little programme!

Cheers

Win XP (service pack 3), Intel Quad Q9450, 4 gig ram

I have the exact same error.1.3 runs fine.When i load 1.3.1 i get the out of range error and game booster is locked up.I went back to 1.3 and it's fine again.1.3.1 is the problem.Not your computer.Could be a scam to make you think you need to buy the reg cleaner.Go back to 1.3 version.I just wish the annoying(new version update would go away).

Its definately not registry related, I bought the full version of Advanced SystemCare and still when I installed 1.31 I get the ranger popup error, and the system freezes, the only way is to ctrl-alt-del and end the process for the program :(

Hello

Gamebooster was running great with no problems until I did a clean install of version 1.31 then my problems started. When I press on the "Switch to gaming mode the above mesaage appears. To exit Gamebooster I have to Control, alt, delete and end the process.

Do you have any idea what it might be? Is there a "fix" for it as I think this is a great little programme!

Cheers

Win XP (service pack 3), Intel Quad Q9450, 4 gig ram

I have the exact same problem stated here above my reply.EXACT!

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried a new download of 1.31 and I have the same problem as before. I then tried v.1,0 and it worked fine, I then tried the 1.30 and it worked fine so I conclude there is something inherently wrong with version 1.31. Will you be fixing this or updating with a new version that works any time soon? I realize that this is freeware but it doesn't do your rep any good to have buggy software available for download

• 2 weeks later...

Archived