IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

To --Mom--

Melvin_Deal

It is possible that the connectivity issue to the internet is a different problem.

Have you reset your modem and router (if using one) by unpowering them for 5 to 10 seconds and then re-powering them.

You could try a different browser if the Firefox is corrupted or impeded.

Wish I could post directly to your thread... Hope you see this.8)

-Mel

Hi Mel -

From the descriptions in the topic, it does sound like malware is responsible.

We'll see as things progress. Sitting on the sidelines can be tough, especially when the practice is "new" on a forum. You'll get used to it, trust me :mrgreen:

To Mom if you read this... Please don't experiment with your connection, but wait for EF's suggestions! I do not yet understand this! But I will.

I wonder if changing the connection address will help mom connect, at least once...

Some routers can become infected too?

-Mel

EF isn't online and I don't know what to do now.

I am running ComboFix as directed in EF's post and it went through all the 'Stages', continued with the deletions and said it was going to post the log and the ComboFix window that says 'Please wait. _' has been open on the laptop desktop for way over an hour now with no log posting.

(I posted a message on the thread about this with a little more information, too.)

My problem is that I am eventually going to have to turn the computer off, but I don't know how. I know I'm not supposed to use the mouse on the screen (NOT that there's any options that can be seen to turn off the computer) while ComboFix is running, so what can I do? There IS a 'x' in the corner of the ComboFix window, but I don't know what will happen if I click on it. (I know it will close, but will it cause Combofix to do something destructive to the laptop?)

I apologize for posting here, but I think I'm panicking.

Hi --mom--

Please just follow EF's advice!

How do you send a 41.4 KB bytes ComboFix Log?

Concerning that question I suggest that you zip it first and then attach/send it.

You can send much more kilobytes that way

Read about it in Usage of IObit Products (links in my signature)

Cheers

solbjerg

I am running ComboFix as directed in EF's post and it went through all the 'Stages', continued with the deletions and said it was going to post the log and the ComboFix window that says 'Please wait. _' has been open on the laptop desktop for way over an hour now with no log posting.

(I posted a message on the thread about this with a little more information, too.)

My problem is that I am eventually going to have to turn the computer off, but I don't know how. I know I'm not supposed to use the mouse on the screen (NOT that there's any options that can be seen to turn off the computer) while ComboFix is running, so what can I do? There IS a 'x' in the corner of the ComboFix window, but I don't know what will happen if I click on it. (I know it will close, but will it cause Combofix to do something destructive to the laptop?)

I apologize for posting here, but I think I'm panicking.

Hi --mom--

Hi --mom-- :smile:

(Aside: It's been so many years since I have written or spoken that, now I'm all warm inside)

I won't post in the other thread where evilfantasy is helping you as it's best not to interrupt that 'conversation'

But, I have been following that thread with great interest and I am impressed.

evilfantasy is doing an excellent job of guiding you and his experience shows.

Considering your 'inexperience' with this stuff I must say your patience and perseverance are an inspiration to me.

RE: Your apology in the other thread

I have not read one dumb question from you, I only see careful consideration of the situation and a desire to do things correctly :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

:-) ... Wow, woz of oz, ... Thank you for the nice post! I appreciate all the nice things you said in it ... they made me feel a lot less 'dumb'!

(I just found your post. I wish I could figure out how to tell where there might be posts to an individual.)

(Actually, I just found the post by solbjerg in reply to my panicked post of the other night. Thank you, solbjerg!!!)

I totally agree with you on the nice things you said about evilfantasy, too. He is the best computer tech EVER!

Sunscribed and Notified ?

:-).... (I just found your post. I wish I could figure out how to tell where there might be posts to an individual.)

(Actually, I just found the post by solbjerg in reply to my panicked post of the other night. Thank you, solbjerg!!!) ...

If you wish to be notified of any new replies to threads you have posted in, here is the procedure:

User CP (on the left of the bar near the top of the page)

You will see New Subscribed Threads, these are the threads you are subscribed to and have a new post since your last visit that you have not read

You will also see View all Subscribed Threads (bottom right of the box) and clicking on that will show all.

Note: If you have not selected to be notified you will see none at this point.

To become automatically Subscribed to a thread that you start or post in and to choose email notification or not, go to:

User CP

Settings & Options > Edit Options (on the left)

Messaging & Notification

Default Thread Subscription Mode

• Select the type of Notification you want from the drop down list

If you select an email notification then an email will be automatically sent to the email address you gave when you registered at the forum.

I selected Instant email notification so I can simply open the email and click on the link :smile:

Note: Unfortunately, since you were not automatically subscribed and have now selected to be automatically subscribed you will need to do the following:

Thread Tools (near the top of this and any thread page)

If it says Subscribe to this thread

• Select Subscribe to this thread

• (New page opens) Check that the settings are correct and then click Add subscription

• You will be returned to the previous page.

Note: You can Subscribe to any thread you are interested in and do not have to post a reply to get the notification.

If it says Unsubscribe to this thread

• Select Unsubscribe from this thread

• You will be returned to the page.

• Select Subscribe to this thread

• (New page opens) Check that the settings are correct and then click Add subscription

• You will be returned to the previous page.

Go to any other thread you wish to subscribe to and do the same as above.

I know it's a pain but if you don't do that it quite often won't work properly.

It's a website (and not just this website) thing where it needs a kickstart to get it working :shrug:

The good news is, once you enable Subscribe then you will be automatically subscribed to any thread you post in and any new thread you create in the future and won't have to do the dance I described above :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

:-)

(I just found your post. I wish I could figure out how to tell where there might be posts to an individual.)

Hi --mom--,

I don't know if you mean it, but PM (personal mail) in the Forumis the private way to post to an individual.:smile:

Cheers.

Archived