IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Connection of USB Device Causes Crash

atailor1

Hi Guys,

I've got one for you. I just recently purchased a Microsoft LifeCam Cinema, so to stay in touch with family and friends. Note: This is not my first webcam nor the first to be installed on this computer. Now that we have that out the way, to my problem. When the software calls for the camera to be installed, I plug it in, new hardware recognized, blah, blah, then the BSOD and a system reboot. Have uninstalled software with Revo, cleaned out leftover reg entries and tried again, oops! see above. Have tried disconnecting all USB powered items (two printers), and tried again, oops! see above. My mouse and keyboard are also USB, but are having no problems. Have tried doing a web search and have found others who have experienced a like issue, but no one anywhere seems to have a fix. Camera appears in control panel (Scanners and Cameras) just like it had installed with no problem. Checked with Uncle Bill, since it's his product, but wading through pages of double speak will have you cross-eyed with minutes. Any help out there?

XP SP3 (Updated)

Asus M3N78 Pro

Athlon AM2 2.6

3MB Ram

Nvidia GeForce GT220

Thanks in advance,

A.T

Hi atailor

I suppose you have tried chkdsk and if that didn't help sfc /scannow ?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Guys,

I've got one for you. I just recently purchased a Microsoft LifeCam Cinema, so to stay in touch with family and friends. Note: This is not my first webcam nor the first to be installed on this computer. Now that we have that out the way, to my problem. When the software calls for the camera to be installed, I plug it in, new hardware recognized, blah, blah, then the BSOD and a system reboot. Have uninstalled software with Revo, cleaned out leftover reg entries and tried again, oops! see above. Have tried disconnecting all USB powered items (two printers), and tried again, oops! see above. My mouse and keyboard are also USB, but are having no problems. Have tried doing a web search and have found others who have experienced a like issue, but no one anywhere seems to have a fix. Camera appears in control panel (Scanners and Cameras) just like it had installed with no problem. Checked with Uncle Bill, since it's his product, but wading through pages of double speak will have you cross-eyed with minutes. Any help out there?

XP SP3 (Updated)

Asus M3N78 Pro

Athlon AM2 2.6

3MB Ram

Nvidia GeForce GT220

Thanks in advance,

A.T

Good Afternoon Guys,

Thank you for your responses, I have run chkdsk all o.k., scannow indicates that their may be problems, that I will have to get worked out. IRQ check seems to indicate that there are no conflicts. Have a dinner party that I am cooking for tonight (Cajun theme), so I'll be running my XP install disk tomorrow to fix Scannow reported problems. Will let you know how it goes.

Again many thanks.

A.T.

Spring Cleaning Worked

Hi Solbjerg and Enoskype,

Ran windows install disk and let it fix any errors in scannow. Problem was still there, so I decided to do a little spring cleaning. Got out the canned air, microfiber cloth and went to work. Pulled all cards, memory, sprayed all connections, usb ports, et al. Wife says, "if you've got that much energy, when are going to start on the house!!!" Put everything back in, booted up and low and behold, there's the camera working like a champ. So if you haven't done a little preventive maintenance in while now would be a good time to start. Thank you again for trying to point me in the right direction.

A.T.

Hi atailor

:-) Glad to hear a little cleaning did the job :-)

If you have any energy left over - just go on - and make your wife happy!! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg and Enoskype,

Ran windows install disk and let it fix any errors in scannow. Problem was still there, so I decided to do a little spring cleaning. Got out the canned air, microfiber cloth and went to work. Pulled all cards, memory, sprayed all connections, usb ports, et al. Wife says, "if you've got that much energy, when are going to start on the house!!!" Put everything back in, booted up and low and behold, there's the camera working like a champ. So if you haven't done a little preventive maintenance in while now would be a good time to start. Thank you again for trying to point me in the right direction.

A.T.

Now that you're running!

Hello and how are you doing? Rick8460 here with maybe a little insight for your USB Ports. Did you know you have High and Low milliamps ports? Some ports get setup by default this way and some are user setup. Different devices require different millivolts/milliamp settings. You should be able to access these settings in Device Manager/system devices/USB Ports and Hubs. Preferable setting is around 15 to 20% above devices maximum power usage.

Hope the info was useful.:smile:

Archived