IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Comodo System Cleaner

blacksea

Yeah, I wanted to compare the program with ASC.

Comodo found 242 errors and ASC 160 errors.

And the thing I liked with Comodo was a feature called REGISTRY PROTECTION.

It did gave me the feelings it is a very user friendly tool.

Hi blacksea

It looks like comodo has a bit more aggressive cleaner parameters than ASC.

Don't run the programs in tandem is my advice.

At least be sure that you have a copy of your registry that works before trying.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yeah, I wanted to compare the program with ASC.

Comodo found 242 errors and ASC 160 errors.

And the thing I liked with Comodo was a feature called REGISTRY PROTECTION.

It did gave me the feelings it is a very user friendly tool.

Hi blacksea

It looks like comodo has a bit more aggressive cleaner parameters than ASC.

Don't run the programs in tandem is my advice.

At least be sure that you have a copy of your registry that works before trying.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

Well, your actually right. I was lucky to have that REGISTRY PROTECTION enabled and I did restart my computer to see if there was some difference.

I noticed that msn was taking longer to load and Comodo Dragon was freezing a bit. So I was lucky that I could revert it back with the Protection option. I do think this could be a major improvement for ASC if they would include it also. Not for about 30 errors but for registry errors over 200+. Or would it be hijacking ?

Blacksea

Hi solbjerg,

Well, your actually right. I was lucky to have that REGISTRY PROTECTION enabled and I did restart my computer to see if there was some difference.

I noticed that msn was taking longer to load and Comodo Dragon was freezing a bit. So I was lucky that I could revert it back with the Protection option. I do think this could be a major improvement for ASC if they would include it also. Not for about 30 errors but for registry errors over 200+. Or would it be hijacking ?

Blacksea

Hi friend!!!!

I've tested this a few different times. If you are not very confident about working with the registry then STAY AWAY from it!

yes good advice..i think ccleaner is just as good.but then i try any thing.before i do .i would like some on this..

i do not like to monkey about .with the registry..

itsmejjj

Hi itsmejjj,

Yes luckly, after the reboot, it asked me if the system worked properly. I had 2 options

1) I could revert the errors it fixed, back.

2) Finish it and save it.

And I did the first one and everything worked well again.

I understand and that's my point. If you let it fix, repair, or whatever, the wrong key then all of the backup and restore options in the world will be no good when Windows doesn't boot.

This is a good article by a respected Windows expert called Edd Bott. A good read for anyone. Why I don’t use registry cleaners

Another good read from the Spybot forums. Registry Cleaners, not recommended

Registry cleaners do have their place. But they should be used very cautiously and only by someone who knows the registry very well.

Many people don't realize that all System Restore is is a snapshot of the Registry.

If you can't boot to Windows, System Restore is useless.

ya for sure and i was sweating it be ok..

i tell ya what this thing is deadly.it cleansed ok.

ok i got away with it.no need to re image..

.now i can tell you this my system is faster! booting.and loading.i have no idea.why or what

its fast .very fast .now what was and mind bogler .look at my cap .

you read the warning.and think.will or wont i

haaa ..i held my breath.and closed my eyes and hit ok

it rebooted.

and all is 100%..fhew...

but let me say this i will not use it agian.? this thing is aggressive!

it found 384 faults.

thank for the link .i like a trill when it comes to software

and i certainly got it..a buzzz.

itsmejjj

I do like the free CCleaner. I’ve cleaned out 1 GB or more of junk on friends computers and it does make the system a little more responsive. You don’t get as many unexplained pauses. This is a problem with the lack of multithreading in Windows Explorer most of the time when it times out on dead resources like a detached network drive. I thought I remember reading something on the Vista features that fixes this by supporting multiple threads.

Other than that, I’ve made sure that I don’t have any dead links the system is trying to access on the desktop that are sure to cause a 30 second lockup even if I drag an icon across the dead link icon. Ccleaner also does a nice job removing a lot of that junk. The combination of MSCONFIG and Ccleaner works wonders.

i read the link and

cut this he agrees it ok ta use..

i do not know..nut i just done a full back up image and look at the time

it fixed something.and i admit i do not have the faintest idea what

but i am happy

i usually do not worry about this...is it worth the try

sure if one is fully backed up ,why not..

itsmejjj

by the way thanks for the link!!!

Archived