IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

.ixquick add on .

itsmejjj

Comodo Dragon ?

Hi jjj

If you haven't already, you may want to go to the Comodo forum and have a look at the Comodo Dragon browser which is based on Chrome.

It is still being 'built' and so not ready for the general public (or doesn't seem to be ready to me at least)

Still, I know you are interested in this stuff so it's something to keep an eye on :wink:

All the best, woz of oz

Some yes, some no, maybe, maybe not

Over on the forums some folks are using it ok with just a few minor problems others have all sorts of problems like you did.

Maybe it's a new version release and has an install bug.

I'm not sure what's happening with it as I don't follow the discussions much anymore, I'm happy with FireFox, just thought you might like to check on it every now and then to see what's happening :wink:

As I said, it's not for the general public, but then, when it comes to testing software you don't fit into the general public category :grin:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi wozofoz,

I downloaded Comodo Dragon and I didn't encountered any problem with it. It is very light weight and very very fast in opening links. And it does look almost 90% like Chrome. If it is out of beta, I will delete Chrome and will be using this. This is safer and has the same speed !

Blacksea.

yes it is is it not .i near was thinking i used the comodo one .

any way this is as far as i got!

what is the os you are using .and fire wall perhaps this could be my problem.

i wanted to test them ..i even unmounted my blocking apps (risky) but just got stuck.and unable to take a peek.

glad it works for you..

itsmejjj

Hi itsmejjj,

I use Comodo Firewall Free version. And my os is Windows XP sp3 with vista theme. But it actually feels more quicker than Chrome it self. I changed it to my standard browser.

Blacksea.

yes it is is it not .i near was thinking i used the comodo one .

any way this is as far as i got!

what is the os you are using .and fire wall perhaps this could be my problem.

i wanted to test them ..i even unmounted my blocking apps (risky) but just got stuck.and unable to take a peek.

glad it works for you..

itsmejjj

• 3 weeks later...
now i wonder how may use this site? i can tell you thy do not track.log.or care where you are from.thy keep no data..now even offer to use them as a proxcy free .

cant get better than this.

itsmejjj

mel i was talking about the 1st post. not the download.i do not have a problem .with most sites.unless thy have a spook attached to there link.then thy they blacked out..

i am one of the ones belong to a troop of people .that are fanatical .blockers.any and all.that try to spy.or ping.scan .track.we have a rule called NOT allowed.

no system software.or any of the OS is allowed out to the net.a very simple strict rule..

any ip that attempt a icmp are bared for life.no if or but..

no MS APPLICATION or APPLICATIONS are allow contact with the out side

win log on. host,processes and so on.java scrips,active x.no movie links.

cookies.any type tracking.are aggressively blocked intercepted by 3 blockers,last no 4 my filters..

most i made my self.or modernized

one step more we block our own provider UDP /any...no business what we do

in up and down..thy did com plane 1 time .and after a talk with them agreed it was fine by them.if that is how we felt..that was 8 years ago..i do not even contact them by cp. only when i pay my bill show up at there office.

now call it what one likes

we call it a right..not a gift.

every person has a right the to stay private IF SO desired.blocked what one feels as a treat to privacy.

many misunderstand this right..or simply do not know better.

or the ones that tell you if you worry..

has nothing to do with worry .or any thing.its a free thing.cost nothing.

bar a few million lives that felt the same its called

THE RIGHT to be free..human..

or something similar..

itsmejjj

all that is and are allowed are the browser.and my proxy program .

thats it .no if or but

* When you click directly on a search result, you leave the protection of Ixquick.

* Direct connection with the third party website is established.

* The website can see and record your IP address, place cookies on your browser, and possibly read cookies placed there by others.

* The website can observe and record your behavior, including links you click on and pages you view.

* On the upside, pages load more quickly, since you are displaying content directly from its source.

* The "no-proxy" option makes sense when you are not concerned about privacy, when you trust the website, or when you want to be identified, like when you log into your bank account.

that is why i like this site..no other reason .and wanted to share this .with our members.

Archived